What is it with Walmart??

red_mct

Cathlete
I don't even like that store. It's dirty, crowded, people are rude, and there's never enough cashiers. And yet.... every time I go there, I spend at least $200. EVERY TIME. It's like a money sucking hole in the ground.

Last night I went for cleaning stuff and pet supplies; the prices are seriously cheaper then my local market. I walked out with what I went for AND Designer Whey, fish oil capsules, and that stuff for joints; AND three different kinds of facial creams and cleansers plus some makeup (the prices are ridiculous!); AND John Frieda Brilliant Brunette hair supplies (that stuff is awesome); AND cute workout pants and a jacket (well, they were on sale); AND new socks and undies for everyone in my house; AND a dragon-emblazoned shirt for my dragon-obsessed 8 year old; AND a box of milk duds, which I proceeded to consume greedily, in full, on the way home.

Is it a mind control thing?

Marie

Girl, just be thankful you have one. The closest thing I have that even remotely resembles it is a Costco about 30 minutes away. If I want to go to a Walmart or a Target I have to drive 45 minutes minimum. x(

After doing a bit of research on Walmart it is safe to say I will never set foot in the store again (I believe the last time I visited was 1994). In lieu of starting any heated political discussions, if you're looking for a reason to skip Walmart there is plentiful information to convince you to do just that. Those cheaper prices are made up in other ways you probably haven't considered.

It's called "getting more bang for your buck." I'm very lucky that I live close to 5 Walmarts, 4 of which are Super Walmarts. I save lots of $$ since I started doing my grocery shopping there. I personally have no interest in trying to be disuaded from shopping there. If you don't like the place, simply stay away.

I'm with Beavs on this one. I hate everything Walmart stands for and will not step foot in one unless I absolutley MUST.

With that said... I have a similar money-sucking problem every time I go to Target. Last time I went to Target, I was just going to buy shampoo and conditioner, but I came home with new bedding, and 2 new workout outfits. It's like a black hole - my money cannot escape the gravitational forces of Target! :p

Peeps, PLEASE take your political agendas elsewhere. This was meant to be a fun and HUMOROUS thread.

Sheesh, this is why I rarely come to this board any more. People take themselves far too seriously.

Marie
You sounded a tad unhappy with Walmart so I threw it out there for consideration, after all I do have friends who shop at Walmart...and I still like them. ;-)
I hope you will continue to post and not take yourself too seriously. I also hope you will keep an open mind, participate in an occasional thoughtful discussion, and not view comments like mine as a personal attack. Believe it or not, I don't see any harm in engaging in a thoughtful, respectful discussion even when the participants disagree and I even believe there can room for dare I say...HUMOR. :7

And for those of you who might get a kick out of the Rev Billy and the Church of Stop Shopping
http://www.revbilly.com/
Apparently he makes appearances around NYC. I wonder if anyone on the boards from NYC area has seen him. I learned about him after reading the book "Not Buying It: My Year Without Shopping"

>Whoa. And ditto Beavs.
>
>I've rediscovered Kmart. It's clean, well-stocked and the
>people are kind of nice. Who knew?

I actually like Kmart too! Ours is NEVER crowded, so it's really nice and quiet in there. :)

Wal-mart hater here too! I buy everything at my local drug store and grocery store. I don't even buy my flowers there anymore. Even driving through the parking lot at wal-mart is stressful. It's not even worth it.

Barbara

I'm another who tries to avoid Walmart. That said, I did stop in one last weekend, because it was "on the way" and I didn't want to use up more gas to get to the Kmart on the other side of town. And Marie, like you, I ended up buying twice as much as I went in there for. However, given the choice, I go to Kmart.

My husband applied for a job at their headquarters and was amazed at how badly they treated employees at head office and how low moral was. It is no wonder they treat store employees as poorly as they do. I will pay extra to stay away from that store. I do realize that there are many who shop at Walmart because of the prices. I am grateful that I can afford to stay away from that store. My entire family lives in Canada and unfortuately for them Walmart is a mainstay. Canada needs a Target!!

Cheryl

>YES!!!! WE NEED TARGET!!! :)

Don't give those shifty Canadians anything.

Debbie

I'm not gaining weight. I'm retaining food.

I feel really bad. I offended Marie which I did not intend to do at all and now we're attacking Canadians. Soon there will be images of Sam Walton burning in effigy and Labatt's Blue beer bottle lobbed across the border.

>Soon there will be images of Sam Walton burning in effigy and Labatt's Blue beer bottle lobbed across the border.

LOL

Beth:)

>I feel really bad. I offended Marie which I did not intend
>to do at all and now we're attacking Canadians. Soon there
>will be images of Sam Walton burning in effigy and Labatt's
>Blue beer bottle lobbed across the border.

I attack shell bell b/c I puffy heart her. Sorry, shoulda included the ;) face in there.

I don't feel much one way or another about Walmart. If I dislike anything, it's crazy shoppers, but that's everywhere. There's my agenda. Crazy A people.

Debbie

I'm not gaining weight. I'm retaining food.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.