!!!!!!!!!Weightloss Challenge for Nov

I hope you get some good sleep Tina! it's so important. Wow! how long will you be riding outside? You're showing serious commitment to outride a headache :) I completely understand about the nutrition, good thing you can stick a pin in it and come back to it later.

I did D9 legs today, probably my worst showing to date. I bailed on a particularly painful set of lunges, dropped reps here and there and skipped the leg conditioning drills. It's late but it's done, I can already feel my glutes talking back to me.

I hope y'all had a nice weekend, here's to no stress kicking off the holiday season :)

Sue congrats on sticking with STS. You're a true trooper. I may be just maintaining this month also.

Tina, sometimes we just need a break from the norm. Enjoy your rest and dabble on the not-so-good food choices. You'll bounce back soon. And, lack of sleep makes us do crazy things.

Today's workout was TriSets in in entirety. burnd over 1100 calories. I feel good though. Gotta shop and run errands. Tomorrow, will be cardio, nothing on Wed but house cleaning for guests and then the 10K on thursday. woohooo.

Hi everyone -

Tina - I hope you got the rest you need. You workout so hard and intensely, so its no wonder you need a break!! Plus its so hard to eat properly when tired.

Sue - keep going on the STS! I remember D9 VEERRRRY well - it was tough. Believe it or not, the leg workouts get easier after D9!

Shereta - great idea about keeping a journal, it'll help keep you accountable especially during the holidays. And congrats on the weight loss! Hope you can reach your 4 pound goal. Is it your 10K run this weekend? How are you feeling about it?

I haven't set any more weight goals because I find it so hard to reach them. One week I'm up, then I'm down, I think I'm doing everything right, but the scale doesn't budge. My hubby reassures me all the time that I look great and healthy and fit. But all I see is the negative.

I really like what you mentioned the other day Sue - "love you body for what it gave you today". I need to learn to love my body rather than being so critical all the time.

Tonight is 4DS Higher Intensity with weights. I'm looking forward to it because last week I was able to exceed my expectations on the weights. So I think I need another empowering workout tonight to boost my confidence again.

Have a great day everyone!

I'm rested and feel so much better. This morning was STS M2D16 and medicine ball abs.

Sue, your doing an excellent job with STS. Just a few more discs and you'll be into Meso 2. I think you will really like the next phase, there is more of a breather in between sets. Endurance wise, phase one is the most difficult by far. Awesome you're sticking with it!

Shereta, did you do both upper and lower Trisets together? Yikes!

Melanie, I think we're on the same page with the whole diet/scale thing. It exhausts me, and I cannot be bothered. I'm waiting for motivation to just show up one of these mornings and I'll be back to banning sugar and junk food.

Hi ladies, thanks for the STS motivation! I have to remember if it were easy it wouldn't be worth doing. Today was a 3mile walk/run followed by yoga relax.

Shereta you always get such high calorie burns! how are you feeling after your weight work?

Melanie we're all our own worst critics! I'm sure you'd be very happy if you could see yourself through your husband's eyes. How was 4ds tonight?

Tina your motivation to eat healthier will return. In the meantime enjoy yourself :)

g'night :)

No workout today. Too much to do, so I will be busy. DS is going on a trip. have to help him get ready. The washer's out, so I have to go to the laundry mat, :(. Must shop today cause I have to get some cooking done tomorrow before family night starts at 6. The 10K is thursday. I'm ready and excited. Church family should arrive at 1:30 Thursday afternoon.

I usually feel pretty good after a high calorie burn. Sometimes I sip a protein drink in between sets or doing cardio recovery breaks. Sometimes I need more caffeine to keep me going, but adequate rest always helps me out. I've always been this way - able to workout hard, but I've got to keep tweeking my calories and types of food to see weight loss.

