What One Food Makes You Wanna Open a Can of Whoop-Ass?

I'm really struggling with this myself right now. I'm gluten free and dairy free so don't have any problems passing up the cakes and cookies or even the ice cream or cheese but... natural peanut butter on rice cakes is my new weakness. I have about 4-6 of these each day. This is my breakfast lunch and too often dinner. Some mornings I'll have egg whites w/ spinach for breakfast but always feel the need to finish it off with a PB rice cake. This has been a weakness for about 6 months. Ugggh.. It leaves me feeling like there is a big wad of fat stuck in my digestive tract.

What leaves me feeling really good... is Red Bull a food? I love how this makes me feel... energized and ready to go. But I am now inspired to try the double espresso protein drink and see if I can't get by on that. Sounds much healthier.

Boingo...why DO we keep going back to the things that make us feel so horrid? I wonder the same thing. Every time I do it, I think "I'll never do it again!" 2 days later...
:(

Jonezie, There must be some deep psychological reason in the subconscious that makes us do this to ourselves. It's kind of a scary thing and I bet we'd need years of counseling to fix it! LOL!

Cheese, wonderful cheese

Cheese, cheese, and more cheese. Keep the cake, hand me the gouda, pass the brie, cut me a chuck of the aged cheddar....I've never found a cheese that I could leave alone. Parm right off the block. Polish it all down with a good chardonney. :D

foods

OK...I work at a school and am sitting 15 feet from a teacher's lounge that currently has two pink boxes filled with donuts (really really good donuts, too, ladies). Donuts are the one food that call to me, that I love so very much, but that me feel MISERABLE after eating them. How can something that tastes so good make me feel so bad immediately afterwards? I immediately feel my clothes getting tight and I just hate everyone around me (including myself) the rest of the day. UGH!

What one food makes you feel this way? I'm curious to know. And what food makes you feel GREAT? (For me, it's a pot of green tea and oatmeal).

Looking forward to hearing your foods!

:) Jonezie

What makes me feel horrible but it tastes so good: sugar, chocolate, rich foods. I am wondering if I am allergic to sugar?

What makes me feel great: grilled chicken salad, various nuts (almonds, walnuts and pecans) and yogurt, and grilled fish with ww rice and broccoli.

It's funny, things like donuts & such to me is like sin. If I think it's ok to have just a little, but it just makes you want more and more. I get more hungry and just want more afterward and feel so much worse. So I really try to avoid it. Hope that makes sense.
Autumn

Last edited:
Cookie dough, and more cookie dough, and then the cookies baked from it. Can't stop eating it and then feel like hell afterwards. What makes me feel good? Hmmm... maybe salmon, broccoli, and some brown rice. Too bad I eat that once a year, LOL.

Good brownies.

With nuts, or Reese's chip or double dark chocolate chips!!
Any one of those ingredients in the brownies and I'm done in. :eek:

Cookie dough, and more cookie dough, and then the cookies baked from it. Can't stop eating it and then feel like hell afterwards. What makes me feel good? Hmmm... maybe salmon, broccoli, and some brown rice. Too bad I eat that once a year, LOL.

Ann...I have done this, too! I love the cookie dough and then bake the cookies from what little dough I haven't devoured. And then eat them, too. With skim milk, of course. But haven't done this in a while. But cookie dough doesn't make me feel miserable and homicidal...that is a feeling reserved for donuts alone, I think.

Baked Lays. OK in theory, they are BAKED not fried and therefore better for you, but if I open a new bag I will eat 1/2 of it at once and so negate any "better for you" aspect. I usually feel very bloated afterwards as well. So, I have been limiting myself to only 1 small single-serve bag per week which I pick up at the deli in the grocery store.

Last week the kids were home and they like to snack so I bought a big bag of Baked Lays. The kids never even got one!:eek: Back to buying single-serve bags at the deli.......

I'm not that big of a dessert eater, but something about girlscout cookies, I can't stop eating them. One year I bought twelve boxes thinking they would last a year,( a box a month, maybe?) . I ate all twelve boxes in one week. I now steer clear of girlscouts. Linda

I'm not that big of a dessert eater, but something about girlscout cookies, I can't stop eating them. One year I bought twelve boxes thinking they would last a year,( a box a month, maybe?) . I ate all twelve boxes in one week. I now steer clear of girlscouts. Linda

Ugh, Linda...there must be 60 Girl Scouts at my school. Come cookie time, I'm usually hiding under my desk, hoping they won't hear me breathing and will eventually go away.

What kind of GS cookies do you succumb to?

Two words: ice cream.

I can live without cake and cookies, and my DH can eat a chocolate bar in front of me and get no reaction. I am actually sickened by the thought of cookie dough and brownies (no offense). But if there is ice cream in the house, I'm a goner, and I wake up the next day feeling like I have a hangover. :confused: I can easily scarf down a half gallon of ice cream and half a box of sugar cones without feeling full in the slightest!

Last edited:

They look so innocent too, but they're really just little bitty drug pushers.:p

I don't know why, but goldfish are a huge trigger food for me to have an eating bender. I can't keep them in the house. In fact, all kinds of crackers are really bad for me to have around. Cookies, cakes, breads etc are bad too!

I don't eat any of this kind of food, only once a year I can eat everything I see, cake, white chex mix.
My DD call me weird that's ok.
What it make me feel good is oatmeal,and egg whites after workout a good protein shake.

Hi Jonzie!!

Great to see you on here! Happy New Year!

My down fall is...CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone except blue cheese/rochfort (sp?)

I like gourmet cheeses the best - strong in flavor with a great texture!

Great to see you on here! Happy New Year!

My down fall is...CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone except blue cheese/rochfort (sp?)

I like gourmet cheeses the best - strong in flavor with a great texture!

Becky...right back at ya! I hope you're having a great new year. Have you ever tried one of those fondue restaurants? Cheese, cheese and more cheese.

:) Elizabeth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.