What about N.O. Xplode?

Hi there. Please don't buy it. It is nitric oxide and my DH takes it all the time, pre-workout. It makes him very sick - esp during cardio and in the warm weather - and it also makes him very angry and sometimes aggressive (maybe b/c his stomach hurts though??). I don't know much, if anything at all, about it but I know he is addicted and I honestly don't see that it has done ANYTHING for his workouts. And I am so serious. In fact, he runs to the bathroom so much that I don't see how it is even worth it for him. Good luck.

Clarissa

Another no vote on this one. My friend took it for awhile and he was a beast on this stuff. He also got very angry & aggressive and we joked that it's "legal" steroids.

Not to be rude and I don't want to offend, but if you don't know very much about the product then commenting about it is rather inane. I use the product, nearly six times a week, for that matter, and am considered quite even tempered :p by my friends and usually a very happy person. Two weeks ago I decided to change over to my go-to cycling powder and it was not as effective in the middle of a long session of two Insanity workouts followed by STS legs. I was curious and figured I should repeat that experiment a few times to see if it was just a weird day, and yea, it does keep me going strong. The other happy result has been muscle retention through a bit too much cardio lately. There is a reason its a best seller, and of course you shouldn't overdo any supplement, including your multi-vitamin. I use less then half what their serving size scoop is, something like a few teaspoons if I measure it out, that's enough for my waterbottle.

Two weeks ago I decided to change over to my go-to cycling powder and it was not as effective in the middle of a long session of two Insanity workouts followed by STS legs.

So am I understanding this correctly- you did 2 insanity w/o back to back and then STS legs? Wow, that is insane :eek:

I have used it before and I have never ever had any trouble, get sick, addicted, If you follow the directions you would see that you need to start with lest than the serving recommendation and not take for a long period of times.
So if you want to try go for it! If not that's right too!!!

I was hoping it would help me so I wasn't so tired all the time and kick me into gear with my workouts. I am a little scared to try it now, if I did I could just do the one to two teaspoonfuls for a couple weeks and call it good. It would be nice bump up my level of endurance to where it use to be before I had kids. I was in the best shape of my life a year and half ago (before my 2nd kid). I really want to get there again.

When I need energy before a workout I will usually eat an orange, granola bar, or have a cup of coffee.

Don't pollute your body with something called Xplode!

When I need energy before a workout I will usually eat an orange, granola bar, or have a cup of coffee.

Don't pollute your body with something called Xplode!

I'm not in the habit of polluting my body :rolleyes:, I've researched carefully in this arena for the past 25 years of what I do, and I know what works for me. Xplode is a mixture of creatine, caffeine, amino acids, coconut, magnesium, some b vitamins, herbs and the only downside, an artificial sweetner.

If I had an orange and the ubiquitous granola bar before a 3 hour ride, I'd be in the dirt within the hour.

So am I understanding this correctly- you did 2 insanity w/o back to back and then STS legs? Wow, that is insane :eek:

Haha..not usually, but a wonderful forum member (Meowracer) got me hooked on calendar-based workouts (STS & Insanity). So I have this urge to click off the workouts that are scheduled for that week, and I was behind...sooo I figured why not get it done. Problem is now its my outdoor season of mountainbiking and its getting a lot tougher to stay indoors. I'm nearly through with Meso 3 and I have to admit, I'm probably going to do it all over again, I love it that much!

I don't think the oringinal poster is working out for 3 hours at a time. So if that were the case I would suggest to eat a large bowl of spagetti pre workout ;)

2.25 Lbs. Fruit Punch
Supplement Facts
Serving Size1Scoop(20.5g) ††
Servings Per Container50
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value†

Calories 25
Total Carbohydrates 6g 2%
Sugars 0g **
Vitamin B6(Pyridoxine HCL) 25mg 1,250%
Vitamin B9(Folic Acid) 400mcg 100%
Vitamin B12(Cyanocobalamin) 120mcg 2,000%
Calcium 75mg 8%
Phosphorus 535mg 50%
Magnesium 360mg 90%
Sodium 235mg 10%
Potassium 75mg 2%

N.O.-Xplode™'s Proprietary Blend 18,000mg **
(Contains A Patented Nutrient Suspension Matrix & Efforsorb™ Delivery System)

N.O. Meta-FusionPatent Pending **
L-Arginine AKG, L-Citrulline Malate, RC-NOS™ (Rutacarpine 95%), L-Citrulline AKG, L-Histidine AKG, NAD (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide), Gynostemma Pentaphyllum (Leaves & Stem) (Gypenosides 95%)

AVPT (Advanced Volumizing & Performance Technology) **
Modified Glucose Polymers (Maltodextrin), Di-Creatine Malate, Trimethylglycine, Creatine Ethyl Ester -Beta-Alanine Dual Action Composite (CarnoSyn®), Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Creatine Phosphate Matrix, Creatinol-O-Phosphate-Malic Acid Interfusion, Glycocyamine, Guanidino Proplonic Acid, Cinnulin PF® (Aqueous Cinnamon Extract) (Bark), Ketoisocaproate Potassium, Creatine ABB (Creatine Alpha-Amino-N-Butyrate)

