Work out Cards for X-train ready yet?

sillyslim

I can get workout cards for STS, are the X-train cards ready yet?
If they are, where can I find them? Thanks! I love these workouts!

XTrain Cards

Not yet. We had to spend our time this week restoring functionality to the Workout Manager after the server crashed. But we're now back to working on the XTrain workout cards and hope to have them done next week. We will let you know when they're finished.

It is a bit frustrating that the cards are not ready yet. I spent a whole day doing 1RM testing and now I have to sit with a calculator determining what 75% of my1rm is for each exercise.

I had to do the same thing! Cathe is usually second to none in customer service, but I think she fell short this time. The workout cards should have been ready when the dvd's were released!

XTrain Workout cards

The XTrain user guide comes with all of the exercises in every workout. The one rep max calculator is fully functioning for all of the XTrain exercises. So, all you have to do is right them in your book in the meantime while we're working on this. You also only need to do this for the four upper body workouts.

Sorry, this not done yet but adding this functionality to the Workout Manager requires a tremendous amount of programming and work and it's hard to predict how long something like this this will take.

While I understand the frustration, I'm happy that they sent XTrain prior to the workout manager being updated. It's not ideal but I would be sad if we still didn't have the discs while waiting for the updates.

XTRain cards and Workout Manager

Exactly our thoughts too toomuchjoy. Withholding the release of XTrain until workouts cards in the Workout Manager are ready just wouldn't have made any sense in our opinion. If you look at other workout programs on the market today none use one rep max testing that I'm aware of and everyone using these programs manages just fine. One Rep Max testing and the Workout Manager are there to help everyone have a "better workout" and to make tracking and scheduling easier. But they're not something you have to use to do and enjoy the Xtrain workouts.

We know from STS that less than 5% of the people doing the STS program use the Workout Manager workout cards and one rep max testing and we expect similar numbers for XTrain. This is why it doesn't make sense to delay a release of a workout series for a feature that most don't use. Also, you can easily calculate and write down all of your weights for the four upper body XTrain workouts in probably less than 10 minutes. Granted, this is not as fast as the Workout Manager, but certainly doable while we work on this. We also provide graphics in the XTrain workouts that show the weight Cathe uses and this should also be a help to everyone using the XTrain program.

But don't think we're taking this lightly and not working on this. It's just a lot of work to implement this feature and it takes time to do and to solve all of the programming issues that pop up while attempting this.

Last edited:
I think people just need to relax!!! Just lift what you think you can. Do one rep max for STS it will figure it for you all you have to do is write it Down. And to say Cathe fell short?! REALLY? IMOP THAT WAS RUDE!!!

I think people just need to relax!!! Just lift what you think you can. Do one rep max for STS it will figure it for you all you have to do is write it Down. And to say Cathe fell short?! REALLY? IMOP THAT WAS RUDE!!!

I agree! I am just lifting as heavy as i can.. Its turning out well for me! Loving these wo so very much.

I was getting frustrated too and had to stop and remind myself that the Workout Manager is an awesome resource that is being provided for free. I am also finding the fact that both the users's guide and the videos indicate what weight Cathe is using to be tremendously helpful. Between that and looking at my 1 RM testing results it's working we'll for me. I WILL use the workout cards when they are ready though :)

Rude I agree. Before sts came out I did 1 rep max count testing and printed out all on the charts but I still had to adjust the weight load as I went through the sts rotation. So they numbers on xtrain workout cards may not be the perfect weight to use. It may be too light or too heavy. Each month you may have to adjust the weight as you get stronger.

Last edited:
I've never done STS and have never used the 1RM; however, I have always used the failure method. Once I know how many reps will be done my goal is to fail around the last rep. It's worked really well for me. I also love it when I know Cathe's weight because I can gauge where I'm starting the first time I do one of her workouts from that.

I will say that she really pushed me in Burn Sets. I'm not sure why 1RM is even needed for a workout like that one. If you are failing when you're supposed to--you have the proper weight!

The three times my husband and I did STS, we used the workout cards and updated our 1RM for each pass. The workout cards were an invaluable resource that are well worth the extra time. We have been playing with Xtrain to familiarize ourselves with the flow of the workouts and will wait for the cards to start the undulating rotation.

As far as cathe and her team go--they are THE BEST in the business!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.