What is it with Walmart??

In a show of support for our Canadian neighbors, I am willing to stop at a pub for a Labatt's Blue on my way to this evening's Tragically Hip concert. :p

Target for everyone!!!! Booyah!

>I feel really bad. I offended Marie which I did not intend
>to do at all and now we're attacking Canadians. Soon there
>will be images of Sam Walton burning in effigy and Labatt's
>Blue beer bottle lobbed across the border.

Beavs, please don't feel bad. I'm sorry if I offended you in turn. Seriously, I just hate it when a thread that I think is just going to be lighthearted gets all military and political. I was expecting someone to post pictures of starving African babies carrying Walmart bags. :) (JOKE ALERT! JOKE ALERT!)

Anyway, I'm just in a bad mood and being pissy. I have a lingering sinus headache, an enormous work problem, an MIA boss who swoops in and out of my life at her leisure, and no motivation. I sometimes wonder why I did not just go to beauty school so that my work issues would never last longer than the time it takes to give someone a really, really bad perm. Which frankly would be fun at the moment.

Now, carry on with the Walmart bashing! I'll wear a fedora next time I shop there...

Have fun in Clifton Park :7 And if I recall, there is no Wal Mart there for you to cause trouble.

>Now, carry on with the Walmart bashing! I'll wear a fedora
>next time I shop there...

And you should also wear those glasses with the fake nose and mustache attached. :)

DOWN WITH WALMART!!! DOWN WITH WALMART!!!

Marie - I am with you on never being able to spend under $100! I'd love to know how a box of tampons and a carton of milk can ring up $200. ;)

On the Wal-mart bashing side though - I really can't stand Wal-Mart due to political/ethical/business reasons, but unfortunately it's all I have within a 40 minute radius - so I do use it for small purchases - toilet paper/paper towels/etc... (Still rings up over $100 though, go figure) If I had another option that wouldn't break the bank, I'd be there! As it is, I have to sneak in because I work for a company that is extreemly ANTI Wal-mart and forbid I be seen in there! I've already been lectured once for even mentioning the store! ;) For those of you who don't read the <--- post, here is a link to a jib jab about Wal-Mart that you might find amusing.

http://www.jibjab.com/jokebox/jokebox/jibjab/id/42819/jokeid/30964

Marie - if it would make you feel better, I'd let you give me a really bad perm.

And Gayle - there are actually GOOD Canadian beers. Why on earth would you drink a Blue?:

Enjoy the Hip tonight. Gord Downey's ramblings are always so entertaining. I love the Killer Whale Tank version of New Orleans is sinking.

Marie,
Perhaps you need to get a Pish Posh Pez dispenser from Walmart aka Death Mart to cheer you up. After all, no one is as cranky as she --you better get to the High Fashion thread if you don't know about this latest must have gadget of the season.

I didn't mean to get all political but I will share my views on Walmart in depth..privately in a non judgmental way for anyone bored enough to listen. And I would like to help you give your boss a bad perm in you'll let me. I'm thinking a nice burned out half orange look would be suitable.

And I may just sneak in Walmart to see you in the Fedora.

>Marie - if it would make you feel better, I'd let you give me
>a really bad perm.

Marie, if it would make you feel better, I'd pay you good money to give Shelley a really bad perm!!! :D

Love ya, Shells! *smoochies* ;)

>
>And Gayle - there are actually GOOD Canadian beers. Why on
>earth would you drink a Blue?:
>

LOL! Which ones are good that would available in NYS/New England?

Ya know, it's not just Walmart that does that to your grocery bill, so does Target! It's crazy! You go in for one thing, maybe even a couple of things, things that at your local grocery store would normally be much more expensive, and you walk out spending twice as much.
I prefer Target, and one just opened in my area. But before that it was much closer to do the Walmart thing. So, I guess if I can avoid Walmart I will. But the prices can be very attractive at times. Especially when one is money deficient every now and then.

Kathy

A.) Don't ruin Shelley's Lauren Bacall hair even if she is Canadian
B.) La Fin du Mond is a nice little beer made by Unibroue in Montreal

I'm with Beavs. My opinion is that Walmart is managed by sniveling weasels.

But that's just my opinion. If anyone else wants to shop there, I promise not to insult you.

Yes, Target has a money-sucking way about it. I also love K-Mart, which kept me on a budget until I discovered Martha Stewart's products. I don't have an opinion about her, but her name is on some quality products at good prices. (I sound like a commercial!)

Sometimes it's cheaper to go to Walgreen's. The prices aren't as good, but I don't leave with anything I don't need.

BTW, I love Canadians.

:)

Have a great day, everyone!

Annette Bethel

Everywhere I go, I spend money :) LOL, and ain't just under $10.00 either. Even at the grocery store with my $10.00 bill, my groceries came to $10.00 and change, so I had pull out the $1.00. Sooooo y'all are not alone.....

It is true you cannot go to any of them, Walmart, Target, Kmart or Sams club without spending more than you intend too. But the trick for Walmart is go early, use the self checkout line And never go on the Weekend or at the beginning of the month. Also don't buy the meat they but some sort of brine on it and it is GROSS!

I was in the Walmart in Myrtle BEach on vacation and they were having a staff meeting and they did the Walmart cheer. I never knew!!
:)

And for all of you who have a Super TArget I am soooo jealous!!!!:)

Jenn

I personally don't like Wal-Mart all that much, but living pretty much out in the middle of no-where, it's the only place that I can shop on a regular basis without spending a TON of money! I used to spend most of my pay-check at Target, but the closest one to me is 45 minutes away. I don't like some of their corporate policies when it comes to the military either, so I don't shop there unless I have to!

I totally understand about the whole spending tons of $$ when you only go for a couple of things! It's like things just jump off the shelves into your cart! Being someone who works nights, the easiest time for me to shop at WM is around 4am! That's after they stock the shelves and you don't have to dodge the boxes as well as being done scrubbing the floors so you don't have to keep watch for the stupid zamboni machines!

I really think people end up spending more at places like Walmart or Sam's because they buy more than they would if things were more expensive. They're tricking you with their low prices.;-)

Carolyn

I just came from a local grocery store where the brownie mix was $1.10 more per box than at Walmart! Even with the local store's "buy-one-get-one-free" promotion I did not really come ahead all that much even with my coupon and my 4 box purchase. My overall food bill is always lower at Walmart, so it's not a case of getting me in the door and spending more overall than I intended to. I use a shopping list and stick to it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.