When it rains, it pours!

What a rotten way to turn half a century. My sympathies and apologies. Best wishes on another healthy half a century.

Kathryn, I'm so sorry about your 2 cats.

I also did not know it was your birthday, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Kathryn,

I had no idea it was your birthday!! Happy Happy birthday!!! I always find your posts knowledgeable(I'm sure I spelled that wrong!!) and informative! I hope you have a great 50th birthday!!! On a sadder note, I am very sorry about your cats (((((hugs)))))

Deanie

Kathryn,

Happy 50th Birthday!! I hope you find yourself in a more celebratory mood tonight and go do something fun--like fill up that empty glass.

As others have mentioned, I find your posts most informative, well thought out, and helpful, and I thank you for sharing your knowledge and insights with us.

(((((((((Hugs))))))))) to you on the loss of your cats.

Sending good vibes your way. Again, Happy Birthday!

MissL

Kathryn,

I am so sorry for your loss of Mandy.. I know your cats were your "babies".

I am sorry for how your workshop turned out, but at least it is over now.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

I know you don't feel like celebrating right now, but I hope things start to look up for you soon!!!!

Take care of yourself. ((((HUGS))))

Hi Kathryn,

I'm another who's more of a lurker than a poster, and I also had no idea it was your birthday. I am so sad for you about the loss of your beloved pet. I had a similar experience recently, right down to not having taken the cat to the vet sooner, and I can empathize with how you are feeling right now. Time is the only thing that can heal you now, not that that helps, but be patient as the healing process takes place.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} and best wishes for a happy birthday!

Kathryn,

I am so sorry to hear about Mandy. I am sure Scooter and Mandy are together right now in a much happier place. I wish I could say Happy B-Day but I know its not happy.

Take care,
Sincerely,
Lisa

Kathryn,
I am so sorry for the loss of your pet. You are not feeling sorry for yourself, you're simply grieving, as is expected. You are always so helpful here and at the VF website. I wish you a happy birthday and I hope your broken heart feels better soon.
Lisa

No wonder you are so smart!!!! 50 years of knowledge!!! Happy Birthday and go get yourself some good organic 70% chocolate. I'm so sorry about your kitties but have a feeling there will be a furry one in your future. I appreciate your insights and willingness to share what you have in that pretty little head of yours. Give yourself a hug!!

Cheryl

{{{{{{Kathryn}}}}}}

I am sorry to hear about Mandy especially so soon after Scooter. I know how difficult it is to lose a pet and my heart goes out to you. Reading your past "pet" posts, I can see that you are very loving and caring toward your cats so please try not to feel guilty.

I wish you a very happy 50th!!!

11.gif

JJ

P.S. Special thanks to you for getting me hooked on Ezekiel bread. I love it! Just another example of how your informative posts have helped me and I'm sure many others too :)

Boy Kathryn, what a rotten time you have been having. So sorry to hear about another one of your cats. How sad is that. I feel for you. And sorry also to hear about the workshop not going well. How annoying.

I want to say though, to have a Happy Birthday. I am sure if we knew about it, it definately would have been posted way before you woke up this morning. You seem like a great person with a lot of knowledge that you are willing to share. Hang in there. {{{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}}

Lea

Aw Kathryn... I'm sorry about Mandy, coming so soon after Scooter. Don't feel bad about being in a "glass half empty mood"... we are all there at some time or another.

I haven't been posting very much on the Open Discussion forum lately due to time constraints... am only able manage the Daily Check-in most of the time so I didn't know it was your birthday and a milestone at that! Happy Birthday! and many more. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}} Hang in there, things will get better.:)

Kathyrn,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of another kitty.((Hugs)) Go light a candle for Mandy and a candle for Scooter; turn your lights down low and sit and meditate and let it all go. Then light another candle for yourself in celebration of your milestone Birthday and have nice glass of wine and just relax.

I know all of us look forward to your sage advice in these forums.

Tomorrow will be a better day.

Dianne

Happy 50th birthday Kathryn! I'm really very sorry about your cat and the tough time you had with your workshop. That stinks! As for the friendships made here being illusionary, well, I don't agree with you since I have made what I consider to be very real and dear friends. I hope that you realize the same is true for you! And, as far as feeling sorry for yourself and pissing and moaning :) , well, if you had not done that then I would not have even known that it was your birthday and would have missed the opportunity to wish you well. Anyway, here's wishing that you are in a "full glass" mood sooner, rather than later.:) :) :)

Hi Kathryn,

I'm really very sorry about your cat. (((hugs)))
Don't blame yourself. I can relate. I had a beloved Yorkie three years ago. She only lived seven years and then died due to cancer.

Happy 50th birthday!

Take good care,
Belinda

Kathryn,

Well, Happy Birthday for the big 50! This birthday usually comes with some deep thinking about life in general. I just had my 51 birthday two months ago. So, I know what it feels like.

I just have to say, I absolutely love your posts. You are so honest and sincere in your postings. Hey, you say exactly how you feel about things - that is the way it should be. I love how you are an English teacher! I sometimes chuckle to myself when I read certain posts that have spelling errors, etc. because I always think of you.

You are the kind of person people can feel comfortable with even though they have differing opinions. I do not ever feel judged by you. Even though I have never met you, I feel from your posts that I do know you.

You are kind and compassionate with your animals. I know you are taking your cats passing very hard. I, too, have three cats. I have one that is 19 years old that I am very attached to.

You have so much to offer - have a great birthday and I know that your glass will by full by tomorrow. We are all entitled to have a down day, especially with what you have been going through.

Cheryl

Happy Birthday!

Count me in as another who likes your informative posts here.

I'm sorry your workshop didn't go like you wanted, but I hope the other 2/3 of the people made it at least somewhat worthwhile.

I'm also so sorry for the loss of your cat. I had to take mine into the vet yesterday and while he's still healthy, he's starting to show his age a little bit.

((HUGS))

I can understand your feelings! Last year on my 40th birthday I had to take my nearly 18 y/o little dog and have him put down. Terrible way to spend a birthday.

I also can understand you being pissed that no one here or at vf noticed your birthday! A couple of years ago I was involved in a check-in at vf. My whole family was down and out with a rotten virus and I posted about it and no one replied anything to me. A few days later another member posted that she had been sick and EVERYONE in the ck-in sent their prayers, etc to her. I had been in that ck-in for like a year and this person had only been there a couple months. I got so hurt , I just left vf for about 6 mos. I still have not participated in any ck-in anywhere since then.

Unfortunately, I know about rain, too! Last June my fil died of emphysema. In August my next door neighbor that served as pall bearer at his funeral, died of lung cancer. In Oct. my mom's husband of 5 years died of lung cancer (she lost my dad to cancer 7 years ago). My dh's 1st cousin died about 4 weeks ago of liver cancer. My neighbor died yesterday of pancreatic cancer. And the WORST of all, a dear young man that was friends with my ds and dd; had spent many a night over at my house died in a car wreck last week. The car caught fire and they had to use dental records for identification. Three other youth were in the vehicle and all 4 died. We are beside ourselves with this one.

Here's hoping for a better year for you and me!;) :) Marnie

p.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D

Oh no Kathryn! I'm soooo sorry about your other kitty! And your birthday! I haven't been on the forums lately but if I had I would have wished you a happy birthday then. So happy belated birthday!!!!! I'm sure you'll have at least 50 more because you're so gosh darn healthy!!:) :)

Carolyn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.