Wen hair care

Does it matter which scent you use? On the QVC boards they seem to imply that. Is one scent better for dyed hair? Thanks

You all are dangerous for my bank account, lol! First it was the Clarisonic..had to get one and LOVE IT! Now this!! I just ordered the Pumpkin Ginger scented Wen from QVC!! I can't wait to try it on my fine, thin hair!! :)

Denise

Ha-ha! I did too...I ordered the same one after reading these rave reviews. I even set up a reminder on QVC so I am sure to watch the Wen products on Oct. 1st. I have thin hair too, so I am curious to see how the pumpkin ginger works on my hair. We'll have to compare notes!
-Jen
p.s. Mine should be delivered on Sept 15th.

Ha-ha! I did too...I ordered the same one after reading these rave reviews. I even set up a reminder on QVC so I am sure to watch the Wen products on Oct. 1st. I have thin hair too, so I am curious to see how the pumpkin ginger works on my hair. We'll have to compare notes!
-Jen

Jen, let's compare notes for sure! I'm really excited to try it! I think mine will be here around that time as well. Can't wait to smell it, yum!

Denise

-Jen

Me, too!!! LOL Love the smell of pumpkin in the morning!

I didn't know they have pumpkin!! Even though I've got plenty I might just have to order that for the smell alone!

You all are dangerous for my bank account, lol! First it was the Clarisonic..had to get one and LOVE IT! Now this!! I just ordered the Pumpkin Ginger scented Wen from QVC!! I can't wait to try it on my fine, thin hair!! :)

Denise

ITA .. ok .. Cathe needs to be getting kickbacks from QVC .. I got the clarisonic .. THE BEST thing ever .. has transformed my skin .. NOW i have been on the fence about WEN .. looks like I am gonna head on over to QVC and place an order .. :eek:.. b/c Cathe sure was right about Clarisonic!!!! ;)

ITA .. ok .. Cathe needs to be getting kickbacks from QVC .. I got the clarisonic .. THE BEST thing ever .. has transformed my skin .. NOW i have been on the fence about WEN .. looks like I am gonna head on over to QVC and place an order .. :eek:.. b/c Cathe sure was right about Clarisonic!!!! ;)

I was reading these posts last night and telling hubby that Cathe uses it and he was laughing, "well if Cathe uses it, get it"! Love that man, too funny! (we both love our Clarisonics--yep, he uses one too!!)

Ah, I too bought the clarisonic because of the clarisonic thread (LOVE IT!) and now I am about to hit buy on the QVC website for Wen!

Hi Everyone! So glad you are all excited about WEN. But since you are going by my word I want you to be well informed about your purchase. No, I don't work for commission and truly have no interest in that. My only interest is in helping you :) So I put together a little info (complete with links to Chaz Dean's website...WEN founder) to help you with your decision.

WEN Hair wash video demo
WEN® Instructional Videos - Normal to Medium Hair
I personally don’t go through all of these steps as I find it very time consuming. I just pump 8 to 10 squirts of three different cleansing conditioners in my hair (a total of about 26 to 28 pumps) and spread it into the crown, sides and underneath and I only do the process once. I am sure to really scrub my scalp good. I learned the hard way that skimping on this product (using on 12 pumps total) left my hair feeling weighed down and under-conditioned. Yes, it is costly, so if you find you are REALLY loving when, order the one gallon sizes from QVC every JUNE. WEN has an anniversary sale on QVC every June and you can buy the normally priced $210 gallon size for $164-ish dollars on QVC. This lasts a long time. You can buy a smaller 16 ounce size of the same product and convert it from the one gallon size (refill as needed) to conserve space in your shower.

A written page on how to wash hair with WEN
How To Use WEN®

Handy Tips using WEN
WEN® Tips

Which cleansing conditioner should you use:
WEN® Cleansing Conditioners
Once opening the above link, click on the individual listing of each of the cleansing conditioners (ie: sweet Almond Mint, Fig, Lavender etc.) and it will tell you what type of hair it works best for, however, I found that this is not always the case. I actually felt Lavender made my hair a little dry feeling. That’s the only scent I don’t use a lot of. Fig, on the other hand is for coarse ethnic hair (my hair is the complete opposite… fine and thin) however, I found a few pumps of fig mixed in with other conditioners gave my hair great shine without weighing it down. So you just have to experiment.