Ener-Tropic Xplosion™(Patent Pending) **
L-Tyrosine, Taurine, Glucuronolactone, Methylxanthine (Caffeine), L-Tyrosine AKG, MCT's (Medium Chain Triglycerides)[Coconut], Common Periwinkle Vinpocetine 99%, Vincamine 99%, Vinburnine 99% (Whole Plant)

Phospho-Electrolyte Replacements™ **
Di-Calcium Phosphate, Di-Potassium Phosphate, Di-Sodium Phosphate

Glycerol Hydrating Polymers™ **
Potassium Glycerophosphate, Magnesium Glycerophosphate, Glycerol Stearate

† Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
** Daily Value not established

Other Ingredients
Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Calcium Silicate, Potassium Citrate, Sucralose(Splenda®), Acesulfame-K, FD&C Red #40, And FD&C Blue #1.
[/I]

WOW! The above is pretty crazy and you can't tell me you know what half of those ingredients are. Why would you want to take something that has Red #40 and Blue #1 in it?

Warning

Also, anything that has a warning label on it would be a red flag.

Warnings: Before using product, seek advice from a health care practitioner if you are unaware of your current health condition or have any pre-existing medical condition including but not limited to: high or low blood pressure, cardiac arrhythmia, stroke, heart, liver or thyroid disease, anxiety, depression, seizure disorder, psychiatric disease, diabetes, pernicious anemia, difficulty urinating due to prostate enlargement or if you are taking an MAO inhibitor or any other medication. Do not use if you are pregnant, nursing, prone to dehydration or exposed to excessive heat. Reduce or discontinue use if sleeplessness, tremors, dizziness, nervousness, headaches, or heart palpitations occur. This product is only intended to be consumed by healthy adults 18-50 years of age.

* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

...I am impressed that you can also cut and paste...

I take it because it works for me, maybe not for you, but I'm tired of people like you screaming the sky is falling on every product that isn't water-based. I also like Surge, Heed, Perpetuem, and Xtend along with the occasional pint of chocolate milk after a long ride. Obviously you have way more time then I do with this, and I don't mean to be rude, but I've got get outside now. Have a great day. :D

...I am impressed that you can also cut and paste...

I take it because it works for me, maybe not for you, but I'm tired of people like you screaming the sky is falling on every product that isn't water-based. I also like Surge, Heed, Perpetuem, and Xtend along with the occasional pint of chocolate milk after a long ride. Obviously you have way more time then I do with this, and I don't mean to be rude, but I've got get outside now. Have a great day. :D

I don't mean to be disrespectful and you are right - if it works for you then by all means continue taking it.

But what happens in a few years when this product is recalled or taken off the shelves because of side-effects that will cause who knows what?

I guess that can be said about almost any supplement, including whey which I am a total advocate of. And quite frankly, I do worry about years down the road after I've consumed probably a million pounds of the stuff what it will do to me in the future.

No one knows. And that is what the scary thing is.

But at least whey doesn't have warning lables on it.

NO Explode is okay, but I prefer SuperPump 250. Same type of pre-workout supplement, I just prefer the taste of this over the BSN products. I find it really helps me during strength workouts, not so much with cardio. I can lift longer and heavier, love it! I don't take the recommended dose (maybe 1/2 - 3/4 a scoop instead of one or two whole scoops) and I have had no adverse side effects.

Also, anything that has a warning label on it would be a red flag.

Warnings: Before using product, seek advice from a health care practitioner if you are unaware of your current health condition or have any pre-existing medical condition including but not limited to: high or low blood pressure, cardiac arrhythmia, stroke, heart, liver or thyroid disease, anxiety, depression, seizure disorder, psychiatric disease, diabetes, pernicious anemia, difficulty urinating due to prostate enlargement or if you are taking an MAO inhibitor or any other medication. Do not use if you are pregnant, nursing, prone to dehydration or exposed to excessive heat. Reduce or discontinue use if sleeplessness, tremors, dizziness, nervousness, headaches, or heart palpitations occur. This product is only intended to be consumed by healthy adults 18-50 years of age.

* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

WOW. What a warning list! Why would anyone take anything that has such a huge warning list? I mean, aren't we working out in order to be healthy? Not to push our bodies to the point that we need to pollute them with potentially dangerous supplements... This may sound simple, but I believe in not pushing yourself to such extremes. Eat an apple with some pb on it, or have a granola bar or even a protein bar and then do a sensible workout. When you're spent... stop. I also have found that the Vitamin Water Zero "Rise" flavor for some reason gives me a lot of energy during my workout, instead of water. And it has electrolytes. :)

WOW. What a warning list! Why would anyone take anything that has such a huge warning list? I mean, aren't we working out in order to be healthy? Not to push our bodies to the point that we need to pollute them with potentially dangerous supplements... This may sound simple, but I believe in not pushing yourself to such extremes. Eat an apple with some pb on it, or have a granola bar or even a protein bar and then do a sensible workout. When you're spent... stop. I also have found that the Vitamin Water Zero "Rise" flavor for some reason gives me a lot of energy during my workout, instead of water. And it has electrolytes. :)

ITA!! ..........

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.