What books are you guys reading?

>Re Picoult...Both were pageturners I just couldn't put down.
>I also liked My Sister's Keeper.
Thanks... Vanishing Acts was great, too.

rose2boys

Keep smiling & sweating!

Just finished Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind, and started Dragon's of the Fallen Sun by Weis and Hickman ( I'll read anything they write.) also finishe dEragon and Eldest by Christopher Paolini. Eragon is sooo much better than the movie.I'm in the third book, A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin. I really enjoyed reading The Thirteenth Tale. I like getting suggestions for books.

i read dragonlance novels. i read dragons of a fallen sun a few weeks ago and am now on the third book. if u r interested in these books,start out with Meetings Sextetseries,then the Chronicals,Legends,Dragons Summer Flame

laura

im reading ...star...by danielle steel and just finished "comeing out"by her. but my favorites by her are thurston house and palamino!

Amy

I am currently reading "The Boelyn Inheritance" by Phillipa Gregory...It is the sequel to "The Other Boelyn Sister"...My next up is either "The Thirteenth Tale" or "Water For Elephants".

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

"Fall on Your Knees" by Ann Marie MacDonald, an old Oprha book. It is a little dark but one of the most well written books I've read in years.

Tracy

Candi - How was Lisey's Story? I love Stephen King and have read pretty much all he's written (except the Gunslinger series) I have this new book but reading time is so limited.

Doreen

>I am currently reading "The Boelyn Inheritance" by Phillipa
>Gregory...It is the sequel to "The Other Boelyn Sister"...My
>next up is either "The Thirteenth Tale" or "Water For
>Elephants".
>
>
>Debra
>
>Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella
>Williams

Debra, I really enjoyed Water for Elephants!

Sparrow

My garden is filled with papayas and mangos
My life is a mixture of reggaes and tangos
Taste for the good life, I can live it no other way
- Jimmy Buffett

Hi, I am reading the Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards. So far very good. I should be finished with it sometime today.

Susan G.

I'm reading three books:
Lakota Woman by Mary Crow Dog
Chinese Lessons by John Pomfret
Curse of the Narrows by Laura MacDonald

Then of course I'm always reading computer programming and computer technology books as well as my fitness books. Yes, I'm nerdy.

I just finished reading Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami which I loved. I am currently reading Last Car to Elysian Fields by James Lee Burke. I should finish it tonight. I'm not sure what I'm reading next. I have so many books to read! I am my own library.

Pixie,

I loved "A Long Way Down." Have you read any of his other books? "High Fidelity" and "About a Boy" are really good, too. I wasn't that thrilled with "How to Be Good." "Fever Pitch" was okay, but I just don't understand rugby all that well. (Nor, quite frankly, do I want to!)

tpf

Doreen,

Sorry it took me so long to respond but I just saw your question!

First of all, I spelled Lisey...it's Lissey. Okay, I feel better now.

Okay, now that's out of the way, I love this book. King dedicated this book to his with Tabitha. It's about a writer who has died and what his widow must deal with after his death. He was not a typical writer (like King) and what his wife has to deal with is the supernatural, of course.

It seems to me that King is gone full circle and coming back to his best writing as far as I'm concerned like "The Stand". Very entertaining and interesting because you can overtones of the relationship King must have with his wife. I think they've been married over 30 years!

If you love Stephen King you HAVE to read the Gunslinger series. Almost every book he's ever written is connected to it. If you admire his gift for writing now, you'll be astounded when you see how it all weaves together.

Lisey's Story was great, too.

BTW, the Outlander novels by Diana Gabaldon are fabulous. They're romance, history, science fiction, adventure, and drama all rolled into 6 or 7 seriously long books. If you try them, you'll be addicted.

Kelly

I have not sat down with a book in several months--just too darn much going on lately. I have a little stack here that I've been meaning to read so I just need to pick one and get started.

Which one should I start with?

1. Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie
2. Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks
3. Night by Elie Wiesel

>I'm reading "Eleven on Top" by Janet Evanovich. Love these
>books!

I used to listen to all her books on audio at my old job, but since I don't have that luxury I actually read books again. Once I finish The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks, I am going to read #12 by Janet Evanovich. I can't think of the title.

Jenn

I have Night on my bedstand right now, but I haven't gathered up the nerve to read it yet...I am sure it is going to be hugely depressing and I haven't been in the mood! It's one of those books I know I have to read, but I'm trying to work myself into it.

I did like Balzac, but it wasn't one of my favorites...

Good luck with your choices!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.