Weight Watchers - 1st week of January

story1267

Cathlete
Group!

Hello and greetings. I thought I'd just start a thread here for those interested from the OD thread.

Anyone is welcome, please feel free to drop in with your updates and questions....anything!

I am absolutely brand-new to Weight Watchers - I literally just signed up last night so I am trying to make heads or tails of the website and understand what's available there.

This awesome website was provided by a kind person in the OD thread.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/

LOTS of recipes with the old and the new system points and recipes listed by number of points.

I'm sure there are a zillion recipes on the WW site but, at the moment, I'm finding the site a little overwhelming......

I'm so glad to see this thread!! Thanks for getting it started, Suzanne. I'm looking forward to chatting with my fellow Cathlete/WW'ers...:D

A little background on me...

I've been a Cathlete since 2003. Have been on 3 RT's so far (super-fun). I've had success with WW in the past and started again mid-November, about 2 weeks prior to the new program. I lost 3 lbs in the first two weeks then stayed the same thoughout December. With all the holiday parties and such, I'm okay with that...:p

So, for the past week I've been diligently tracking my points and have lost 3.5 lbs, which I find very encouraging and motivating. I'll try to figure out how to get the cathe weight loss tracker in my signature within the next few days.

Happy New Year everyone!!

Hi Melissa! Yay! Happy to see you here. I think from past postings that you and I are geographically close. I used to live in northeastern Mass until I got re-married. Now I'm north of the border with the cows!

It was Katie (ricklyk1) from the OD thread who provided the excellent recipe website - just want to give credit where credit's due.

You've inspired me to find that weight tracker....it's in Cathe Fun. When I saw that I said "oh, aaaaah, I don't want to do that!!!" and then figured I'd better. :eek: Accountability is all.

I am a bit of a fluttering flybaby www.flylady.net and I happen to have a 10 minute attention span so I have been racking up Activity Points today with my housework.

I did the tracker but it doesn't appear in my signature...not sure why.....

Can't wait to see what actual workouts add up to!

Last edited:
Hi Suzanne.

Yes, I remember that now! I am in northeastern Mass, just on the NH border.

Thanks for the tip on where to find the weight tracker. I didn't really want to post it in my signature either, but I guess it's one more way to stay accountable. Mine didn't show at first, then I went into User CP and Edit Signature and it was in there. I just clicked on the "update signature" button and presto, there it is. My actual weigh-in day is Sunday so hopefully I'll have to adjust it again...;)

DH and DD are snacking in the living room and I can hear them crunching away. I don't even know what their eating and that's probably a good thing. I think I'll surf around for a little while until the snack-coast is clear...:p

Hi Ladies,

I am also doing WW, for like the 5th time. It works everytime but I just struggle with maintenance. I have about 20lbs to lose and would love it if I could maintain the loss. It's quite frustrating as I'm a slow loser. For example, it took me 9 months to lose 17lbs on my first go round with WW. I'm hypothyroid so my dr. said that slow loss is to be expected. I think the new program will definitely help though. All the free fruits and veggies...yum. I hadn't had a banana in about 9 mos or so.

Is anyone following a rotation? I'm starting STS 3 1/2 mo program today. I had surgery to remove a Morton's Neuroma on my right foot on Dec 13th and can't do any high impact for 3 more weeks. The cardio will be low impact Cathe or my elliptical for a while.

Suzanne-thanks for the recipe link. I'm going to go check that out. I have a famiy and its always difficult to make everyone happy at meal time. Wow, you use flylady and think the WW site is overwhelming. It would be nice if I could follow the flylady system, the furthest I got was getting rid of the drain and keeping the sink clean.:p

Melissa-I've been on 2 road trips myself. Most recently in San Diego and then several years ago in NJ. Nice job tracking and losing this week. As I've been in boot for my foot since the 13th, I haven't been to a meeting or weighed at WW. I weighed at home yesterday my weight is the same as it was the day of my surgery. Can't complain about that.;)

Here's to our Happy Healthy Weight Loss in 2011!

I am so excited to see a Cathe/WW Points Plus Check in. Hopefully, there is room for another Diane....

