What's your go to low key Cathe dvd?

dawn9222

Cathlete
Ever have those days where you just need something low key, not Hiit not high impact and really intense? My body must be fighting something, I'm a little lethargic, but I know i need to move, I skipped around on the RWH lower body this morning, jumping was too much for me. I would have loved a really low key step or something like that? Does anyone have a go to when you are feeling like you are lacking energy, but need to move? Something that you don't have to think about too much? This is where having a treadmill or eliptical would be nice... :)

I know how you feel! I have days like that too. I like Low Impact step + total body sculpting (an older one for sure), or Low impact circuit, or Low Max. I guess it depends on what you want to do (cardio, toning or both) & how much time you want to spend working out. I always keep some easier ones in my library for this exact reason. If you like Michelle Dozois....her Bodyfit 360 are good for this too. You get up and get moving but you're not sweating your face off!

I also like Low Impact Step for a low-key workout, either the main workout or the lower body blast premix. Also the step from Cardio & Weights, or just the step from Step Jump & Pump. Those are my go-to workouts when I'm recovering from being sick.

Thanks for the question and thanks to those who made suggestions. I like the suggestions above and will keep a list for reference.

Today I wasn't feeling 100% (after doing STS Disk 28 last night - ohh DOMS talking to me!) and so I did Low Intensity Step from 4-Day Split. This is Premix 1 - just 37 min. It was super fun, perked me up and was really easy, cardio-wise. Cathe and crew only use 1 riser, stay low impact and only do 3 combos, so it's very doable. The music is cheerful and there is a nice stretch at the end. Definitely made me feel good without feeling 'spent'. :D

I usually go with any of the kickboxing workouts - whether the full thing or one of the timesaver pre-mixes. They're usually not too jumpy, and the fun and music factors make them get me engaged. My real go to when I'm super low energy is MMA: Kickbox - it's definitely the easiest of all of them, but I'm still getting a workout. After that I really like the premixes on Rockout Knockout!! And the timesaver kickbox on 4DS. Every time - I'm tired, I pop that one in knowing it is over in under 40 minutes and that is a great and super-fun workout!! (hmm - maybe that will be tonight's workout!)

Great suggestions! I have felt under the weather the last couple of days from either allergies from all the wind we've had, or finally caught my husbands cold. I pulled out Step Moves and it was perfect, not too intense, easy to modify and enough choreography to distract me from not feeling 100 percent. If I'm feeling blue I usually pull out Cardio and Weights, it is hard not to smile at the end with "Buttercup" though I think my husband would disagree:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.