Weight Watchers - 3rd week of March 2011

Hey, Ladies. Happy Wednesday. Todays workout was Step Moves. I earned 8aps.

I had to bring my breakfast to work today. So, as I was just about to crack my yogurt open, a co-worker came up and gave me a water and a sausage cheese biscuit thanking me for something Id done the day before. Well, I decided to accept it b/c this person hardly ever does nice things like that. Well, my 5 pp breakfast turned into a 12 pp one. While I was eating it, I thought, "wow, my small act of kindness really touched him enough for him to spend money on me." lol It blew me away. However, I've had to adjust my plan to accomodate it.

B. sausage, cheese biscuit - 12
s. banana - maybe - 0
l. salad, mexican lasagna - 10
s. apple, yogurt, collards - 2
d. chile, nuggets, small candy -11
total: 35

Elaine, I like your attitude, too.

Stacy, Im glad you're gonna stop being a slug cause I don't want to have to come pour salt on you. Let me join your challenge. I want a new WWer Attitude, too. And, a little competition it good. So, are we going for the most lost by 4/16 or what? I'm excited. it's not too long from now, so it'll be easy to stay focused.

Hi Ladies,

Popping in for some motivation! I've kind of fallen off the WW wagon yet again. I'm inconsistent with logging my food, and I know this is only hurting me. I say I'm doing WW but am lackadaisical at best. I'm only hurting myself...and simply need to change my attitude. I chose WW for a couple reasons; I'm an overeater and WW really helps me to manage my food intake and make better choices, secondly it has worked for me in the past. I just need to be more positive and follow the program!

Shereta-I have the GS and STS series. I love them both. I've done 3 rounds of STS (3 1/2 month rotation) and believe me, you will see results from STS. Meso 2 is my favorite although Meso 3 is awesome too, and it has the plyo leg w/o's! Great series all around. I just purchased the tower and like Stacy, feel it is really necessary for Meso 3, even Meso 2. If you have a weight bench, that would work too. Not sure how would handle the sausage biscuit....would hate to throw it away and have the cowork see it in the garbage. You adjusted your daily intake as needed. Kudos to you!

Stacy-sorry you are wavering in your efforts too. I'm up for a 5# weightloss challenge. When I first lost weight with WW, it took me 9 months to lose 17#'s. I'm a slow loser with a slow metabolism. I keep reminding myself that I can't out exercise a poor diet.

Melissa-I'll work out for you. Hope your injury heals soon. Hang in there. Your meals look great!

Elaine-it sounds like you have a morton's nueroma. I had one too. It prevented me from running for about 5 years, until I went to a Dr. who knew what the problem was. I also had a cortisone shot and thought it was a miracle as I was pain free for about a week. I finally had surgery on it this last December and am pain free now.

Linda-welcome to our checkin! We are a positive group who support each other through our ups and downs, literally.:D

Have a great day ladies!

Thank you so much everyone for your warm welcomes!

I'm doing WW online because I just don't have time for meetings with a full-time job, a 13 year-old son, a 5 year-old stepson and a 3 year-old daughter...lol I lost about 30 lbs by following WW last year and fell off the wagon once baseball season started for my son. I just had the hardest time getting back into following the plan or working out for that matter. I gain weight VERY quickly and ended up gaining about 40 lbs between May and October of last year! Imagine that!! :(

I finally got into the right mindset this past January and joined WW again and so far I've lost 17 lbs!!! :D The good thing about gaining quickly is that I lose just as quickly! I'm working on my 1RM's so I can start STS sometime within the next few weeks... I can't wait! so psyched! I try my best to eat all my points, but I must admit, I find it to be very difficult to do it in a healthy way! I've read your daily menus and they look awesome, so I'm definitely going to try to add some things that you all eat!

I'm very happy to join this journey with you!

Linda

Linda: Your kids must keep you busy. I loved STS when I did the 31/2month rotation. I didn't see any weight loss with it but some strength gain for sure!

Diana: Yes it is a morton's neuroma. I've had it for a year. I am going to go through 3 rounds of cortisone shots. It wasn't that painfull anymore just a nagging twinge and numbness. I too, want to run some 5ks this year and the neuroma was causing too much numbness that I decided to do something about it. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the shots and an orthotic works. I don't do well with surgeries. I tend to reject the stitches and end up with a seroma.

Melissa: How are you today?

Suzanne: Hi!

Shereta: that was nice of your fellow co worker to do that for you.

Stacy: 5lb challenge sounds good. Not sure I will make it for April as I seem to be at a plateau.

My weigh in yesterday did not change. I've been at the same weight for 3 weeks. I think I need to tweek my diet and maybe add some more activity. The weather is getting nicer so I'll be able to go for more dog walks and as long as my foot behaves I can start a couch to 5K to ease into running again.

Menu:
B: oats,blueberries,flax agave and hard boiled egg 6pts
L: salmon burger,arnold thin, salad, lite blue cheese dressing
(need to calculate pts) ?7pts
S:apple and sunbutter 5pts
D: tukery (4oz),arnold thin, veggie, 7pts
S:greek nf yogurt(plain),agave syrup, banana 2pts

Linda - welcome aboard!! Good for you losing 17 lbs already. Keep on keepin' on...:D

Elaine - I feel good, thank you for asking. Which makes me more irritated to feel well enough to workout but can't...:mad: Your menu looks superb, btw.