I lost 80 pounds on the points program in 1998 and was a leader for 5 years. I went back to work full-time and started gaining it back. I went back 2 years ago and have been on maintenance for the last 16 months. However, my goal weight was set 20 pounds higher than I really wanted to be. I am starting the new program on Monday and can't wait to discover the in and outs of the program. I have noticed that you will get more bang for your points by sticking to non-processed products. My favorite 1 pount bread is now 2 points and my sandwich went from 4 points to 6. Yikes!

Diana-I am waiting for Cathe to post her rotation before I commit to STS again. I am also a walker and love to get my cardio outside. I have 48 year old knees so they don't spring like they used to!

Melissa-I also live with snakers! The difference between their snacking and mine is they stop when they have had enough and I stop when the bag is empty! Looking forward to getting portions under control.

Suzanne-I tried a few years back to keep up with the flylady but it also overwhelmed me. I love looking for recipes so I can't wait to explore Gina site.

Good Luck Everyone. Today I plan on researching E-tools and getting the junk out of the house. I think the easiest way will be to dump in outside trash can. Out of site out of mind!!!

Happy New Year's everyone!

Suzanne - I see you got your weight tracker is working!!

Diana - That's awesome that you've been on 2 RT's. They are so much fun. So you've pretty much maintained your weight since your surgery? That's great. Sometimes staying the same is just as gratifying as losing.

Diane - Wow, 80 lbs! That's quite impressive. I wasn't too happy about my fave bread going up either. But it makes me find other options which is a good thing. Trying to curb the snacking is my hurdle. There is no way I'm going to count out x amount of pretzels. I'll take the whole bag, thank you very much, and stop when I feel like it. Not good!! The only time it really bothers me is around 8:30 at night. I just keep having to tell myself to make it through the night!!!

So Diana asked if anyone was following a rotation. I'm not at the moment. I finished STS last month and while I got some results, it made me realize that what I really need to do is lose weight. I'm going to see what Cathe comes out with today because I would think her January rotation would be built around losing some lbs. If not, I think I'll just do a cardio/circuit rotation and see how that goes. So with that being said, I'm off to do either cardio or a circuit. I could use a good sweat right about now...:cool:

Have a great day everyone!!

Diana - your comment about the sink made me laugh out loud! I definitely "flutter".

Diane - that recipe site is spectacular...I've been looking around on it all day (instead of cleaning,LOL).

Melissa - thanks for your instructions on the weight tracker...I had a feeling I was missing a step.

Sunday is my weigh in day and I don't expect to see any change since I technically just joined a few days ago and it hasn't been a week yet.

But, this time, I'm just going to go with the flow and not worry over every.single.thing. It's perfectionism that's gotten me into most of my troubles and I have to let it go.

My resolution for 2011 is Get With The Programs! For me that means ACTUALLY following flylady instead of just reading the emails and sometimes shining the sink and still I'm cleaning constantly :eek:. And Weight Watchers. I've maintained about a 20-30 lb loss over the past 10 years (since my divorce - now there's a weight loss program!). But it's still too much and I know I'm deceiving myself about my choices.

Also, I'm really cheap, so spending money on something is going to make me want to be that much more "with it" so I don't feel like I'm wasting.

Good night everyone!

Hi everyone!

I'm a WW lifetime member, although I stopped following the program rigorously about 2 years ago. I managed to maintain for the most part, but marathon training 2 years ago caused me to gain about 5-7 pounds that I've struggled to lose ever since. I started doing WW again a few weeks ago when the new program was introduced and I'm excited to be back with it, but now I'm having to deal with the setback of a broken ankle and not being able to work out the way I'm used to, so I'm back to having to watch every single point like a hawk and making sure I don't veer from the program at all.

After 5 weeks on the new system, I've FINALLY lost half a pound, so maybe my body's finally adjusting to it. Yay! Hoping the next few weeks will bring more results, especially now that I'm cleared to start incorporating a bit more cardio.

Hi everyone!

I am still on the fence about rejoining WW. My question to those of you following the new program: is it overwhelming to count points the "new" way?

