What IS Everyone Reading

I really want to read this when I get the time. Doris Kearns Goodwin spoke at a conference I attended last year and referred a lot to Lincoln's story in this book - the topic of the session was leadership. She was great.

Gayle, it's a great book, well worth the read! :)

I've always been a big reader - used to be anything I could get my hands on, now it's mostly thrilllers/murder mysteries. My current favorites are anything by Peter Robinson, Elizabeth George, Deborah Crombie, Carol O'Connell, and Alex Kava.

Sharon

Roxie I'm reading the same thing! Having spent the last 4 years in law school I am more shocked at all the rules the attorneys broke than anything... ;)

Just finished Parenting with Love and Logic by Foster Cline & Jim Fay.
Good information for parents. Some info I can use now with my 1 yr old DS and 4 yr old DD, while other info is geared towards older kids. Overall it was useful & insightful. I would recommend it.

I'm a public library geek and also love Sparks' books ... want to see Nights in Rodanthe in the theater, but have been trying to locate a copy of the book to re-read. :D

Anyone recommend authors similar in style to James Patterson and Patricia Cornwell? They're usually my go-to authors for mysteries and good fiction, but I've read everything they have out. Help! :) I would appreciate suggestions on other *new* mystery authors to check out.

Doh. Nevermind about the recommendations for a good mystery novel ... I just noticed the other thread for this specific question.

:eek::D:)

I just finished The Shack. I don't generally have much time to read so I haven't picked up anything else yet to read. Sticking with my Bible for now.

I am getting into the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child. They are about this ex-Army MP. Murder-mystery type stuff. VERY good!! Oh, and although I am embarassed to admit this, my favorite books? The Harry Potter series!!

I love audio books (we subscribe to Audible.com). The last book I listened to was "Racing in the Rain" which is a book told through the eyes of a dog. It was so heartwarming and funny, and I just loved it. It really made me wonder what kind of stories my dog could tell about me, lol.

Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.