What are you reading?

I go thru a book every day or 2. Yay library!!! I just started "Kiss of Midnight" by Lara Adrian, its the 1st in the "Midnight Breed" series. The first 122 have been good, looking forward to the rest. I normally have time to read at work but I actually have to work today *gasp* so the rest will have to wait til I get home.

Nan

Just finished Three Cups of Tea - brilliant and really thought provoking. HIGHLY recommended reading.

Now I'm reading - True Compass, Ted Kennedy's memoir that he finished right before he died. So far, it's really good. Fascinating man.

I just finished "The Condition" by Haig? I forget her first name. Very good--really liked it. I am just starting "The Unconsoled" by Ishiguro.

The China Study by Dr. T. Colin Campbell. FASCINATING! If people are on the fence about eating meat or any type of animal protein, this book will definitely prove beyond a shadow of a doubt why it can be deadly. Specifically shows the link between an animal protein diet and many forms of cancer, breast, liver, and even esophageal cancer.
Booboo

Dean Koontz's 'Frankenstein'. I'm reading the 2nd book, 'city of night' now.
Love Frankenstein, vampire and werewolf books...but it's so dang hard to find a good author, well...one I like anyways :p

The Cosmic Landscape by Leonard Susskind (Kindle)
and
Blaze by Richard Bachman a/k/a Stephen King (hardcover)

I'm reading The Unlikely Disciple by Kevin Roose. It's a true story that the author wrote about attending an evangilistic college (Jerry Falwells Liberty University). And he's not very religious, so it has some very interesting situations. Very intriguing!!

The Proud Tower by Barbara W. Tuchman.....It's a classic history book giving a portrait of the world before World War I (1890-1914). Yes, I'm officially a nerd!

I just read Olive Kitteredge, which I highly recommend. Currently reading Glenn Beck's Idiot Book which I am truly amazed that I'm enjoying. And after that plan to read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand for a discussion group. Also will try to sneak in White Tiger by Aravind Adiga which I heard was very good
Jen

PS I justt read Plague of Doves last month, curious what others thought. I didn't care for it, but think if I took it as a collection of short stories might have tolerated it more.

Last edited:
Lipstick Jungle which is pretty good. I bought it from Amazon upon the recommendation of one of these horrible threads (just kidding :) These threads just help feed my addiction to reading!!)

I always love these threads and just keep adding to my list!! I actually just started a lending library with the people I work with. We all tend to read the same general type of books, so how nice to be able to buy a few and then share with many others! This wouldn't work if I had the Kindle, so I am glad I don't have one (yet!!) :)

Enjoy your books!!
Jenn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.