"Who wants to talk about the Low Impact series?"

Low Impact series

How many of the workouts will be cardio-only? And will it be possible to pre-order those as a group and not order the weight workouts, yoga, etc. ?

It depends what you mean by cardio only? For example a circuit workout, or a HiiT workout can use weights, but still mainly be cardio. The Low Impact series is a predominantly cardio based workout system and there is really only one traditional strength training workout in the series. You can always buy the workouts separately, but I doubt the cost savings of doing this will be cheaper than if you bought the entire set and also received the Fitness by Cathe Slide and Guide discs for free. But you will have to see what makes sense for you.

When we get closer to May 1st we will release the detailed information of each workout. We've only roughly told everyone about some of the workouts. There is still a lot more details about the other workouts which are the real "meat" of the Low Impact series to be released.

Last edited:
How about Spin? Love this...read it on Cathe's FB just now :D

Cathe:
Well, awesome news for spin lovers. I actually AM MAKING A SPIN DVD....and the whole reason I haven't been able to give a final count to the Low Impact Series DVD's yet is because I don't know if I will have the spin workout included in this series as a "deluxe" package or film it as a stand alone. Still trying to see how many spin lovers are out there. :)

Given that I don't do spin workouts, I definitely would prefer it to be a standalone workout, rather than included in the set. I'm planning on preordering everything else, though

Cycle Cathe

You will certainly be able to purchase the Low Impact Series with or without the Spin workout. We realize most people don't have a spin bike. We are either going to offer the Low Impact series as:

1. Low Impact Series (normal - Spin DVD not included)
2. Low Impact Series (Deluxe - Spin DVD included)

or the Spin DVD will just be a separate DVD. Either way you will be able to purchase the Low Impact Series DVDs without the Spin DVD.

SPIN? Awesome. Do it.

I've been thinking of buying a spin bike for home, now that they are more available. Could you recommend a good one?

the clothes

Ummmm, can we please stop talking about this exercise stuff & someone answer the most important Q: where did you get the CLOTHES??????????? :D:cool::eek:

LauraMax,
The clothes come from FeelFitWear.com, the same company that provided the outfits for the last series.

I've never done a spin class before nor do I have a spin bike. By chance could the spin workout be done on an elliptical?

So looking forward to the new low impact series!!!! I'm so excited I can't contain myself.
:D

Brenda
visit my blog at: www.brenda-4fitness.blogspot.com

Cycle Cathe ♥

You will certainly be able to purchase the Low Impact Series with or without the Spin workout. We realize most people don't have a spin bike. We are either going to offer the Low Impact series as:

1. Low Impact Series (normal - Spin DVD not included)
2. Low Impact Series (Deluxe - Spin DVD included)

or the Spin DVD will just be a separate DVD. Either way you will be able to purchase the Low Impact Series DVDs without the Spin DVD.

Sign me up ...DELUXE babe!!! :p

Barre and yoga and step, oh my! All low impact, and discs included with pre-order!?!?! I just pinched myself!

Thank you Cathe! :D

THANK YOU CATHE!

Note to self: do not begin to read Cathe forums on ipad at 5am while holding a hot cup of coffee...poor ipad is still recovering after I spurted coffee all over it after reading the awesome news about the new series. Cathe, you may have heard my excited hysterical girly-girl screams all the way from Australia! (and it wasn't because of the coffee I sprayed all over myself as well as the ipad). Kids thought it was a smoke alarm. Thank you SO MUCH for listening to all of us who have been begging you for this series over at the "Suggestions" thread. Just one question - are the gliding disks used in the cardio workouts? And a suggestion...this week I'm doing 4 Day Split - one of my faves since there are so many premix options and the individual workouts are a nice length for those of us who don't have a lot of time to work out. I'd love to see a low impact bootcamp version of the 4DS bootcamp - all drills, no weights, 30ish mins.

:D:D:D:D Doing the happy dance!! :D:D:D:D (hmm does that count as cardio?)

ETA: Not interested in barre at all but wish I had room for a spin bike - if only someone would invent a lightweight, portable, folding spin bike that can fit under my bed...

Last edited:
Yes, I'm in although my job is ending. I need a good pick-me-up and investment in good health. Thank you, I was waiting for this news.

Kettlebells

Perhaps in the future, but Cathe currently doesn't teach a kettlebell class and is not certified in kettlebells. When Cathe makes a workout she likes to first make sure she has a thorough understanding of the subject and is certified to teach that type of class.

Spin, too?!?!?!?!?! Awesome. Just got my spinning bike so I'm super-excited to hear about this.

For the person who asked about the spin bike - I got the SpinnerFit, from Spinner.com. They make spinning bikes for gyms, but the SpinnerFit has a slightly smaller footprint to be used in the home. I absolutely love it. (check www.spinnerfit.com for a good package deal).

I'm so excited - can't wait for the new workouts (except for spinning-don't have a bike). Could there possibly be a low impact HIIT (similar to the one in Intensity)? Pretty Please? Thank you so much Cathe for being so great at being you and for helping all of us be the best we can be!

Perhaps in the future, but Cathe currently doesn't teach a kettlebell class and is not certified in kettlebells. When Cathe makes a workout she likes to first make sure she has a thorough understanding of the subject and is certified to teach that type of class.

Another reason to love Cathe: INTEGRITY.

Yippee! I've been sick so I missed this awesome announcement! How exciting and I'm def in for the DELUXE set! My spin bike just sits down there by it's lonesome but I know I'll use it to a Cathe workout! I have been waiting so patiently for the slider/gliders to become available! Double wheee! Thanks once again Cathe & SNM for all you do for us!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.