Who Cares August

Murphy

Cathlete
HI all. Didn't see a new thread... Did X10 low impact today. Started with the hi/lo but the "girls" were not having it. I am still swollen. Oh well.

Waves to all.

Murphy

HI everyone! Is everyone getting in their workouts and just too busy to checkin? I did a 20.5 mile bike ride with my neighbor Monday we had such a nice time we are going again Thursday! It was sooooo HOT though, Thursday looks like it will be at least 15 degrees cooler so planning a longer one. I started a headache Monday afternoon, kept on into Tues night and morning, finally took migraine medicine Tues morning and laid in a dark room! I think it's because I went off the hormones (and hopefully I see a little movement in the scale). Today I did XT Bi/Tri. Hi Murphy, good to see you, take care of those girls! lol I'm so used to no impact not sure I'll ever go back. My ankle is feeling better! side to side movement feels better and I can finally wear supportive flip flops instead of always tennis shoes! Such a big step for me! the heal raises still make my outside bottom hurt (right where this whole thing started) so being careful with that PT exercise and up hills which causes it. So still not pushing walking the dog, letting DH do it! Maybe in another 6-8 weeks I'll be doing walking a bit, especially after being sore/tired from the bike. I read an article that using lower pedal power and more speed ups your cardio so I did that monday during a stretch back up the big hill home. Turned the pedal assist to 2 and spun my legs yet still got somewhere! Gotta run, massgae today. My neck is doing great too! I'm learning! The pillow helped the most, then not as my raising of my arms over my head (too much triggered shoulder blade pain), less weight (which I had been doing) but the key was less reps and not doing the whole UB in one workout, breaking it up into 2. It's a compromise, but I've learned it's OK! I still get a shoulder blade knot if cold air blows on or near it, so I've learned I just have to cover up that part (like in car, bed, couch). YOu can't imagine how happy all these discoveries are making me! I gotta go grocery shopping today, no food in the house, why do I dread it so?

Hi everyone

I'm back. Been a bit busy since we got back ... DH went into hospital on Monday for a routine operation but it's a slow recovery and I'm being kept busy! Also DD has come down with a cold as well, so I'm nursing her also. (I'm not a natural member of the caring professions!)
Holiday was great, very relaxing. Our apartment was very nice with a nice pool and bar to hang out in. Even managed to speak a bit of Spanish.
Got a couple of workouts in since I've been back, XT BT today and TTM Low impact premix yesterday.

Lisa - you really are working all this out now, it's great. So good to find stuff that works for you.

Murphy - well done for keeping up the workouts!

HI all! Sorry to be missing, busy trying to get the kids ready to go, they leave in 2 weeks. I might not be around much until it's all over. Ronne, hope DH is ok! Glad you had fun! Lisa, so glad you are on the downhill of all this! Murphy, that sounds painful. Did they say how long they will be sore? Hi Roxie. I have been working out. Have a good day! Mary

Hello

Mary - Wow, that's soon! It's going to seem very quiet ...

TBTL done. Feeling like I might be coming down with something so no workouts planned for the weekend.

Hi everyone! I haven't even lurked much lately, but saw some buzz about new Cathe workouts, woo! I'll pre order, even though I'm on an eternal modification. I'm off to do a KCM for now! I'm pretty much jealous of everyone who is traveling, biking outside and successfully launching their children and nestled in happy relationships but I love yall anyway! : )

HI all. Did not want to get up at all this morning. Went to bed late. Did some ball ab work, 20 minutes.

Ronne - glad you are back and had fun. I hope all of you feel better soon and are up and about soon.
Mary - "the girls' are just swollen. The pain is random but nothing serious. I expect to not be my "real" size for about a year. It took over a year and 1/2 for the one side to go back to its normal size after the lumpectomy. I am hoping for a little less time this go around.
Jody - love you too! ;-) I plan to pre-order even though I too am on eternal modification.
Lisa - glad things are working for you.
Roxie - waves!

