When it rains, it pours!

Kathryn-Happy Belated 50th Birthday!

Sorry to hear about your kitty.

Hope today is a better day. Do you have a lot of shoveling to do or was it mostly rain?

Joanne

((((Kathryn)))) I sincerely hope that today is a better day for you and that your proverbial 'glass' is feeling much more full:) I am so sorry that you had to say goodbye to Mandy, such a selfless act of love and mercy. It's obvious that you cared for her, your love for your kitties shines through, try to let the guilt go. You show oceans of compassion for others who have suffered loss, you deserve the same.

Belated Happy Birthday Kathryn, what a milestone, you have waltzed into your 50's fit and healthy, successful in your career and strong in your convictions. You have much to feel proud of and are respected on this forum of 10 000 plus (and we only know you in 2 dimensions!!). I have been coming here for years and from the get go, you have been one of the members who gives this wonderful forum it's unique character not to mention your generosity with information and thought provoking suggestions. I wish you much health and happiness and look forward to hearing about your better days.

Take Care
Laurie:)

Happy Birthday Kathryn!!

Kathryn!!!! 50?!?! I doff my cap to you. You are remarkable. How did you celebrate your big day?

I'm very, very sorry about your cat. Laurie expressed it all so eloquently, can I just say that I echo her sentiments.

Ugh. The conference sounds awful. But you lived through it to tell the tale! Good on you!

Sandra

RE: Happy Birthday Kathryn!!

Kathryn,

I'm so sorry about both of your kitties:-( It is always so devastating when we lose a pet.

And happy 50th birthday! How wonderful!

I, too, truly enjoy reading your posts. You bring so much to this forum and I very much appreciate you and your knowledge:)

Becky

Hi Mamie (gettingstrong),

OMG!!!I am so sorry what you went through. I wished I would read your post...had I read this last year...I would have answered and sent you my prayers. However, I have only been on VF since Nov. 06 Regardless, I am so very sorry for the year that you have had...when it rains it truly does poor and some of us seem to catch all of it. Know that you and yours are all in my prayers and I wish you the very best in coping with all of this. You must be an extremely strong individual, but it never hurts to have a little more support. It is als terrible for your ds and dd, in losing one of their close friends. When a child is lost...everyone is effected and takes a loss.

I know some of this is late...but the way I see it its better late then never. I wish you the best:) Hang in there!
I am sending you (((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))

I hope things start looking up.

Belinda

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!:+

I am so sorry about your loss, we had to say goodbye to our beloved Ralphie (a newfie/chow mix) and I understand how hard this is-heartbreaking.
Please know that there are people who understand and are with you in spirit!

Marnie...

Wow Marnie, you have had lots of "RAIN"! I am sorry about your past year! Wishing you a GREAT '07!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

So sorry to hear about your kitty! Pets are such perfect examples of unconditional love, and losing them is so hard.

I LOVE reading your posts, and hope you find your rainbow soon.
take care and happy birthday!
Mocha

Happy belated birthday Kathryn. I'm so sorry to hear that another dear friend passed. You must be devastated.

Kathryn--although we really don't "know" one another I wanted to wish you a happy birthday and send you a big hug for the loss of your fuzzy friends who have been so good to you. Your view of things is often very different from mine but I view that as a good thing--wouldn't the world be bland if we all agreed? If only I could send you a yummy vegan birthday treat! Happy Happy ;)

{{{{{Kathryn}}}}} My condolences on losing Mandy. I know what it's like to lose two beloved pets so close together.

Happy belated Birthday. Hope things look up for you.

(((Kathryn))) I'm so sorry you lost two of your kitties! I know it's tough, and I don't have any advice on getting over it-you will find a way to grieve and eventually remember all the happy times you shared with them. I'm also sorry about your bad workshop audience, your anti-climactic birthday, and your feeling that people here don't care about you. I do! You and I have so much in common-I feel like I know you personally! By the way, will you be going to any more foreign language conferences? I'll be in Atlanta this week and Kansas City next week. If you're planning to go too, it would be cool to meet and perhaps attempt to find a decent vegan meal. :9 :9 :9 Take care Kathryn.

Amy

Kathryn, oh my goodness! First, I am SO sorry about your dear kitty. How tragic, especially after just losing Scooter. I know you gave her a wonderful life & I'm very sorry for your loss. Next, I'm also sorry about your birthday but I had no idea. So please accept all of these heartfelt belated Happy Birthday wishes! I agree with others who have commented on your intelligent & informative posts. I have always enjoyed reading them too so I hope you will continue to post all of your helpful input & advice. Hope all of these responses will help you feel better.

Take Care & Happy Belated 50th!

Kel

Kathryn,
Happy belated birthday. I'm so sorry about Mandy. I'm right there in the same boat with you on that one. I had to make the heartbreaking decision to put my best friend to sleep on Friday as well. I hope you're feeling better.
Brandi

My condolescences of the loss of your companion, the disappointing workshop and the forgotten birthday. Sometimes we get discouraged when people don't behave the way we'd like and it's worse when we suffer the loss of a companion that gave unconditional love.

On the brighter side, I have benefited from your contributions on these forums and very much appreciate your input and expertise. I mostly lurk here and therefore don't think of fellow Catheites as "friends" per se, BUT, that doesn't mean I don't care (or anyone else for that matter). Through my lurking I believe the majority of the people on the Cathe forums care very much as evidenced by the outpouring of heartfelt sentiments to your post.

I'll echo what many have already said. Be kind and gentle to yourself at this time of loss and disappointment and in due time, celebrate the half-century mark. You are appreciated and a valued member of this cyber-community! Take care, Deb

(Hey Marnie,

Sounds like you've been drowning in the rain this past year ... so sorry to hear of all your losses ... hang in there ... the sun's got to come out eventually and chase the clouds away! Deb)

Kathryn: I don't know you well, but it is heartbreaking to lose a beloved pet. You probably feel like you let her down, but please don't feel guilty. She knows you cared.
My neighbors leave their 2 year old labradoodle in the backyard all day, to get snowed and sleeted on until they "remember her" and crate her in their garage.
Just to give you perspective.
Please, Mandy was well loved.

Just giving you a (hug).

Happy Belated 50th Birthday Kathryn,

So very sorry to hear of your recent losses.

I have been reading your posts for a few years now, though I don't often post myself. I have long appreciated your thoughts and viewpoints and also the fact that you take the time to share your knowledge with others.

It is understandable that the glass is looking half empty to you now, but here's hoping it gets filled up for you very soon.

Sincerely,

I'm always happy to see a Kathryn post! I look forward to them.

I'm sorry about your cats. I remember my MIL had to euthanize her dog and she felt guilty about doing it and at the same time felt guilty for not doing it sooner. It's sometimes a no win situation. I'm sure you did the right thing and will eventually come to terms with this. As another poster said, when you're ready I'm sure you can rescue another kittie in need of a home.

By the way how many cats do you have? I have three and I love them to pieces!

Happy belated birthday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.