What's your Occupation?

intensitylisa

Cathlete
:D I have noticed on the forums references to doctors and lawyers and was just curious as to what your occupations are. I work at a New York State psychiatric center in medical records. I do correspondence and monitor patient legal status. Great Job!

Hi, I'm an at home medical transcriptionist, but I also started out in medical records at a psychiatric facility. I really liked working in medical records. Our facility was a small clinic, so I did just about everything from filing to chart deficiency lists to correspondence. I really enjoyed it as there was a lot to do and time just flew by.

Paralegal; work on domestic violence crime investigation and case prep for prosecution; also moonlight as an aqua aerobics instructor. The two are so closely related . . .

A-Jock

I worked in medical records for awhile for a Home Health agency. I was only 18 at the time, so I just filed and learned OASIS, etc. Basic stuff. I now work in the Personnel Department (3 years!)for the same place and can't wait to be on my way. My last day is December 31st and on to San Diego for school I go :D The job isn't bad.......... just some people, if ya know what I mean?

Not sure what I'll be when I grow up.

Sara

:D Wow! It looks like a lot of you worked in medical records. I used to work in medical records in hospitals and the pay was terrible! I was fortunate to land this job for the state which has excellent benefits and the pay is terrific. I am actually a Health Information Management Technician 1 (which is second in charge to the Health Information Management Technician 2 (which will hopefully be me someday) A-Jock your profession sounds quite interesting! I am too sensitive to be in that line of work. I would get too involved and at one time considered going into the counseling profession.

I was a nurse many years ago then I got married, pregnant, moved to England and became a mom. I am now able to stay home with my kids after working for what seemed like forever - I love it :)

TO: Shywolf!

Do you still live in England? I have always wanted to visit! Do you like it there? Is living in England quite a bit different than America? You truly have the ultimate job, being able to stay home with the kids!

I am a stay at home mom who homeschools. I have 3 boys that keep me busy. I do have a degree in Biology and have also worked in the Psychiatric field before. I was a Psych. Tech. for a long time and was doing that up until I got canned when I was pregnant with my first child.(long story).

I enjoy staying home:7

I am an office manager in my own home for my parents company, we sell training materials to Stock Brockerage Firms, and Insurance Companies. I do everything but the selling. We sell to companies such as A.G. Edwards & Sons, Raymond James & Associates and Jefferson Pilot Securities, oh and Allianz for those of you from Minnesota, you may recognize their name.

Great thread. I am a Elementary School Social Worker. I am currently completing my Masters degree in education so I can add my teaching license to my social work license. I have two little boys, so I work part time. My husband teaches as well, so our summers are great family time!!

What a fun thread!

I'm blessed to be a stay-at-home mom right now and plan to do just this for the next few years. I've only got 4 1/2 years until my 8th grader (youngest) is up and out (oh my, I feel that lump in my throat coming! :-() and then I'll decide what to do when I grow up. :)

I am a lawyer by training and have worked in a huge firm, a small firm and a huge corporation, specializing for seven years in civil trial work and then for the remainder of my career in telecommunications corporate law. I've done volunteer legal counseling for organizations that support battered women and children's rights as well. Off and on over the past 10 years I've taken little "breaks" from lawyering to work as a corporate trainer, teaching communication skills and product/service marketing techniques. I was fortunate in that my corporate employer allowed these "breaks" and also allowed me to work from a "virtual" office at home for five years. That was very isolated, but an irreplaceable job for a working mom. But by far the best job of all is my current one, which is being mom to two teenage boys and one 6-year-old Bichon Frise, and wife to a wonderful Jersey boy, also a lawyer!

http://e4u.deltait.com.au/sport/sport23.gif Kathy S.

I worked for 18 years in a factory, Steelcase. It was miserable, good pay, but miserable. Then I went to a Premier Designs Jewelry show, signed up, and Jan. 14th of this year, I walked in and quit. I am the happiest I have ever been. I love it.
Lori S.

I am a newly licensed Marriage and Family therapist. For the past several years I have been working with children and teens as a drug, alcohol, and tobacco intervention counselor and as a substance use educator.

Hi!
I'm an RN in Labor and Delivery. I am also certified to teach pre and post-natal fitness classes but have not done so yet. Seems there is not much need...
Aquajock, your job sounds very interesting!!
Cathy

I work with the mentally and physically disabled, in the supportive living department ........ Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.