Melissa-I use eTools so it's pretty straight forward. Also, WW has pocket calculator for the new Points Plus program. I haven't seen the handy slide they used to have though.

JenniferMarie-I recently had surgery on my foot and can't do any impact work. I'm struggling right along with you. I'm a terrible chocoholic and eat chocolate chips out of the bag. Hopefully we can work through our issues together. I was doing WW while training for a marathon and didn't lose any weight either, it was quite disappointing.

Hi everyone!

I am still on the fence about rejoining WW. My question to those of you following the new program: is it overwhelming to count points the "new" way?

If you're already sticking to mostly unprocessed or minimally processed foods, I'd say it's not too big of an adjustment. The points for clean foods are, for the most part, pretty much the same. It's the points for the refined foods that have jumped most dramatically.

JenniferMarie-I recently had surgery on my foot and can't do any impact work. I'm struggling right along with you. I'm a terrible chocoholic and eat chocolate chips out of the bag. Hopefully we can work through our issues together. I was doing WW while training for a marathon and didn't lose any weight either, it was quite disappointing.

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about your injury too :(. I'm glad we can lean on each other for support, though! (And btw, I am a fellow chocoholic, YUM!!)

I keep being told that I'll be stronger than ever after I'm recovered. I sure hope so!

First weigh in today even though it wasn't a full week. Not too shabby but I did expect a difference just based on the time of day.

I think it would be wonderful if WW had Activity Tracker data for even a few of Cathe's workouts. I'm sure I can make it up but it's really nice to be able to just click-and-go.

Good morning everyone!

Suzanne - 4lbs and not even a full week?!?! That's awesome!!!

Boy am I glad it's Monday. Not because I had to come back to work, but because my eating is more controlled when I'm here than at home. I can only eat what I bring with me...:)

I went online last night and planned all of my meals/snacks through Wednesday so I feel good about that. And my goal this week is to get in more water. Baby steps...:D

Have a great day everyone!

Hi everybody!

Love reading everyone's stories! Good luck to all of you on this journey!

I'm a lapsed lifetime WW member who decided to rejoin today. I've been doing the online program for a few months, but joined the "physical" (meetings) program so I could get the hardcopy materials and the handy dandy points calculator. While I was there I picked up some of the latest food products (snack bars & smoothies). I think I will do the physical program for a month or so, then go back to the online program.

rmrmr - You mentioned the slide -- I asked about it today. The leader said they don't make them any more because the formula to calculate PointsPlus values is too complex (requires 4 numbers that aren't related to each other), compared to the old Points values (required 3 numbers, of which 2, calories and fat, had a direct relationship, so it was easy to design a slide to allow you to line them all up). To get the values for specific foods that aren't in the WW database, if you don't have access to the online points calculator, you have to use the electronic points calculator. (That being said, their database and printed materials are pretty good, so it's possible to be succesful without the calculator.)

A bit about me - I got to my WW goal, 133 lbs, in 2000 and got my lifetime designation. Shortly afterwards, I became pregnant and have not seen 133 lbs since. Last April I hit 172 lbs and nudged that down to 151 lbs by mid-July with the help of clean eating, Cathe and INSANITY. This morning I weighed in at 157, the result of too much holiday indulgence. I am feeling pretty keen and fired up right now. I'm still waiting for my new Cathe DVDs and calendar (for the DVDs, customer support was kind enough to mail me a second set because I hadn't received my order after 3 weeks) and I think those will also help with my motivation.

Stebby

Welcome Stebby! Hope everyone is having a great week so far. Feels like forever until the weekend and "they" are threatening snow again in the northeast.

Suzanne: Thanks so much for starting this check-in. You're wonderful!

I'm feeling uninspired with food lately but I'd like to start making bean salads (black bean, lentil, chickpea) for lunch and dinner but not sure where to go for recipes - does anyone have suggestions? Actually, any suggestions for a delicious vegetarian cookbook with nutrition info would be appreciated.

How's everyone doing with snacks? My favourite snack is the Lunch Pail Muffin from the Tosca Reno Clean Eating for Kids cookbook - only 2 pts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.