Murphy

HI girls! Today did another YouTube video, Fit body by Julia, she has a lot to pick from, and she is challenging, at least for me! Jody! How's work? How are your kids? Where did you decide on vacation? How is the love life? Murphy, isn't it funny when you have to get up you have to pry yourself out of bed and when you can sleep the day away you are up with the birds? Lisa, how are you? Having fun with your friend? Ronne, I hope you don't get sick! A cold in the summer always feels more miserable! Hi Roxie. Not much here today, just hanging! Mary

Hi all, it's been busy with just busy-ness. Let's see, thursday went for bike ride with my neighbor, we drove the bikes to a route I've been wanting to ride. We got halfway thru 17.5 miles (and the furthest distance from where the car was parked) and I got a major flat tire! We had liners put in the tires so we wouldn't get flats, Wth? We had been stopped along the road (in a neighborhood) and then just as I started across I heard a horrible sound, then thunk, thunk, thunk. The tire was instantly flat! Had to call DH to get us, he had to drive to where the car was parked to get the car with the bike rack, come get us, then drive back to the car, then home. What an ordeal! Called bike shop, took it in, turns out the tube looks like that when the manufacturer opened the box of tubes with a box cutter that they lightly sliced a 3 inch area and with just the right pressure in just the right spot it blew out 3/4" of it. So they replaced the tire free of charge with a thicker tire, and tour de france slime, and the tire liner, so hopefully no more flats, at least in that one! Friday rode with DH 23 miles. Lost power in his bike, seems like loose connection, then a weird thunking sound is happening again that they supposedly fixed. Haven't had these issues with mine. Now I know why I always liked to depend on my feet with walking! Today DH and I did 25 miles. It's been cool these last 3 days so taking advantage of it (70's yea!).

Ronne, holiday sounds like it was nice! Men are the hardest to take care of, hope you didn't get sick!
Jody, good to hear from you, I think we are all on eternal modification and if someone says they aren't, well......either they're blessed or fibbing
Mary, are the twins excited? how's mom doing?
Murphy, hang in there! sleep is good for the old body, maybe it needed rest? Especially when my body has been healing I noticed I slept more. Give it the rest it deserves!

ETA: 15 mile ride sunday

Last edited:
Hi everyone

Jody - good to see you! Hope you're enjoying the summer.

Murphy - hope the recovery speeds up for you.

Mary - I had a look at her the other day, I thought I might give her a go when I'm feeling strong!

Lisa - it's such a pain when things break down! You're right I think we're all modifying. I find myself taking extra breaks in cardio these days.

I had mega DOMS from lower body on Friday. Could barely move on Saturday. Not had DOMS like for a long time. I seem to have avoided the cold at least. Xtrain CBS today, (skipped a few push ups!).
Going to see Jason Bourne at the cinema tonight. Love Matt Damon!

18 mile ride today. DH wasn't going to go (conf calls) but he finished all his calls right as I was getting ready to go so he joined us! We really are enjoying riding together and I'm so happy DH is getting regular exercise.

Ronne, I'm filling out a AAA membership now, next time I'll at least have someone to come pick me up. They just added bicycles to their coverage. I guess Europe is a bit more advanced in using bikes as alternative to cars, but we're getting there! I still do not like roads! A cyclist was killed in Boulder that was participating in an ironman event. I can only imagine what DOMs I'll have if I ever get to do a LB w/o again. Foot bothering me a bit today so I'm being careful! Oh, I mostly skip pushups, love that modification! lol

Hi everyone

Lisa - Actually I don't think we're much better. We have a lot bikes here but not in all parts of the country. And people do get killed and injured as well.

Just a quiet yoga today. DH's problem may have reoccurred despite the operation so I'm trying to cheer him up. He's going to the doctor on Thursday to find out more.

Hi girls! Ronne, prayers for DH. I hope all will be well. Lisa, how fun for you and DH! I wish I could do all that mine does, I could never keep up with him! I did barre today. Twins birthday, 18. I just don't know how!! Good day to all! Mary

I did a boxing workout today that's on a new fitness tracker I got. It was fun and hard! Maybe it was hard because I picked the semi pro level :) they have a champion level, I'll have to try it. Then I did MM tri and icy core 1. This fitness tracker is called MOOV, I got it more for a cadence tracker on the bike (works on indoor bike too). The boxing is so fun, I'll be doing that again, hoping it didn't aggravate my neck! Ronne, maybe pole dancing to cheer him up and workout for you too. Seriously though, I hope the drs can help him. Mary, your DH has to stay in shape for his job! I love that my DH has always stayed behind me making sure I'm ok when we used to ski and now bike. He was an excellent skier and can easily bike faster than me, but he doesn't. I must admit I'm getting better and a bit faster at cycling. I know I have to go slower with my neighbor. And yes time flies! Happy birthday to the twins!

