Where did everyone go to college?

School of Experience....
Went to a year at Junior College got a job offer I couldnt refuse and was able to make it in corporate america and retire at 43... no regrets... a different time then.... degrees werent required to hold high positions.

>Be Jew ;-) (that is, B.U. or Boston University)
>-Nancy

Nancy!! What years were you there?

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

Undergraduate: Mankato State University (now "University of Minnesota at Mankato")
Graduate: University of Wisconsin-Madison

Class of 91 for my undergrad and then 94 for my masters. :)

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

Wendy,

I didn't even start college until I was 40. Never say never :)

I received my BSBA for Florida Southern College, Lakeland, FL
I received my MA in Psychology from Troy University, Winter Park Florida extension.

Shut up!! I went to Mankato State University too!! That was back in 1994-1995. I didn't graduate, well, maybe in drinking. LOL! Now I'm looking into online colleges to become a paralegal. Since I work out of the home and have a lot of down time I will be able to do lots of studying during the day.

Kathy

University of Wisconsin Madison. Madison is such an awesome city, everyone I know who moves here never wants to leave.

Upstate Medical Center, College of Health Related Professions class of '83 and '85.

Deanie when were you at Syracuse- we may have been neighbors.

When I read Alcie Seabold's book Lucky about her rape on the SU campus it gave me chills. She wrote about all the places we frequented. However, I NEVER went out alone at night. Even working at Crouse Irving Hospital, My then SO (now DH, same great guy) would walk me home form my shift ending at 11:00pm.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Purdue University - got my BS in Materials Engineering back in '01. DH is also a Purdue grad - BS Electrical Engineering. Yeah, we're a couple of nerds. :p But we LOVE Purdue! The campus is beautiful, and they provide a great education (especially if you're thinking of pursuing a technical degree like engineering). :)

Go Boilers!!!

Washington College for undergrad--I loved this place, it's one of the oldest colleges in the country in a beautiful little town on the Chesapeake Bay in MD. The only college named after GW that actually had his permission, not to mention he sat on its board of governors.

William & Mary for grad--not as good as WC IMO but a great area for someone getting an MA in early American history. And yes, I did work at Yorktown in costume for a year or two. :+

OK enough bragging--if you know what you want to do when you finish school, you pick your college by it's professors' expertise. For example, if I wanted to pursue my PhD in political science I'd go to UMD or Rutgers.

If you're not sure what you want to do, I guess the field is wide open for you...........

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.