What books are you guys reading?

>Has anyone read anything by Alice Hoffman? She wrote
>Practical Magic which was made into a movie. She also wrote
>Turtle Moon which I loved and I have most of her others.
>Second Nature was also really good.
>
>Yes! I've read like 8 of her books! I love her writing style! I've loved almost everything she's written with the exception of Blackbird House (I'm not sure I'm remembering the title correctly).

Carolyn

Hi, everyone,
I hardly ever post, but I read everyday.
I just finished: The Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno, The Historian (great book), The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl, Marley & Me, The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion, A Venetian Affair, In the Company of the Courtesan, The Plain Truth, and Case Histories and probably a few I've forgotten. I'm currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Liz Gilbert, The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollen and Arthur & George.
We don't watch any television. Haven't since college (1983?) I also get almost every cooking magazine and fitness magazine known to man. Opposites attract.
Thanks for the great thread.
Amy

I am reading The Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno. I am trying to clean up my diet now that I have lost my weight on weight watchers.

LD

The Namesake, by Jhumpa Lahiri. Excellent!

Moral Disorder, short stories by Margaret Atwood. They are really funny in Atwood's droll way.

Also read Water for Elephants by Laura Gruen, Very good.

I didn't ultimately care that much about The Thirteenth Tale. OR The Historian.

LOVED The Voyage of the Narwhal by Andrea Barrett, and the title story of her collection, Ship Fever. I also have her Middle Kingdom, which I will get to pretty soon.

I have read all of the Jack Reacher books by Lee Child, and cannot wait for the next one for a fast, thrilling read.

I just bought Sacred Games after reading a very positive review in NYTimes.

Just read over Christmas Break:
1) "Will in the World: How Shakespeare Became Shakespeare" (Stephen Greenblatt
2) "Life After Death: The Burden of Proof" (Deepak Chopra)
3) "Living Among Meat Eaters: The Vegetarian Survival Guide" (Carol Adams)

Starting to Read:
"Wabi-Sabi for Artists, Designers, Poets, and Philosphers" (Leonard Koren)

Anyone else read any of these?

Manmohini

Right now I am reading Motor Mouth by Janet Evanovich. I love her books, so I read them as soon as possible. I just read an older one of hers called Thanksgiving. I usually have an informational book of some sort around at the same time. I just finished going over a book recently on networking. Now I am working through one on Excel. I have went through a few on dog training. Are we going for entertainment? :7

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Well, believe it or not, I recently finished War and Peace...but over my business trip this last week I read Vanish by Tess Gerritsen - a very good thriller! I just remembered I also read Snow Flower and the Secret Fan.

Jo

Just today began reading "From Baghdad With Love". Don't tell me if it's no good, but I'll come back and tell you ^ and v when I finish.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.