Good Morning,

Sorry for being mia a lot of crap is going on at work that has me stressed out and not sleeping well plus still desling with a three month bout of vertigo. I did KCM Muscle Definition 2 yesterday and Stepboxing 2 this morning which I didn't enjoy. Another heat advisory is in effect today yay.

Lisa-how did the hormone appointment go?

Hello

Mary - thank you! Wow, 18! Does that make you feel old?!

Lisa - it's nice that you get to exercise with your DH. Has the weather cooled down a bit?

Roxie - sorry to hear about your work hassles.

X10 FBC done. DH is doing OK, not too down in the dumps.
Anyone watching the Olympics? Loving it. We watched the gymnastics last night. Simone Biles is amazing!

A semi rest day today, just a short walk with Suki and MM bi. Ronne, we have some cooler days however last couple have been hot. We watch some of the olympics, just whatever happens to be on. We saw the women's cycling and saw the crash, it looked so bad! Some gymnastics and swimming. Roxie, the appt didn't go too well, the NP pissed me off. said it was my nutrition. whatever. I stopped the hormones for 2 + weeks now. I'm sleeping ok, just some headaches as my body gets used to it (had same thing when I went on). I'll be happy not to be on them. I have headache today, heat, hormone adjustment, both, just feel crappy! Hope work issues straighten out! Ooooh, and the vertigo too!

Hi everyone

Lisa - are you going to preorder the new series? I'm thinking about it. I thought I might add in the ICE series. You all seem to use it so much.

4DS Bis & Tris plus Ab Circuits Stab Ball Abs for me today.
Went out for a nice meal with BF last night. Good to catch up with her.

Cheers! A 18 mile ride today. I had to push myself to get out, body feeling tired. That headache wore me out yesterday, then add in DOMs from the boxing (lats and shoulder blade area--my weak spot), resorted to cannabis cream. This one has no THC, trying to muster up courage to checkout the shops and get something more potent with THC as a couple of friends are swearing by them. DOMs in bi and tri's too. That's what happens when you don't lift but maybe once a week. Ronne, I'm actually probably not preordering for the first time in a decade. I don't feel I've gotten as much use out of ICE as I normally would have with all my limitations these days. I do have to say the ICE MM are good. I just can't really use any of the cardio ones anymore and honestly I think I get better cardio on the bike (and get out at the same time). I'm learning to keep the gear lighter and cadence higher.

Hi All!
Lisa your bike rides sound fun. I'm looking at some ski resorts that have trail rides in the summer, is that a thing you can do in your area? Good luck w/ your pain cream.
Ronne, I hope things resolve w/ hubs. I've got a slew of check ups to catch up on and each thing has something pop up, iykwim.
Roxie, I don't like hardly any boxing and KCM does a lot. Sorry about work.
Mary, big milestones for your kiddos. How is the little one going to handle the empty house? I never did travel in Aug but I did paint my bathroom. Oh well. I've watched just a little bit of olympics, mostly while in patients rooms, except some tennis the other night.
Murphy, Good job getting workout done when motivation to get out of bed is low. I feel ya.

Let's see here is my fitness news, my fitbit charge hr broke (plastic clip like yours did Lisa) and they sent me a new one which also no longer works due to wont pick up my hr etc so I've got to call them again for a new replacement. I am pre ordering Cathe. Someday I'd like to go through each of her series and come up w/ premixes and combos that I'd like to work into a well rounded rotation but still be less than 40 min. I joined several meetups and found some local hiking buddies, plus I'm interested in geocache. Work is ok, still on nights but decent schedule for next few months. Kids ok, baby gator headed back to Gainesville next week. She's been raising some fish crows for the wildlife center; so, bird poo is a thing! Also, prob go see new star trek before it leaves theater. xoxo Chris Pine is such a cutie.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.