what does everyone "do?"

Kimenem

Cathlete
I'm sure this has been posted before, but in an effort to get to know more people here, I was just wondering wondering what everyone "does." I'm not necessarily talking about working outside of the home as I know being a full-time mom, or even a working mom, is a big enough job of it's own.

I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and work with juveniles who have legal charges and have been court ordered to attend a residential program. We have 4 facilities in NW Florida and have waiting lists for other kids to arrive. They stay with us for at least 6 months. I supervise all of the therapists who actually work with the kids day to day. It's very frustrating because half the time, it seems more like "babysitting," and I'm talking about babysitting the adults. That's why I am home 1 1/2 hrs early. I got so aggravated today I had to get out of the building. I also do contract work by doing assessments on kids that have been placed in foster care.

Kim

RE: what does everyone

I read posts all day.. no just kidding.:) I read more than I post. I work from home. I'm a software tester so I'm on the computer all day long.

I'm a former journalist. Now a stay-at-home mom/freelance writer/children's book writer (TRYING to get published)...

I am a Financial Analyst for a real estate developer in Atlanta. I help the developers with their budgets and I also have a CPA license so I assist with some of our accounting/tax issues as well.

I am a Case Manager for a DUI (or other substance related criminal charges) program in Virginia. I coordinate the education and treatment programs of the offenders, and also monitor their probation. I report the offender's compliance -- or non-compliance -- to the courts that referred them.

I am also mom to my 2 1/2 year old, Collin!

I'm the Director of eServicing for the Corporate Services division of a financial corporation. Basically that means I run the team that makes sure our Corporate cardmembers and the people who administer their programs can self-service on the web. Online applications, viewing statements, paying bills, cancelling cards, transferring CMs when they take a new position - that sort of thing.

WOW! All important stuff!

CollinsMom - Didn't you post that you're getting married? CONGRATS!! I wish I was....been dating the same guy for 9 yrs this Oct. Don't see marriage in the future as he's been down that road twice and they both ended BADLY.

I am a school psychologist. I am also working on my dissertation so that I can finally get my doctorate. I also have been actively involved in animal rescue for the past ten years. I sponsor a humane club and do humane education in the schools.

I am also a mommy to my five dogs and one foster dog. :)

Oh, yeah, and I am getting married in November. :D

I am a cook/manager for an Elementary school kitchen. I wish we had some say in the food that they eat, but we don't. The school food service director does. We don't operate off the school budget either. I am counting the days to go back -

Hmm - I'm working in Human Resources within the Finance industry right now. I've done vendor management and outsourcing management within the industry, as well. Most importantly, I'm "working" at relocating back to Wisconsin, so I'm doing job hunting, as well.

"I read posts all day.. no just kidding."

LOL! This is what I do, now that the kids are back in school:)

Hi Kim,

There are so many people here from all walks of life and jobs alike.
It is great to meet new people and learn from them as well.

I am the owner of a company that develops electrical safety products for child proofing and for all types of commercial purposes. My first product was developed because of an incident in my own home.
I spend a great deal of time talking with people over the phone and on-line. So getting in my exercise time in the early AM is essential. It helps get my head in gear for the rest of the day. Evenings I spend with my kids either runninig, hiking or just playing in the yard. It makes for great stress relief from a hectic day. ;-)

I love all Cathe's workouts, they are so much fun! Having a workout schedule for the month is a plus.

Take Care, it's great to get to know you all a little better.

I'm an engineer for a well-known global company that produces construction and mining equipment (tractors, wheel loaders, backhoe loaders, etc), and diesel engines. I am a materials engineer by degree, and began my career in metallurgy, but have sort of migrated to more of a mechanical engineering position, actually designing components.

Fun topic. It's neat to see what everyone does!

I'm a product manager for a direct marketing company. I secretly wish that on of our salespersons would come in one day and tell me they just added SNM/Cathe.com as a client. How wonderful it would be to have our warehouse full of Cathe catalogs just waiting to be mailed out! Hey a girl can dream!

Was an environmental engineer, then moved onto being an 8th grade science teacher, and now a SAHM with my 2 cherubs and doing a home business with Shaklee on the side.

Thanks for starting this thread. This is fun to see what else we do besides read posts all day long!

I am an Account Executive for a third party medical claims administrator here in Wisconsin. Most of the plans we administer are Medicaid based plans. The account I'm in charge of is commercial in nature and is limited to cardiac cases/joint replacement cases/and organ transplant cases for patients in the Baltimore/DC area . . . high dollar stuff.

Mo

I am a SAHM to my 4 and 3 year olds. But I work from home of a night for the lawyer that I worked for before I had kids. He sends me dictation through digitally and I type and send back to him so he has it the next morning. It has worked out great for me, a bit more money to help us and I still get to be with my kids.

Kim:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.