Weightloss challenge now until the end of the year ???

gonnabea5

Cathlete
I'm doing a weightloss challenge starting tomorrow until the end of the year. I'm hoping to loose 2 - 2.5 lbs a week counting calories, running and using Cathe workouts.

Anyone interested in joining me, feel free to just jump on in. Look for the thread in checkin and challenges in the morning.

I burn so many calories working out, then I sabotage my progress by over eating. But, that stops now. I've seen so many other people stick to this type of plan. Now, it's my turn. It can be yours too.

I would love to join you and would be happy with losing one pound a week. I was thinking about trying to eliminate wheat, ( another thread on here), and see what that does. Maybe if I join a group and feel like I am held accountable is some way, I will be able to do it.

Ooo, I'd love to jump aboard! What are you using to track your nutrition? Currently I'm using My Fitness Pal, but it doesn't give me as much feedback as Cathe's nutrition tracker. I had the best results with Cathe's system, but my computer doesn't seem compatible with it. I also sabotage myself by working out and then over eating (and not ususally with the good stuff). I've kept the first 10lbs off that I lost with the first round of STS, but this round I haven't lost anything. I know it's the eating. I really have to stay on top of myself or just any old thing goes into my mouth.

Hi,

I use Fitday.com. It's free and I have compiled a lot of personal food items in the database. I only track calories, not percentages of anything etc. You can also track your workouts and calories burned, however their numbers seem off to me so I use my own from my HRM to log.

Hey Shereta!

I was actually wondering about you the other day, even though we've never met. I remember a couple of months ago you wrote that you're training for a half marathon, and I was wondering how you're doing with that.

I'm running a half-marathon at the end of September. I was doing really well with the training, then got de-railed with a stressful situation. I stopped working out and started eating to deal with my stress. Needless to say, it derailed my half-marathon training.

I started up again at the end of May, combining STS with runnning and HIIT workouts and other Cathe workouts. I feel like I started from square one. So that's what made me wonder how your training is going.

I'd like to join the check-in too. I'm feeling a little frustrated today because I'm up two pounds even though working out and really watching my diet last week. So having some support and food suggestions would be great. Looking forward to the check-in.

i am so in with you.....i have been so off track lately and so maybe being accountable will help me stay on track...

i'm also going to cathe's rt so i want to be in at least decent shape so that she doesn't kill me that weekend.....lol

so count me in:)

Hey, Ladies. I started the checkin today. It's in the Checkins and Challenges forum.

Fembot, I use Sparkpeople.com to keep track of calories. there's a lot of information over there. I agree with Deb about Fitday's numbers being a bit off. But, in Sparkpeople, I put my own in using my HRM, too.

Hi, Melanie. My half training is spot on right now. Tomorrow's long run is 7.5 miles. Wow, I cant believe I just typed that. Sorry, your training got off, but your muscles will remember just adjust your plan backing it up from your race day. Altho, this is my first one, I do want to finish in under 3 hours. At my current pace, I should do it - but, this run is a trail run. Very different from road runs. I really hope to be done in about 2:45. We'll see. I'm very excited to be doing this at 46. Actually, I turn 47 2 days after the run. :)

Mrsyancy, I'm so jealous of you making a RT. I would love to do that one day. Please join us at the checkin.

Is this group still open?

I would love to join. I have some weight to lose, I gained it with a back injury earlier this year.

I so totally need this new challenge. Count me in. I was at a women's retreat this weekend and ate a ton! I will start tomorrow!

I have 10 pounds to lose, which will put me at 136-137. But I have been both holding onto and lamenting these pounds for months....doing the same thing that gonnabea5 does: I burn tons of calories cycling or doing a Cathe and then BOOM ...I sabotage myself by eating like a HORSE!

I will check in tomorrow

Oh I'm so happy to know I'm not the only one that does this. I work out religiously every day and then I undo it by over eating. I only do it on the days my husband is away; however, since he is a pilot that is 15 days out of the month. I need to break this habit. Count me in!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.