Wen hair care

coarse hair

I think fig is one of the two that are for coarse hair. Go to the qvc site for wen, they have good information there

Im so excited..i have been wanting Wen for along time finaly DH ordered it for christmas. I couldnt wait til then to try it. So he gave it to me early. I have long hair that used to be shiny. For the last two yrs it has been frizzy dry I had ti cut it short for a year. I let it grow again give it a try. Well frizzy dry whichypoo hair .. I used Wen on tues yesterday, it was immeditate difference its like as time goes on it was getting less frizzy and more shiny. Well today it is still smooth feeling soft thick and shiny already. Usualy by the second day after exercise it is dry and frizzy but nope! Its still feeling and looking great! So glad I wont have to cut my hair all off again! Ill bbl to give u an update, so far so good ALREADY!

Im so excited..i have been wanting Wen for along time finaly DH ordered it for christmas. I couldnt wait til then to try it. So he gave it to me early. I have long hair that used to be shiny. For the last two yrs it has been frizzy dry I had ti cut it short for a year. I let it grow again give it a try. Well frizzy dry whichypoo hair .. I used Wen on tues yesterday, it was immeditate difference its like as time goes on it was getting less frizzy and more shiny. Well today it is still smooth feeling soft thick and shiny already. Usualy by the second day after exercise it is dry and frizzy but nope! Its still feeling and looking great! So glad I wont have to cut my hair all off again! Ill bbl to give u an update, so far so good ALREADY!

Renee-

I'm so grateful to Cathe for turning us on to Wen! Which formula did you get? FYI, there are great deals from time to time on QVC...the next really good one will be in April. :). I just ordered Wen Kids (they had a good deal, my ability to resist is non-existent)...can't wait to try it!

Pam

Hi Pam!
I got the fig, today is second time I washed it, I have some frizz stil..but I have to say it is so soft and as time goes on it keeps improving! Im hoping all the frizz will vo away soon.
So if u have auto ship but they have specials, can u change you order for the special? How does it work? How long after u started using Wen did you see a difference? I did imediatly but it does seem to get even better as time goes on. Is that how it,worked for u?

Hi Pam!
I got the fig, today is second time I washed it, I have some frizz stil..but I have to say it is so soft and as time goes on it keeps improving! Im hoping all the frizz will vo away soon.
So if u have auto ship but they have specials, can u change you order for the special? How does it work? How long after u started using Wen did you see a difference? I did imediatly but it does seem to get even better as time goes on. Is that how it,worked for u?

Hi Renee -

My hair felt softer right away and I saw some improvement, but it wasn't dramatic like others have posted. I didn't realize how much it had improved until I needed a picture of myself and was going to use one that had been taken a few months before I started Wen and that's when I realized just how much better my hair was...I immediately placed another order for Wen to make sure I didn't run out! It's been over a year now (yep, I tried it because of this thread) and my hair has kept on improving. However, I don't think I would have gotten rid of all my frizzies except that I had also started using some of it as a leave in and also using the styling cream. I was worried about them weighing down my hair, but they don't at all.

FYI, Fig works great for my hair, and I also use the fig styling cream. Personally, I don't care for the scent, but it doesn't bother me as much as it did in the beginning.

You can cancel an autodelivery (I did). I'm just not sure how far in advance you have to cancel it. QVC has a Wen board (it's under "QVC Community" then "Beauty" then you'll see a list of the boards and Wen as at the bottom). I've learned the most about ordering from QVC from that board...people are always posting about new Wen items that are going to be introducted and when there are likely to be specials and what they will be. The specials usually come in March/April, June, September and December, so it's good to go on the boards around those times to see what's up.

I'm Wen happy today...my Wen Kids is being delivered. It's not quite as good as getting a new Cathe DVD (okay, not NEARLY as good), but it's fun!

Yes! Not Cathe dvd but I was very pleased It came in so soon. I just,couldnt wait to try... Oh I can not wait for Xtrain! I keep checking for clips. I really feel like im going to jump out of my skin! Thanks for the great information!

Hi i have thick hair. So i cant say from experience but i have read others say so. I think youd go for tea tree or lavender. Mayne someone else will comment for sure.

I noticed this thread was revived, so went back and read the whole thing from about a year and a half ago. I was a huge fan of Wen. Now.... not so much.

I thought maybe I had posted my experience in this thread, but it looks like I only posted for about a month after starting Wen. It really did make my hair look great at first, but it was really harsh on my hair color so I had to stop using it. I actually didn't even get all the way through my first bottle of Wen before I had to stop. My hair dresser couldn't believe how faded and stripped my color was, just a few weeks after I started using Wen.:(

So while this may not be the case for everyone, for those that color their hair Wen might not be your best bet.

Yeah i was reading that too. But they were thinking it was the flavor they used. What kind did u try. Man i hope mine continues to do good.