Diana - it matters more if you get back on the wagon than you falling off in the first place.

Shereta - I don't know where you are from and of course, you don't have to tell me but I have people that report to me that are located in our Alabama office. Every time I travel there, I stop and get them all sausage and cheese biscuits the first morning I arrive in the office. They LOVE them and more importantly, feel so appreciated. So you definetly had to eat that biscuit. It warmed my heart hearing that story.

Stacy - I hope you aren't still sluggin' today. You guys are supposed to be working out for me...;)

Suzanne - thanks for the hugs. I know it's for my own good so I'll deal with it!!

BBL to report my menu since I'm not sure what we are having for dinner yet.

Say goodbye to Slugdom!! Today was weigh-in day and I recorded it and we'll move on! The weight I'd like to be at by April 16th is right about 4 lbs from where I am now, so "The 5 lb Challenge" sounds like a good name to me!!

I thought my knee was feeling better, but I bent down to pick something up and ouch! It hasnt really bothered me this long and to this degree in a long, long time. I'm still thinking the impact/plyo from the P90X+ Interval X+ was the culprit. I have Insanity that I've never used and I'm giving very serious thought to just selling it at this point.

B--almonds (4)
L--banana (0)
S--3 peanut butter crackers (3)
D--Lean Cuisine panini (9)

So I'm only at 16 of my 29 DP's. I'm sure I'll have a snack of some sort later. I need to go grocery shopping but aint gonna happen tonight! I do have some raw veggies in the frig and some eggs, maybe an omelet later (??)

I did get my Supreme 90 workout set in the mail today. I'm going to just not worry about working out til this weekend and then I'll start with the chest/back dvd with a walk on the treadmill.

Had some oatmeal with a few almonds...

PP = 26. Not the 29 DP I'm allotted but I'm gonna call it a day there.

Today's workout was STS TB. It was so good to go heavy again. I'm changing my routine to 4 cardios and two heavy weights for at least the next two weeks. Its just time for a change. I ate very heavy yesterday and by the end of the day, I had indegestion. Im feeling better today, though.

Stacy, Intensity is very easily modified. Ive had several days when that was the only way I could get through it. And, it has some good premixes. Just a thought..... I'm all in the 5lb challenge.

B. yogurt, cereal - 7
s. banana, peanuts - 2
l. salad, LC spaghetti, pudding - 10
s. yogurt, peanuts, apple - 6
d. salmon, broc salad, rice - 13
total: 38

Last edited:
Hi everone! I was posting my dinner to WW earlier and was :eek: to see that I've used up my weekly points! Ooops.

Now that I'm back to working out I find myself hungry more often.

Rest day today. I've got DOMS all over. I'm due for some bi's and tri's. Hoping to squeeze that in tomorrow.

I did a 30min dog walk for my workout.

Here is my menu for today:

B: oats,strawberries,flax,agave syrup and 2 egg whites 5pts
S: banana
L: chicken breast 2.5oz,arnold thin, ff mayo,celery,carrots, fresh pineapple 5pts
S:apple,sunbutter,rice crackers 7pts
D:chicken breast 2.5,brown rice,summer squash, light blue cheese dressing, almonds, grapfruit 7pts
S:ff plain greek yogurt,agave syrup, banana and hot chocolate sugar free 5pts

That's a total of 30 DPs

Knee is still hurting :(

B--banana and pretzels
L--carrots, celery, yogurt and dip
D--KFC chicken

DP=30.

Awwwww, Stacy , sorry about your knee.

Today's workout was Intensity. Last time i had to stop after 45 minutes or so. And, someone told me I'd finish it the next time. Well, thanks a lot for saying that b/c it stayed with me when I got to 15 minutes left. I wanted to stop, but I kept saying it to myself and I finished it all. I was so happy. I earned 12 APs. woohooo

b. yogurt, cereal - 6
s. banana, peanuts - 4
l. popcorn, spinach casserole, pudding - 12
s. yogurt, apple - 2
d. salmon, spinach casserole - 10
S. icecream - 4
total - 38

Good Morning Ladies,

To be honest, I've been avoiding the scale. This morning I decided to bite the bullet and weigh myself. Yikes, I'm up 2.5lbs. Simply seeing that number again is enough to get my butt in gear and start logging my food and weighing daily again for a bit. Also preparing my food on Sunday's works for me. Planning and preparation are key! Funny, it's so much easier to say than to do. I want to thank all you ladies for your motivation and determination. It certainly helps having this checkin.

Today will be challenging for sure. We are taking a coworker out to lunch for her last day and are also going out for dinner/drinks at a local karaoke bar. Breakfast and lunch should be fine, dinner/drinks is where it goes to heck. I'm going to have a glass of water between each drink and try to stick to 2 drinks max.

Shereta-that was me....I knew you could finish Intensity the next time you did it. Way to go!!!

Stacy-sorry your knee is still bothering you.