D10 is done, only 2 more workouts in this meso! I got wild and crazy and stepped on the scale this morning, I'm up 1.5lbs from the beginning of the month. I'm not stressed about it, I'm still under 150, at the upper limit for my height on the BMI scale. I do need to step up the cardio, especially hiit. I'd like to say I'll do 30/30 tomorrow but I have a busy work day and have to fit in pie making too. If I don't get to it tomorrow I'll definitely do it on Thursday along with D11 back/tri. I might be crazy but I'm already looking forward to doing STS again and doing a better job of it with better equipment.

Bummer about the washer Shereta, but the bright side is you can get multiple loads done all at once at the laundromat. Have fun in the kitchen tomorrow :)

Hi to Melanie & Tina and the MIAs!

Hi Sue - glad to hear you're not stressing about the weight-gain. I think its to be expected when first starting STS. You will definitely notice the changes in your body by the end of it. Maybe not your weight, but definitely your body will look more toned.

And hey, when it comes to 30/30,just remind yourself that its the easiest of the Hiits and you can do it no problem. After the warm-up, its really only a 20 minute workout! No problem!!!

Woohoo. i'll be running in a little chilly weather tomorrow. I'm glad it's almost here. I'll post results as soon as get home. Wish me luck!!!!!

GO SHERBERT GO!!

Hey Shereta! Good luck tomorrow - we'll all be rooting for you. Have a blast! :) My parents say the weather there has been beautiful.

Hi Sue - yes, tomorrow is just another day. Our thanksgiving is in October. But now Canada is catching on to the whole "Black Friday" concept, and trying to lure Canadians away from US stores this weekend. So there will be tons of sales this weekend even though its not a holiday for us. My hubby thinks I'm crazy, but I'm going shopping on Friday!

Good luck Shereta! Is it a Turkey Trot?

Melanie, good luck black Friday shopping. {{{shiver}}}

Today was M2D17 and bonus legs from M1D6 and Intensity. I have oral surgery on Tuesday, so I'm cramming in my workouts until then. I'll have a few forced days off. The weather looks nice for this Friday, so DH and I are planning a long bike ride on a new route. I'm so excited we're still able to get out on the roads. DH bought six new spinning DVD's, so when the weather shifts, we still have something to look forward to.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you (belated to Melanie), may you all not hold back! : )

Happy Wednesday!

I have been MIA due to being on vacation...just around home, but at least not at work this week. Workouts are on track and I am starting to feel stronger...and down 5 lbs....yeah! It is a start anyway. :)

Glad to see everyone is doing well.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

And of course, Good Luck Shereta!

Check back after thanksgiving.

MJ :cool:

I'm so bummed, I just spent a bit of time creating a post and my browser crashed! Let's see if I can do it quick & right this time :confused:

I've been thinking my goal weight of 125 pounds is too low. I chose it because I read somewhere that ideal weight is 100 pounds for your first 5 feet of height, then 5 pounds per inch thereafter. Simple calculation, I'm 5'5" so I should weigh 125 right? Now I can't even remember where I read it. Well, I came upon this page:

Body Fat Chart

I used this page to get my body fat %:

Body Fat Calculator

I created an excel file and plugged in my data. Forum won't let me post excel so I created a txt file (attached). The bottom line is that if I choose a body fat % of .21 (cusp of fitness/athlete), my goal weight should be 139 (assuming all calculations are correct). I'm 8.5 pounds away from that number.

What do you all think? Is this too complicated / too much math? I'll still eat right(ish) and exercise once I reach my goal, so I'm not trying to wiggle out of doing work, I'm just trying to be more realistic.

BTW, in the time it took me to futz with this stuff, I probably could have done 30/30. Twice.

Good luck w/ the black Friday stuff Melanie - crowds are not for me. I get a little stressed if there are too many people in the grocery store! I heard something last year about one shopper tazering another, but that might be an urban legend.

Tina I'll be thinking of you next week when you're under the drill! Good thing you can enjoy your Thanksgiving before getting that done!

