Yes, AnneMa, all bets are off now. And you really have to focus on tightening your diet up and eating clean with a low carb diet (no white sugars or white anything, and any carbs you do eat should be complex), major portion control, and for me the key is making my last meal of the day the lightest meal. I call it my "snack" meal. And that does the trick for me. And for me no snacking, the only time I break that rule is for little pieces of veggies. If I snack I tend to go overboard about it and not have self-control, as now with menopause approaching I have more of a ravenous appetite. I'm not necessarily hungry its just that I LOVE and crave food more now. But if I stick to this even that will eventually dissapate. And I'm back to my good tiny size that I'm used to. I will then have 1 or 2 cheat days a week on the weekends. One being better and I really try not to go overboard about it. Say add a nice full restaurant meal with a dessert. Or a day where I include a dessert. Here's sample meal plan that I have Mon to Friday:
1. BREAKFAST: Green Smoothie
• baby spinach or chard or kale or lettuce, baby carrots, sometimes cucumber or celery, sprouted ground flax seed, spirulina (for protein and iron), camu camu (for vitamin C to absorb the iron), open some probiotic capsules in it, sometimes I add royal jelly in honey (but if I'm really trying to lose I don't include it) some berries (I try to use ONLY berries as their low glycemic, and only a VERY little bit, IF I really want to bring down my weight fast I don't include berries at all), whey protein powder (I try for unflavored with no sugar added, sometimes I've used flavoured with Sucralose but the artificial sweetener causes me to have an insatiable need to EAT! horrible, or I try Optimum Nutrition's Natural Whey which is flavoured with sugar but it's at 3g and is very negligible, can barely taste the sweetness OR Costco's Whey though flavoured and with sucralose it's such a light dusting that I can handle it).
• this is a minimal carb meal
2. LUNCH: Half of a Small Beef Burritto
• has all the veggies in there and I pass on the rice.
• this is a minimal carb meal
3. DINNER: Small Slice of Frittatta with a tiny salad OR Tomato soup with 1 slice of Multigrain Toast
• the Frittatta made up of a base of eggs with tuna, diced onions, diced orange pepper, baby spinach, chopped tomatoes and sometimes some cheese and milk or 10% cream
• the Frittata meal is a no carb meal
• the Tomato soup meal is a carb meal because of the bread but low enough for me with just 1 slice
I don't try to go no carb as I don't think that's healthy over time and my body needs a bit of carb for fuel. But I do try to be wise about my carb choices. I rarely do potatoes or sweet potatoes as that's HIGH glycemic and my body KNOWS it!! lol!
If I keep to this meal plan from Monday to Friday I'm golden. My weight is perfect which is willowy, my muscles cut and buff, and my little tummy is practically almost pre-peri trim and buff. Then I can cheat "mildly" on the weekend and be fine. If I cheat with desserts 3 days in a row, I'm screwed!!
If only 1 to 2 days (2 days is still pushing it for me) I'm golden!!
I hope this helps!