Why is MMA so pricey?

LauraMax

Cathlete
I'm curious--it's at least $20 more than the rest of the DVDs? Is it longer? Is there more stuff on it? More than one workout? It can't be $56 for one workout, can it?

I'm curious--it's at least $20 more than the rest of the DVDs? Is it longer? Is there more stuff on it? More than one workout? It can't be $56 for one workout, can it?
MMA includes these workouts (info from the page describing the workouts: http://cathe.com/shock-cardio/ )
MMA Boxing

50-ish minute cardio boxing program with a touch of MMA thrown in to give this workout a new twist (or jab, ha). While any fighter would definitely cut up from this intense and thorough program, this workout focuses on getting the fitness enthusiast in the best shape possible "outside of the ring". Boxing is by far one of the most intense total body conditioning workouts out there. It is guaranteed to get your heart pumping, muscles moving and calories burning! So grab your wraps, gloves, rope and let's do it!
MMA Kickbox

An explosive 50-ish minute workout that will blast fat, build stamina, increase flexibility and muscle endurance. Punching and kicking combinations, elbow and knee strikes, along with some MMA influences will whip you into the best shape of your life. We are not training you to fight but once you finish this workout, you'll never need to. Are you up for the challenge?
MMA Fusion

A 45 minute high energy workout that fuses various basic Martial Art Exercises along with various Martial Art Styles for those who are really looking to push their cardiovascular and strength endurance limits. Get ready to kick, grab, strike, and knee your way to an unbelievable level of fitness. Just as with our boxing and kickboxing programs, MMA Fusion trains you for the love of fitness, not the sport of fighting.
Heavy Bag Bonus

This 20 to 30 minute super infused bonus workout starts out with practice punches, elbows, knees and kicks on the heavy bag. Once acclimated to the "feel" of the bag, you'll work your way up to doing basic punch/kick combinations on the bag too. Be prepared for your intensity level to explode like never before. This is the REAL DEAL!

AWESOME! OMG I cannot wait! Alrighty then, the cost makes much more sense. I wonder how I missed that breakdown? Thanks Kathryn.

Yes, thanks for the option to preorder. It is torture though. I think that I have realized that I am not a very patient person. I really really want them. They all look so great. It will be hard to pick which one to start with.

I third that! I preordered too. Someone pointed out the cost of MMA to me & I was curious.

That said, even if I hadn't preordered, now that I know what's on the disc I'd say $56 is a bargain. :)

I've been sooo busy with some drastic life changes for most of this year, that I haven't been on the forums or even checking to see what's up with Shock Cardio. Let me say that I was SUPER PLEASED to see that STS Shock Cardio is going to be here very soon! What a wonderful surprise. My main motivation for purchasing the series was the heavy bag/MMA component!

That being said, I'd forgotten that I'd even pre-ordered and was getting ready to order the MMA DVD - LOL. I'm glad that I double checked to make sure! This series is going to be phenomenal. I'm really looking forward to the new challenges!!

Way to go, Cathe & crew!! I am so appreciative for the pre-order because I wouldn't have been able to purchase it now! Getting the DVD's delivered will be a great early Christmas/birthday present to myself this year - LOL

The heavy bag bonus workout is actually on the same disc as the MMA Boxing Workout. We just updated our Shock Cardio page, so things should be a little clearer now. FYI - the times shown for the MMA workouts are just guesses. We will post the actual times in the next couple days.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.