MJ congrats on the weight loss! I hope the rest of your vacation is nice :)

Shereta - again, good luck tomorrow, can't wait to see you on the Trot rankings!

Happy Thanksgiving & happy shopping!

Sue

Attachments

• suethepooh-body-fat-calculations.txt
    525 bytes · Views: 5
Hi Yall. I finished the 10K in 75 min. THis was a good run altho I didnt beat last years time. The 3 factors are (1) I only got 45 min sleep last night, I havent trained at all and the last mile I ran with a 74 year old lady. Precious, precious, precious. Running and talking with her made me forget my goals and just enjoy the moment. She really touched and inspired me. It was a great run in deed.

Good morning all -

Congrats Shereta on the 10K! And the fact that you enjoyed it is the most important thing of all! I personally think 75 minutes is a great time. How was Waffle House?

Sue - I agree with you that 125 at 13% BF seems way too low. That's a great link about the body fat percentages. Have you thought about getting a pair of body fat calipers to get a more accurate reading of your BF%? I just ordered some from Amazon & should be getting them next week.

Anyways, maybe we're all just trying to overthink this stuff? If you feel good at 139 and feel that you look good in your clothes etc., then that's a good weight for you!

So get on that Hiit!!! No better way to burn fat!

My goal has been 135 (I'm 5'7"), but I've been stuck at 150 for 5, yes FIVE weeks!!! I'm beginning to re-think my weight number goal. That's why I bought the calipers, to hopefully give me a more realistic view of myself.

Sometimes I think I'm getting way too obsessed with all this. Maybe I should just step away from the scale and focus on fitness goals rather than my bleepin' weight. Like honestly, when I can do all straight-leg push-ups and exceed Cathe's chosen weight in some of her dvds, I feel AWESOME, so empowered! Then when I step on the scale I feel like crap. In the words of the most-wise Liz Lemon - BLERG!

All that being said - congrats MJ on staying on track while on vacation! Good for you for the 5 pound weight-loss. What is your weight loss goal?

Tina - have a great ride on Friday with your hubs! What's your favourite treat this time of year?

Have a fantastic day off girls! I'll let you know if I survive tomorrow. :)

Hey, Yall. Quick and unplanned trip out of town. Will return Sunday and should be working out on Monday. Still trying to drop 6 before 2013!

I'm behind on STS again, just finished D11 + 30/30. I'll do legs tomorrow and then take my rest week. I'm traveling for a long weekend next weekend so I'll start M2 a tad late. So what's your favorite cardio from LIS? I have afterburn and I'm thinking of adding another one or two to my collection.

Shereta I hope you're traveling for pleasure! Your workouts will keep until you return :) travel safe.

Melanie I never even thought of getting calipers! Do you know how to use them? I like that idea better than height/weight/waist calculations. I am going to change my goal to 139 and reevaluate after I get there. I tend to get a bit mental about all this stuff when I'm counting calories. But I also lose more weight when in counting calories. How was your shopping?

Tina I hope you're spending quality cycling time w hubby!

Hi MJ :)

Great (chilly) cycling weekend! I'm still trying to warm up. Snow is in the forecast this week, so I'm ready to hunker down inside for a few days.

I have a Sunday off from work, the first in months, so tonight is Christmas decorating with the family. We adopted a new young cat, who we should have renamed Menace, so it should be entertaining. I'm betting the tree won't be upright for long.

Shereta, congrats on your run time! I just noticed Melanie's "Go, Sherberts, Go" message. Damn, that still cracks me up!

Melanie, I am also stuck at the same exact weight you are. I was down to 143 over the summer, but I had to really fight to be there. Count every calorie and balance nutrition perfectly to stay there. I know I can do it again, I just need to be in a stress free, very focused mentality. I'm going to be careful over the holiday, and then re-start the heavy journal/menu planning.

MJ, congrats on the weight loss! Awesome!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.