Waxing!!!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hey Ladies.

I am not a waxer. The only thing I wax regularly are my eyebrows. I've never even attempted any other body part. I am making an appointment though to have my bikini line, under arms and legs all done at once. I guess I am into self-torture! LOL This is actually a "test run" to see how I feel about it and if I want to continue doing any or all of it. I am especially interested in having those particular areas waxed prior to leaving on vacation this summer.

SO....I guess I want to hear about your experiences. Am I nuts for doing it all at once the first time or is it better this way cause if I leave I may never go back!? LOL

Talk to me girls!:)

I think it depends on your on pain threshold...LOL. To get all of that done will probably take close to an hour...if not more. Generally, areas that you have never had waxed but have shaved tend to hurt more the first time. Shaving toughens the follicle and makes the hair 'harder' to get out. Not that they'll have any problem..just that it will hurt more.}( Also, I know for me, my hair starts to grow back right away. Most places will usually only wax every 4 weeks. That's 4 weeks of the hair on my legs growing out...not pretty. I'm Italian and have pretty dark hair so if you're fairer that may not be an issue for you.:)

Tiggy, I suggest you start drinking heavily, stat :p

I am also in the "just eyebrows" club. I had the bikini area done once and thought I was gonna die. I know people do get used to it but I am just so low maintenance with most of those things...not that you are high maintenance...or are you? *wink wink*

So are you going to parade around and show us the results? Hee.

Debbie

Adults are always asking kids what they want to be when they grow up because they are looking for ideas.
--Paula Poundstone

I find waxing consistently painful, but the woman I used to go to assured me everyone else finds it less painful over time. I only did the bikini line, though.

PS: Speaking of waxing, I tried a new product this weekend and waxed off almost my ENTIRE left eyebrow. :)

I regularly get brows and lip done, but all last summer I regularly got the nether regions waxed. It definitely gets less painful as you have it done more. The first time you may have the tears going, but it does get easier. The lady who does my waxing always recommeded to take ibuprofin 1/2 hour before your appointment ;-)
HTH
Eren

The arm pits hurt . If she/ he holds the skin very tight it is not as bad. It is like pulling the hair off w/ duct tape.
Also, I do my own bikinu all the time. The skin being tight has alot to do with it. It does hurt, but no razor burn. You will most likely be given paper panties that do not cover much.
If you are goin to be embarrased . Don't do it. I tell my clients this. I am there to wax and that is it.
It only takes me about a 1/2 hr to do both. Eyes take about 5 minutes if that if you do it right.

Good luck.
Go for it...
Anne

Oh dear ladies...Now I'm nervous! Maybe I should just do one area at a time! I don't know if I can handle that much time in pain! I mean...I did it during labor and delivery but that was a much better "PRIZE" in the end! LOLOL

Okay...which should I brave first? Basic bikini, underarms or say...HALF of each leg to start??

Hey Wendy-
For bikini waxing i think it depends on if you are doing just the bikini line or a full brazilian.Just the basic bikini wax to me was not that bad-but oh my gosh-the brazilian i was sweating.I thought it was worse than labor-and i have had 2 babies all natural w/no drugs.}( but i guess it prob varies for each person-you know!
:)

>Chemo gave me the best Brazillian of my life. LOL!
>
>Susan L.G.
Susan, this cracked me up. You have a great attitude.

Oh boy Wendy, did your post come at the perfect time! I am an eyebrow/chin waxer. I do it myself. But I have never done it anywhere else.

However, I do have an island vacation in my near future and was contemplating getting my bikini area done. So my vote is this, get your bikini area done first so that you can report back to me with how much it hurts!!!}( Then, I'll decide if I'm going to have mine done!!!;-)

My SIL regularly waxes her armpits and she hasn't fessed up to the pain level, but she loves it. No "shadow" as she puts it.

Good luck to you! And I definetly want an update!!!

Melissa

red_mct, I feel your pain. I once waxed off half of my right eyebrow!!

Thankfully I have long bangs and they sweep to the right so I was able to conceal it until it grew back!

It was absolutely horrifying, but now it's pretty darn funny!

Melissa

I love waxing..... I've had my brows and bikini done for years, even had a brazillian for DH's 40th birthday surprise. I did my pits for a while, but IMHO it hurts more than anything and I couldn't stand the grow out. I've never done legs because since I have very little hair on them (about the only place!)

Give it a try and see what you think. Definately take the ibuprofin before and definately try it well in advance of the vacation!

Good luck! ~jasper

I had a bikini wax done once.Never again! I almost wouldn't let her do the other side! I always get my eyebrows done with no problems. I never thought about my armpits.
Ellen

My waxer said to try taking a Tylenol or Advil about an hour before. Personally, I don't find it painful at all, but I have a pretty high pain threshold.

I get Brazilian waxes done. It does hurt like heck!! But when all the pulling and hair snatching is done, my husband and I love it!! I also feel cleaner this way.If you don't have a high threshold for pain, get 1 body part done, then maybe she can fit you in again the next day for the rest . Good Luck.

Wendy,
I started getting my bikini line waxed last year. (It's the only area I have done, so I can't speak for the others.) I take two Aleve beforehand, and it is honestly not bad IMO. (I was *very* apprehensive as I kept having horrible flashbacks of that ol' torture machine The Epilady. LOL) Anyway, last time I went, I even forgot to take the Aleve. Slightly uncomfortable but manageable. I think I probably wouldn't have it all done it one shot, though, the first time.

~Cathy :)

Those who indulge...bulge!

http://www.cartooncottage.com/images/scalestranslil.gif

A lot depends on your waxer, as well. I get a brazilian wax done every 6 weeks or so. I go to a high-end spa (it's worth spending extra on) and they use lavendar wax (no cloth strips) - it's more gentle. Not painful at all. Done in about 15 minutes - and, as others have indicated, the more you do it, the less pain (and the less regrowth). Once you've done it, you won't go back. I find eyebrows and legs more painful, although none of it is particularly "painful." Just be sure to go to a good place, and you'll be fine.

Thank you ladies!

Well for some reason I have chosen to start with my armpits....I think b/c it's actually the smallest area of all of them. I will go for the bikini next...unless the armpits scare me away! LOL I may rethink the legs though. Not so sure that is worth it so much.

I'll post when it's done and tell y'all how painful it was for me! LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.