Where I've been the past couple days....

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
I don't know if anyone noticed :)P) that I haven't been around the past few days but just incase you have...here's why...

DS was sick with a stomach virus from saturday morning thru sunday evening. Monday (Christmas) morning when he woke up it appeared he was getting better so we went about our business and were opening gifts. About 2 hours after he got up (around 9am) he had a seizure. In the living room...in the middle of playing...out of no where!!! We called 911 ofcourse and have been in the hospital ever since. Just got released and came home this morning. He had 2 additional seizures that day. They ran a battery of tests and found no evidence in his brain as to why this would have happened. They also found no infection that would have caused it. Apparently 3-5% of infants/young toddlers have seizures for "unknown" reasons and are perfectly fine the rest of the thier lives. It is believed that Joey falls into this category BUT because he had THREE, they have to put him on seizure meds for a minimum of 6 months but most likely a year. He is upstair sleeping peacefully right now. As you can well imagine, good sleep at the hospital was hard to come by. DH and myself are tired too as we (ofcourse), spent the entire time there with only one brief run home for each of us on separate days to get things we needed.

Please pray that our little guy will have no further seizure activity. I am so happy that they found nothing "wrong" with him but knowing that he may have a seizure again scares the you know what out of us. The med he is on is the weakest/lowest dose possible. The dr is starting him here and hoping he will NOT have to "climb the ladder" so to speak. Please pray that he doesn't have to.

Thank you.

Wendy, Sal and baby Joey

Oh my gosh Wendy, how scary for you!! My good thoughts to you and yours....

Sparrow

My garden is filled with papayas and mangos
My life is a mixture of reggaes and tangos
Taste for the good life, I can live it no other way
- Jimmy Buffett

Wendy,

I am sorry you all had to go through that. I will be thinking of your family and praying that your DS won't have any more seizures. Take care.

Hugs for Wendy, Hugs for Sal, Hugs for Joey...

Hugs for the family...

Hugs for the docs, paramedics, and medical/hospital staff working on Christmas

Hugs again (this time the squishy kind) for Joey, Wendy, and Sal!!!!

Okay now we need updates at least once a week because I will be thinking of you ALL THE TIME!!!

Oh my gosh, Wendy.....I am glad Joey is ok. Take care of yourselves and I will be praying for your family!!!

Please post updates!
-Barb:)

Wendy,

I am so sorry Baby Joey had to go through this. You , Sal, and Baby Joey will be in our prayers. I pray that he does not have any more seizures.

Oh wow Wendy!! I'm so sorry you, Joey and Sal have to go through this! How scary!! Joey is definitely in my prayers and thoughts. As are you and Sal. I hope you all get some sleep and that Joey never ever ever has another seizure! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

{{{{{WENDY}}}}}

I had missed you, but just figured you were busy with the holidays. How frightening for all of you. Joey, Sal and you will be foremost in my prayers. Please keep us posted. Lots of hugs and love to you all.

Like Robin, I also assumed you were busy with holiday stuff. I'm so sorry you had to go through this, and I'm sending lots of good health vibes to little Joey. Wasn't there someone else on the boards who went through this recently? My "senior" brain can't remember who it was, but it sounds very familiar.

Hugs to you, DH and Joey.
Nancy

Wendy, you are all in my prayers. Please give that precious boy a hug from me and know I'm hoping and praying for no more seizures! You and dad remember to take care of yourselves too!
Brandi

Wendy- OMG ...what a frightening experience for you! And on Christmas of all days too! Huge {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} to you and your little Joey. Everyone on these boards and especially at the cheetah check-in, thinks the world of you.... you are so special and it breaks my heart that you've been going through this.
It is very encouraging that they found no underlying disorder. I have dealt with patients who tell me that they had seizures when they were quite young and they never reappeared. It sounds promising that this may well be the case with Joey. Hang in there honey.....

with much love

ShellyC

Wendy- I am glad that Joey is doing okay now! I am sorry that you didn't have a merry Christmas! It's a good thing, though, that they didn't find anything organically wrong with him! Many prayers for you, though!

OMG!

You all will certainly be on my prayer list. If they can't find anything, then things will be OK. Please try to live as normal as possible, and have a very possitive attitude. Things will be just fine.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

Sometimes a seizure can be caused by an electrolyte imbalance and you say that Joey was suffering with a stomach virus the few days before the seizure. Was he having vomiting and diarrhea? I'm sure the doctors' checked this out but it's just a thought. Something similar happened to one of my daughters a few years ago after an illness. Same scenario....seizure....911....hospitalization, etc. To date, thank goodness, no signs of seizure activity.

I wish you well!!!!

Nancy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.