Low Intensity Series

pixie9

Cathlete
Hello Ms Cathe! I would like to suggest a low/moderate intensity workout series. I think, at least for me, this would offer some intensity variety and would work also for those days when lower/moderate intensity fits the bill.

Can't wait for the new series btw!
Carolyn :)

I agree!

I just posted a thread that offers this suggestion. I could do intense Cathe in the 90's & early 2000's, but I just can't do it any more. I'm not ready for "Sit & be Fit"!

I like this suggestion for the purpose of varying the intensity of my workouts. I love Cathe's high intensity workouts and do them almost everyday, but once or twice weekly, I like to tone things down a bit and do a lower intensity, easier workout. On those days, I do one of my beginner or intermediate level workouts by other instructors. I would love to have some lower intensity workouts by Cathe for those days when I want a break from the high intensity workouts. Cathe does have a few lower intensity workouts that I do like MMA Kickbox, Rhythmic Step, Basic Step, Low Impact Step, and Step Moves, but I'd like more from her.

I just posted a thread that offers this suggestion. I could do intense Cathe in the 90's & early 2000's, but I just can't do it any more. I'm not ready for "Sit & be Fit"!

Ohmigosh, that is so funny! I laughed so hard when I read this and feel the same way. My back just can't take the higher impact, and I don't want to stop working out with Cathe 'cause then I will be ready for Sit and Be Fit :)It's bad enough that I have an AARP card this year :rolleyes:

ITA and 2nd this suggestion. It would be HUGELY beneficial to have some low-intensity options for days that maybe you're just recoverying from a cold, or had a tough day at work, or whatever the case may be. 1 hour long w/ premixes that are 20, 30, and 45 min approx would be AWESOME. Yoga, weights, step, and cardio.

Some awesome steady-state NON step cardio workouts would be fab for this.

Low Intensity--YESSSS!!

Considering I'm just coming off of a bad bout with a mean upper respiratory virus, this suggestion is coming at a time when I'm all for some kinder, gentler workouts. Not to forget that my body is fast approaching the end of the fifties and the sixties are glaring at me from the end of the tunnel. I love the Low Impact Series but there are some moves I don't believe this body will ever do again. The low impact series was actually born of an overwhelming fan response asking for it on these forums. So if we ask often and see a large number of folks requesting a low intensity series, we may see Cathe grant our wishes!

Low Impact Low Intensity Not-Quite-Ready-For-Silver Sneakers

Warning, old thread alert! I was coming on here to request the same thing and found this thread. I know the new Ice series is almost here but from the clips seen these workouts seem like they'd still be too intense for many of us. I'd love to see a Low Impact Low Intensity set of workouts, even a couple of workouts, such as an updated Low Impact Step and Total Body Sculpting as well as Basic Step and Body Fusion or similar for those of us that aren't quite ready for Silver Sneakers but for whatever reasons need to considerably dial back the intensity of our workouts. It's so difficult to find good workouts that are kinder and gentler on our bodies that aren't yoga, barre or stretch based and that aren't aimed at total beginners. Some of us aren't beginners to exercise but need beginner-type intensity. Perhaps your next filming could include a couple of low impact low intensity workouts as well as a couple of high impact high intensity ones to please the intensity junkies out there. Not sure if it would be logistically possible to offer two separate presale options.

Sadly, my body and my health care providers are telling me my high intensity days are over but I really hope that doesn't mean my days of working out with Cathe are over too.

Last edited:
Low Impact Low Intensity Not-Quite-Ready-For-Silver Sneakers

Warning, old thread alert! I was coming on here to request the same thing and found this thread. I know the new Ice series is almost here but from the clips seen these workouts seem like they'd still be too intense for many of us. I'd love to see a Low Impact Low Intensity set of workouts, even a couple of workouts, such as an updated Low Impact Step and Total Body Sculpting as well as Basic Step and Body Fusion or similar for those of us that aren't quite ready for Silver Sneakers but for whatever reasons need to considerably dial back the intensity of our workouts. It's so difficult to find good workouts that are kinder and gentler on our bodies that aren't yoga, barre or stretch based and that aren't aimed at total beginners. Some of us aren't beginners to exercise but need beginner-type intensity. Perhaps your next filming could include a couple of low impact low intensity workouts as well as a couple of high impact high intensity ones to please the intensity junkies out there. Not sure if it would be logistically possible to offer two separate presale options.

Sadly, my body and my health care providers are telling me my high intensity days are over but I really hope that doesn't mean my days of working out with Cathe are over too.

Excellent suggestion!!!!!'

I'd also love to see some non-step low impact low intensity workouts, as well as a low intensity cycle workout. I didn't even realise there's a term for workouts we're all looking for - LISS as in Low Intensity Steady State. Apparently throwing one of these into the mix every week is now considered beneficial for all you hardcore high intensity junkies out there. Who knew? So it's a win-win!

Just finished High Step Circuit - haven't done it in years, what a hidden gem! Perfect level of intensity for those of us that have to dial it down, as well as beginners. We haven't seen any new "beginner" level workouts from Cathe in a loooongg time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.