Elaine-our temps are getting better so it should be easier to get in a 2nd w/o at lunch. By the way, I tried the sunbutter and it is delicious. Thanks for the recommendation. I've been alternating almond butter and sunbutter.

Suzanne-glad you are getting back into your w/o's. It probably feels great to be back to your normal schedule.

TGIF!!

Well, Ladies, I'm checking in this evening with my head hanging low. Monday's my official weighin day, but I decided to weigh in this morning just to see where I stand. I wasnt happy. Only .5 lb was gone. I worked hard this week to do good and see major results. I was frustrated, but still ate well today . When I got home I realized that last weighin I was up 1.5lbs, so my .5 loss this morning really meant I'd already lost 2lbs since Monday .

I started smiling and headed for the kitchen. Bad mistake. I should have headed to the laundry room to work on this weeks dirty clothes. My tummy is now full of vanilla wafers, brownie, doritoes, ice cream, peanut butter and chocolate syrup. Yes, in that order. I don't know what happened ...... For shame, for shame, for shame......

I believe that self sabotage means I don't believe I'm worth the results of successful weight loss. I think Im worth it, but then I loose my mind and binge. Yall know I get treats everyday with this plan. So, why would I loose my mind like this?

Imax 3 is going to whoop my butt in the morning because I've not taking care of my body by feeding it junk. Thats what happens to me. When I eat bad or dont get enough rest, I can hardly keep up with Cathe. Man, Im so mad at myself right now.

Okay, enough of that - I realize I've got to just deal with it, push the water, stay busy on my feet cleaning and tidying up the rest of the evening to keep my body moving and keep plugging away at my weightloss goals.

Thanks for listening....

Last edited:
Shereta: (((HUGS))) We've all been there. Get up dust yourself off, not all is lost. Keep smiling and believing!!:D

Hey if IMax3 doesnt kick your butt then I will personally come over and do it!! ;)

Shereta, we've all been there. You're human. I've had a few bad weeks so I can relate. But, like others have said, dust yourself off, drink alot of water and move on. It's a bump in the road.

I have to follow my own advice as well. Yesterday I went out with the girls at lunch and then had pizza for dinner. Last night when I went to track my points, one day alone put me in the negative/minus 6 for my WP's already and it was only Friday!! My "week" goes Wed-Wed :(
All I can do is try to eat at my DP's for the remainder of the week, and mentally I may shave a few points off each day to account for the -6. I know you're not supposed to do that, but I still might. I honestly dont get enough AP's to compensate either, especially now that my knee is hurting.

But I WILL workout today...I got my new Supreme 90 workout set in the mail the other day!

Yikes, threats to kick my butt. wow. Me likes it. lol. Thanks Stacy and Elaine. I have dusted myself off and guess what - Im down another .5 pounds. This is pure craziness. That icecream cleaned me totally out. Hope that's not too graffic. hahaha

I cant do Im3 today b/c Intensity and Im3 are both interval cardio. that's a fitness no-no of doing them back to back. So, I will do Athletic Step and some of Body Max 2 steady state.

BBL.

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies,

As disappointed as I was with my weight yesterday, magically the 2.5#'s was gone this morning. I don't get it, but am happy about it just the same. Yesterday I had my normal breakfast, went out to lunch but opted for a cobb salad, had leftover pasta for dinner...and then went out for karaoke and drank light beer and danced.

Not sure what my w/o will be for today, leaning towards a total body weight training and a steady state cardio.

Shereta-sorry you had a bad day....but at least the rest of know you are human too. Bingeing happens to the best of us . You are back on track and that's all that matters.

Stacy-at lunch yesterday, their "healthy menu items" were like 4 different types of pizza. I can't hang with all the carbs, but then opted for leftover pasta last night. You are being accountable by counting your points, its all we can do.

Enjoy the day ladies!

Back to say Athletic step fried my quads. My endurance was on point today. I thought the bingeing would kill my energy, but energy was fine. I even did the first segemnt of BM2 on 8in step. I lowered back to 6in for the second segment. Then I was done. I earned 16 APs. Yeah

hahaha Stacy, you dont get to kick my butt today!

B. peanuts
L. Spinach casserole

Thats all I've gotten in so far. Off to Walmart.

BBL

Shereta.....good thing my knee is sore, I doubt I'd be a good butt kicker ;) Good job on the workout. I have Athletic Step and have previewed it, but have yet to try it. Seems like whenever I'm in the mood to do it, my knee isnt!

I did try my 1st Supreme 90 workout today, Chest and Back. Like the reviews I read, it's WAY too fast so I had to pause it. It wasnt really too much of a pain to keep pausing b/c you the workout has you pairing up a chest and back exercise and doing 8-12 reps of each for 3 cycles, so once I knew the paired set, I paused it and used a challenging weight for 12 reps. I then walked an hour on the treadmill at varying inclines. Since I cant do impact right now and I had the time today, figured I'd do a longer walk.

B--oatmeal with almonds (4)
L--2 eggs (4)

That's all I've got so far too, but I plan on eating a light dinner to make up in some way for my crappy eating day yesterday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.