weight workout after HiiT

traflan

Hi,
I am new to this forum so not sure if this has been discussed here yet. I love the 3 30 minute workouts on HiiT. When I am finished w/ one of them, I want to do 30 minutes of weights. I wish there was a dvd w/ 3 30 minute weight workouts to go w/ HiiT. Right now I am doing parts of other Cathe dvds I have but most are more than 30 minutes and I don't have time to do the whole segment so I don't feel like I am doing enough. I can't escape from my kids to the basement for more than an hour! Any suggestions?

You could try the Body Blast-Timesaver DVD. There are 5 workouts on 1 DVD and she uses weights. You work a different bodyparts in each workout, not all in one workout. I have STS, which I am loving!!! And most DVDs are 1 hr long. It is hard with kids. During the week it is 8:30 or 9 at night before I start to workout. And on the weekends they usually cooperate. Hopefully others have more DVDs and can make some other suggestions for you.
Best of luck to you!!
mhunt

It stands for 4 day split and just happens to be the dvd that is on special this week, 30% off. (Check out the Featured Product at the top of the page on the far left.) It is an excellent set of workouts - there are 4 weight and 4 cardios each 30 minutes long.

I am doing a roation with HiiT and Gym styles. The Gym style DVDs have 30 min premixes on them. They go very well together. My workouts have been averaging 60-65 min.

hth

I've always heard (and followed) the idea of doing all the cardio 1st, followed by weights, then followed by yoga/pilates or both. I heard if you want to look more muscular, you do it that way, if you just want to look lean, with no definition, then you do weights before a cardio or sandwhich it the way you mentioned. - autumn

I had that same issue, and so I started using Chalean Extreme (generally no longer than 30-40 minutes of weights) and couple it with the HITT workouts

I did 4DS weight workouts after Shock Cardio this past week. I've used the Pyramid workouts with Shock Cardio (Up Only or Down Only premix). I plan on using Chalene Extreme with Shock Cardio at some point. You could use a premix from Push Pull or SuperSets. You could use the Weights Only Premix from Cardio & Weights or the Weights only Premix from BootCamp. You could use one or two body parts from CTX weight work.

thanks for all the suggestions. i will try them. i just don't want to have to think about it too much and just know that i am popping in a 30 minute weight workout! maybe they will come out with something like that soon.

I am doing Cathe STS strength right now. I do the first disc on Monday, 1/2 of the legs on Tuesday with a HIIT and then the other 1/2 legs on Thursday with a HIIT and then back/bis wed. Just an idea. The HIIT with the legs is a great workout, it's like getting some bonus legs with the plyos and some bonus cardio with the legs. If that makes sense.

I love 4d's. Kelley coffey meyer also has several 30 minutes to fitness weight workouts that are good.

Mary

I am doing Cathe STS strength right now. I do the first disc on Monday, 1/2 of the legs on Tuesday with a HIIT and then the other 1/2 legs on Thursday with a HIIT and then back/bis wed. Just an idea. The HIIT with the legs is a great workout, it's like getting some bonus legs with the plyos and some bonus cardio with the legs. If that makes sense.

I love 4d's. Kelley coffey meyer also has several 30 minutes to fitness weight workouts that are good.

Mary

mary, i love the way you split up the legs and created an upper/lower split using STS. i may give it a try after my much needed break. how long have you been doing this split?

I am doing one body part a day using the Gym Styles and the HiiT work outs fit in very well. One body part and one short cardio (no more then 30 mins) every morning and I am done with an awesome work out in 60 minutes or less! :)

Don't forget that HiiT is primarily working the legs, so what you could do is take a workout like Power Hour or ME or Muscle Max and edit out the leg weight training section and just do the remaining upper body and core work. That would come closer to being a 1 hour workout. Save leg training until a cardio free day, to get the most out of it.

Clare

Try Kelly Coffey-Meyer 30 minutes to Fitness workouts. She has several and they have great strength training for 30 minutes and pre-mixes also. I think she is comparable to Cathe!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.