Re: baby fine hair and stripping hair color-

I have fine, thick, wavy hair and it works great for me. Many women with really fine hair, especially baby fine hair and thin hair, are concerned it will weigh their hair down, but it doesn't. It makes your hair very bouncy and shiny). But you do have to make sure your scalp is truly wet when you put it in and that you rinse it out completely. The biggest challenge with Wen is finding the right formula for your hair, and what's recommended isn't always what works for your hair. Qvc does sell discovery kits that let you try the different formulas, or there's the mixed travel pack that let's you try them as well. Unless you have super long thick hair, you should get two washes per travel pack. In one of the other threads I wore a really long explanation of the different scents. I'm on a mobile device, though and don't have the option of linking to it. If you search the open discussion forum for Wen, you'll see a few threads and it will be in there....my posting was really long; doubt you can miss it.

Interesting about the experience with hair color, and that's too ad that happened. Figured you'd find something you love only to have it cause a bigger problem.. I've had the opposite reaction, in that now I only have to color my roots, because I have absolutely no loss of hair color. I love the savings of $ and time. I'm brunette and only coloring my hair to (sigh) cover my gray. Are you a different color? To me two of the best things about Wen are no color loss and waking up with perfect hair the second day. Obviously everybody's experience is different!

Renee, I think I had the Pomegranate. It was the one they touted as being the best for naturally curly hair. It very well could be that it was just the wrong formula for me.

Interesting about the experience with hair color, and that's too ad that happened. Figured you'd find something you love only to have it cause a bigger problem.. I've had the opposite reaction, in that now I only have to color my roots, because I have absolutely no loss of hair color. I love the savings of $ and time. I'm brunette and only coloring my hair to (sigh) cover my gray. Are you a different color? To me two of the best things about Wen are no color loss and waking up with perfect hair the second day. Obviously everybody's experience is different!

Trixoo, I am brunette too, but my hiar is thick and curly, not fine at all. Also, I only color my roots too. It was the rest of my hair that was getting stripped, which doesn't happen with my usual shampoo and conditioner. I guess it's just one of those things that's going to work different for everyone. I think it's great that you've had such great success with Wen!

Renee, I think I had the Pomegranate. It was the one they touted as being the best for naturally curly hair. It very well could be that it was just the wrong formula for me.

Trixoo, I am brunette too, but my hiar is thick and curly, not fine at all. Also, I only color my roots too. It was the rest of my hair that was getting stripped, which doesn't happen with my usual shampoo and conditioner. I guess it's just one of those things that's going to work different for everyone. I think it's great that you've had such great success with Wen!

It's really kind of maddening that using the same product people can have such different reactions. But it's the same for everything...I can't tell you how many skin products I've used that have given other people great results and all I get are pimples. :-(.

Oh, and I don't care for the pomegranate, but some folks just love it. The best for me (although I really don't care for the scent) is the fig, so I guess the wavy aspect of my hair (well, probably more accurately described as curly, but not full on curly if that makes sense) takes precedence over the fine aspect. The one for fine hair - lavender - made me frizzy. Go figure!

If you don't mind my asking, what shampoo do you use that doesn't cause stripping? I'm always looking for other options, but never found anything before that didn't strip color enough that i could only color my roots. The one I did the best with before Wen was Redken's color extend shampoo, bit I still had to do all over color. Thanks!

I too had color fade from it, regardless of formula (and I tried many, including all of the seasonals). Pom actually started turning my hair yellow. Gave up. Now use Paul Mitchell Professional Awapuhi and Wild Ginger. Best ever on keeping my color (red). Even my hairdresser noticed. Love it - my hair has never looked better.

If you don't mind my asking, what shampoo do you use that doesn't cause stripping? I'm always looking for other options, but never found anything before that didn't strip color enough that i could only color my roots. The one I did the best with before Wen was Redken's color extend shampoo, bit I still had to do all over color. Thanks!

I use Matrix Biolage Color Care Shampoo and Conditioner. It works really well for me!

Also, I have discovered that the sun does a horrible number on my hair color. In the summer, when I run outside every day, my hair gets really dry and brittle, and the color fades quickly. I know I should wear a hat to run, but it's so hot that I can't even entertain the thought of a hat on my sweaty head. :eek: What I try to do is run in the early morning before the sun comes up, or close to sunset when it isn't as strong. Still, it's inevitable that just the fact that it's summertime and I can't completely avoid the sun, my hair is affected. My hair is always in so much better shape in the winter when I'm running inside on the treadmill.

I too had color fade from it, regardless of formula (and I tried many, including all of the seasonals). Pom actually started turning my hair yellow. Gave up. Now use Paul Mitchell Professional Awapuhi and Wild Ginger. Best ever on keeping my color (red). Even my hairdresser noticed. Love it - my hair has never looked better.

I second this Paul Mitchell line. Its amazing!

I have fine hair that is quite thick

I am allergic to drugstore hair dye, so I have to order Sanotint, and it is 18 dollars a bottle. My hair is not in bad shape, so I actually use cheap shampoo and cheap conditioner, and Suave does wonders for me. I am without a car, and I explained why on a check in I was on, so I have to freelance personal training at home. I usually order three to four bottles of Sanotint a month, because my hair grows very quickly. When the economy was better, I used more expensive shampoo.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.