What gives you the best arms?

Zozo

Cathlete
I have recently completed Asylum, and LOVED it. I loved the results, and the workouts. However, I was concerned that I'd lost some strength, so I have recently been doing more weights. I have not done asylum or insanity for three weeks, but have been doing a lot of cardio. Anyway, my strength has come back...but my arms are really bulky :( Not defined, just bulky. I don't think I'm fatter...because my abs are still (just!) visible, which was my favourite Asylum result. Anyway, I was wondering what rotation/workouts give you the best looking arms?

Do you have STS? That's given me BY FAR the best arm definition I've ever had. You've got to be doing the resistance training for definition. Cardio alone won't do it.

Y'all are getting me super excited to start STS next month :eek: I love me some definition in my arms and got the muscles popping w/ the rotation of Supreme 90 I just finished. I'm looking forward to getting more cut and defined w/ STS.

Zozo, I agree w/ the girls, you've gotta lift as heavy as you can to see those muscles get that nice lean, defined look :)

STS. Hands down ;)

DixieGirl: did you do S90 as written, or make up your own rotation?

Last edited:
STS. Hands down ;)

DixieGirl: did you do S90 as written, or make up your own rotation?

Kiki,

I followed the calendar but left one w/o out. I didn't do Ultimate Ball (just did cardio on those days)...all the planks hurt my wrists doing them over and over on the ball. Other than that, I followed it as it was designed. I wasn't crazy about Total Body either but still did it. It was a great program and the $20 price tag made it even better ;)

Tracy

Yet another vote for STS...I've almost completed the 6 month rotation for the fourth time, and I caught a reflection of myself in a tank top at our local Y this afternoon helping my 4 year in the bathroom, and I seriously had to do a double take. My arms looked amazing, even in that horrible flourescent lighting, and I have a hard time complimenting myself for anything! Give it a go - I don't think you will be disappointed.

Karen

Kiki,

I followed the calendar but left one w/o out. I didn't do Ultimate Ball (just did cardio on those days)...all the planks hurt my wrists doing them over and over on the ball. Other than that, I followed it as it was designed. I wasn't crazy about Total Body either but still did it. It was a great program and the $20 price tag made it even better ;)

Tracy

I've had it a while, but have only done a couple of w/o's from it so far. I was in the middle of an STS rotation when I bought it, and planned on doing it in between rotations, but haven't brought myself to wanna put aside all of my other w/o's. So many dvd's and so little time before I start back STS ;)

kikster said:
I've had it a while, but have only done a couple of w/o's from it so far. I was in the middle of an STS rotation when I bought it, and planned on doing it in between rotations, but haven't brought myself to wanna put aside all of my other w/o's. So many dvd's and so little time before I start back STS ;)

Kiki:; I will do S90 with you in a couple months if you want. Gotta finish STS and give my BODYROCK rotation idea a try first tho. Let me know if you are interested. If not, its totally cool. No worries. :)

Fit_mommy said:
Kiki:; I will do S90 with you in a couple months if you want. Gotta finish STS and give my BODYROCK rotation idea a try first tho. Let me know if you are interested. If not, its totally cool. No worries. :)

Sounds good to me! Especially since you took part in enabling me to to get it :p ! Now, how long is the BR rotation gonna be, & what's it all about? (as if I need to get another rotation idea spinning in this head right now :rolleyes: )

To the OP: I still stand firm on STS for getting those arms right. Don't let all our other talk sway you from what's really going on, go hit 'em HARD and heavy, you should firm right back up ;) Trust me, I know shapeless arms (they're undeniably genetic for me :rolleyes: )

Sounds good to me! Especially since you took part in enabling me to to get it :p ! Now, how long is the BR rotation gonna be, & what's it all about? (as if I need to get another rotation idea spinning in this head right now :rolleyes: )

Well BR will start after STS and my final active recovery are done which should be on or around July 17th. I figured I would do a BR rotation atleast until we leave for vacation which is August 19th and we will be gone for a week. If I could take one week after we get back to "regroup" maybe we could begin S90 during the first full week of September? How does that sound? :)

As for my BR rotation, the details are not worked out but my thought was to do a BR work out/exercise challenge every day, supplementing with my dvds as I see fit. Figured I would pick a day in the BR repatoire to start with and follow along in order.

Last edited:
If it's inside, I would vote for STS, with Pyramid Upper a close second. Outside, hands down, its mountainbiking in the summer and xc skiing in the winter.

Thanks for all the responses. I DO have STS....I have done it three times, and did see amazing results...but more in my strength than my definition exactly...although for the first time I DO have biceps ;) Which meso in particular do you find was best for the definition?

Thanks for all the responses. I DO have STS....I have done it three times, and did see amazing results...but more in my strength than my definition exactly...although for the first time I DO have biceps ;) Which meso in particular do you find was best for the definition?

Meso 2 is best for definition!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.