We may have a new family member

fit44

Cathlete
We placed a deposit with a bullmastiff breeder several months ago and just found out the mother did not conceive. :(They are planning to try again for a fall pregnancy, but we did not want to raise a puppy in the winter months. It's too challenging for me to socialize the pup the way I would like with snow and the cold weather.
I've been visiting kennels and putting feelers out to different breeders and we "think" we have found our little girl. She is a Dogue de Bordeaux aka french mastiff.
We are going to drive to meet her this weekend (9 hour drive one way), and if all goes well, we will be bringing her home with us. :)

I'm nervous, excited, happy, hopeful, and a little sad. I think about my baby girl that is waiting for me in heaven and I miss her.

Anyway, here are pictures of the girl we are visiting this weekend. She is 16 weeks old, crate trained, has all her puppy shots, and as started potty training. Oh, she weighs 40lbs already! :D

We want to name her Isabella, after the French queen Isabella.:cool:

ry%3D480
ry%3D480
ry%3D480

Last edited:
She is absolutely beautiful! Good luck this weekend. I hope it all works out and you bring your new Isabella home.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I share the same feelings as you as we had to put down our 13 yr old chocolate lab recently due to cancer (a tumor had ruptured) and have been heartbroken. We decided to love again and put a deposit on a charcoal female lab puppy and will get her mid August when she is 8 weeks old. I have gone through the same feelings as you, but know that our baby boy would never want to see us sad.

I will definitely need some puppy advice from you as it has been a while. I'm already working on puppy-proofing the house - with 8 & 5 yr old daughters there is so much stuff a new puppy can get into :D

I'm so happy for you, enjoy all the love and happiness a puppy can bring. Love that puppy breath!!! :p

Cynthia..I understand all the mixed emotions you are feeling. Isabella will bring you so much joy and love! Mercedes would want that for you!

Isabella is gorgeous and that face is just too cute for words!! :)

Oh that face just makes you melt! I have to believe you will be coming home with her. Congratulations!

Pam

What a cutie!! You can tell you will get so many wonderful wet kisses from her!! :eek: :p Love the name too! Good luck and hope all goes smoothly this weekend. :)

She has got the most adorable face! I am sure you will love her.

We got our 2nd dog when she was 16 weeks old and named her Isabel.

Annie

Aaaw!! She's gonna be HUGE is she's a pup at 40lbs already! She'll be such a good snuggle dog!! hehe:p:D I can't wait to get a pup of my own! She's so cute!

OMG, how cute is she? I hope everything works out and you are able to bring her into your family. Good luck to you. I agree with Gayle. Mercedes would definitely approve.

What a sweet, sweet pup. She has the look of an angel in her face. I totally agree with the above - Mercedes would 100% be jumping up and down for you in heaven if it works out. I have found that it is like a part of my beloved animals, who have passed on, come back to me in little bits in new members of the family. And I never actively seek these pets - they find me. They don't replace of course - nobody would want that - but they serve as very happy reminders. I will be hoping for the same for you :)

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!! Cynthia so cute!!! You KNOW I've been anxiously waiting for you and your new puppy. I hope it is a perfect match. Although with a face like that how can anyone not fall so deeply in love.

I adores the Mastiff breeds! What an expressive face she has! I hope she comes home with you this weekend! I can't wait to find out!

I wanted to thank everyone for the thoughtful messages and all the good vibes. I knew you would all understand how I was feeling. Mercedes meant so much to me. She made me a better person and I will never forget how wonderful it was to be with her.:)

The visit with the Bordeaux breeder went very well. We brought Isabella home with us last night.:D She is so precious!

I'm very tired from the long drive and haven't had a lot of time to take photos, but I wanted to post a close up of this little girl's eyes.
We have fallen completely in love with this little girl!
ry%3D400

This "little" Isabella girl is absolutely beautiful. All the best for a long and happy life together. You can never replace the one you have lost but you can always give another one a happy and loving home.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.