What is the best WEN value?
Again, if you find you are REALLY loving WEN, order the one gallon sizes from QVC every JUNE. WEN has an anniversary sale on QVC every June and you can buy the normally priced $210 gallon size for $164-ish dollars on QVC. This lasts a long time. You can buy a smaller 16 ounce size of the same product and convert it from the one gallon size (refill as needed) to conserve space in your shower. QVC also runs specials on the cleansing products throughout the year if you want to check into it but the best value is by far the one gallon size…BUT, only if you truly love it. If you only like it, then the 16 ounce bottle is the way to go. Btw, they also make a travel size and just so you know it is too large for airport travel standards and I had to throw mine out of my carry on at security check (ouch!!!!)

What about the other WEN hair care products (ie: oil drops, scalp nourisher)…do I need them too?
I personally find that this product works fine alone without all the other products to add to the list of expenses. However, that’s just opinion based on how my thin fine hair has responded to the cleansing conditioners alone. I borrowed the lavender oil from a friend and didn’t find it to make a noticeable difference.

What about the new fragrances...pumpkin, pomegranate?

These are brand new and I have not tried them yet. I now know what I am asking Santa for for Christmas, wink!

Last edited:
nclncl, The ingredients listed on the bottles are different between the product from Guthy Renker and Chaz Dean Studio/QVC. The packaging is a little different also. Someone from Chaz Dean's company answered on a message board I was on about a year ago and said that the GR product is a little different because they ship internationally but that they test it periodically and it is supposed to be as good at the product from Chaz Dean Studio.

The GR stuff left my hair kind of flat and it got flatter and oilier the next day. With the stuff from QVC my hair has body for two or three days and the oil comes back much slower.

QVC is usually cheaper than buying direct from the Chaz Dean Studio.

Thanks, Lisavh2...I'm going to try to order from QVC and see how I like it!

I'd love to know, too - re: how long will a 16 oz. bottle last if you use 20 pumps of Wen.

I did order the pumpkin, pomegranate, and the aloe vera & mint ...I got notices that they have shipped and are supposed to arrive Sept. 23! I was pleased with the pumpkin especially - it was discounted AND so was the shipping! (living in Hawaii having discounted shipping is always a plus!)

I need to try this!

I don't shop QVC. Will waiting for a "show" to air on Oct. 1st save me any money?

I will say that I stopped using shampoo about 3 years ago when I discovered the shampoo bars from Basin. I LOVE them! There are no sulfates, all-natural, and they don't dry out my hair so I no longer use conditioner or any other hair product of any kind. I only wash my hair after a sweaty workout-otherwise I would only need to wash my hair every 2-3 days. My hair looks and feels great and I never have a "bad hair day"
The bars cost about $12 each (if I remember correctly) and last at least 2 months. (I have long, thick hair). There is very little sudsing so that takes a while to get used to.

Now with all my enabling Cathletes, I want to try WEN, too! Thanks ladies!

I love it Cathe, when you are in to something you are REALLY INTO something! I am a huge wen fan, finally cleaned out the shower in favor of just Wen at the beginning of the summer, but have used it on and off for years. I bought the large gallon size this summer, but I wish I had bought 2, and I absolutely LOVE the idea of creating your own Wen hair cocktails :D. I will definitely be trying that out.

Thnaks for sharing

Hey thanks for sharing your about your product here, i am looking for some tips and advice on what causes hair loss and how best to treat your hair loss problem.
But now i’ll use to wen hair care and i hope I’ll get good result.

I'm supposed to get my Wen today! I'm so excited to try it. On the QVC website, it said, under FAQ, I think, how many pumps are in each size bottle.

Mine came yesterday. I will try it today. I can't wait to see if I get the fabulous results everyone else has experienced!

Got mine - will try it this weekend. The Ginger Pumpkin smells AMAZING - like Thanksgiving. It makes me want to eat it!! If it works as good as it smells...........!!!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.