What IS Everyone Reading

Roxie 1965

Cathlete
I am currently reading John Grishams Innocent Man its his first attempt at nonfiction and its very boring, but it definetly makes you question our judicial system. I just checked out Barnes and Noble and John Sanfords new series looks like a good one never read on of his before has anyone else and what is your opinions of him? Need to get back to bed.

I really like John Sanford's "Prey" series. I just finished reading anything by Elizabeth Buchan that I could find. I really enjoyed Consider the Lily, Revenge of the Middle-aged Woman, and Wives Behaving Badly. Right now, I'm in the middle of Sue Grafton's latest.

I just finished "Mistress of the art of death" a historical fiction mystery in 10th century England. Very good mystery and the way it was solved was interesting; no fingerprints ,dna, etc. since none of that was arround in the 1100s;)

I'm now reading a Phryne Fisher mystery. 1920's Mystery. (I like historical fiction, can you guess:) ;))

I'm reading "Kushiel's Dart" Its upstairs now and I can't recall who the author is. I'm about 100 pages into it and so far, so good. I believe its a trilogy. But I've got another 600 pages to go before I get that far!

Nan

I'm reading The Good Earth by Pearl Buck for a book club I'm in.

It's funny b/c I had to read it my freshmen year of high school and I didn't really like it then, but now I really do! What a difference about 23 years makes! ;)

"Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal," by Christopher Moore. Hilarious...it tells about Chirst's life between the ages 13-33....which is left out of the gospels in the Bible, from the point of view of a best friend. The author did a ton of research about what was going on historically during this time, and kind of fits in what He was possiby doing. It is SO funny, in a thoughtful way. And, I get a lessons in history and religion as well!

Aimee

I just finished Married Lovers by Jackie Collins. Very good if you like smutty east to read love/murder stories.
I am on the waiting list at my library for the last Janet Evanovitch book. I think it is #14 in the Stephanie Plum series.
I am in easy read mode right now nothing too heavy for me.

I have read all of Janet's books and I own all of Sue Graftons books, I also have all of Patricia Cornwell's books. I think you can see where my taste runs.

Ever since I subscribed to Audible.fr, I don't read much fiction that much any more (except when doing book reviews).

Right now, I'm listening to "Sauve-moi" by Guillaume Musso.
It's part love story, part thriller, part supernatural.
Very intriguing, and well done by the two voices (most of these audiobooks have either a male or a female narrator, and some don't do voices of the opposite sex that well--though some are excellent. This one has both a male and a female narrator.)

I just finished Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and LOVED it!

I just started Barefoot (fiction) as well as Breaking Free from Emotional Eating (non-fiction, of course)!

I love these book threads, but then my to-read list just grows and grows and GROWS! :)

Gayle

I'm reading The Good Earth by Pearl Buck for a book club I'm in.

It's funny b/c I had to read it my freshmen year of high school and I didn't really like it then, but now I really do! What a difference about 23 years makes! ;)

Funny, Leanne, I had the same experience with The Good Earth. I read it years and years ago and didn't like it (probably didn't finish it) but then I recently read it with a couple friends and it was so much better than I remembered.

I have been reading The Stand by Stephen King for what seems like ages (reading it because of recommendations here, actually). I used to polish off books a lot more quickly before having kids. I'm also reading Intuitive Eating, You on a Diet, and Sunshine by Robin McKinley (vampire book). Oh, and I'm working on a book of crosswords, though that's not exactly reading (and it makes me feel a bit like my late granny).

I am a huge fantasy reader, any suggestions? I read The Book of Fate by Brad Meltzer, not fantasy, but I really enjoyed it. Right now I'm reading Eldest by Christopher Paolini in preparation for rading his newest Brisingr. It's all about dragons. I love these readings threads.
Ellen

I'm reading "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd...a fun, easy read. Kidd is sooo descriptive and very humorous. The movie comes out in a couple weeks. (Queen Latifah, Dakota Fanning, Jennifer Hudson & Alicia Keys) I also read "Nights in Rodanthe" last month by Nicholas Sparks. We saw the movie a couple weeks ago (Diane Lane & Richard Gere) A love-story of course!

I just finished Lisey's Story by Stephen King. I really enjoy when he has a woman as the main character and I thought this was a really good one.

I also read Freedom from Addiction by David Simon and Deepak Chopra. I really liked this book, but I am not free yet :)

A couple of weeks ago I finished You See It When You Believe It by Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I keep checking out Stitch n Bitch Nation and The Yarn Girls Guide to Beyond the Basics, but I guess these don't count LOL.

I am reading the "19th Wife"...its about Bringham Young and his rebel 19th wife, and all about the plural marriage stuff..including a story about a modern day boy trying to defend his mother who is in jail for killing her husband...she is one of 25 wives...its interesting, took me awhile to get into though. I used to live in SLC and alot of my friends are Mormon.

I'm currently reading Beyond Recognition by Ridley Pearson. It a long book ~ 480 pages but it's excellent. I was hooked from the first page.

I just started Oh My Stars by Lorna Landvik. It takes place in rural Kentucky during the Great Depression. My twin sister (Jean Louise) passed it on to me to read.

I just finished The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory.

Now I'm reading Don't Sweat The Small Stuff by Richard Carlson.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.