Waxing!!!

i get waxed all the time. brazilian and all. just like the nice smooth feel. the only problem is in the warmer weather. you have to wait for the hair to grow out. i have to admit, i give into shaving my legs. it hurt at first, now i find myself just used to it.

my thoughts are on laser....

I have been doing my eyebrows and upper lip for a long time now, and, like everyone else says, it does get better with time. I attempted the bikini myself and it was not a good idea, so I was glad to see that you are having it professionally done.
I also have my eye on the laser now, but until then, let us know how it goes!
Calee

I've been an eyebrow person for about 4 years now and decided to foray into the bikini area last December. The first time, it's actually a good idea if you shave several weeks in advance, so the hair isn't super long....that's what hurts the most. Another thing my waxer recommends is that if you go during TTOM, your skin is more sensitive and it hurts more. The first couple of times I went, it actually wasn't bad, but the last time was accidentally during TTOM and teared up a little!

DH really doesn't care one way or the other, but I prefer the bikini wax and can't ever see myself trying the brazilian wax! I just don't like all the wolf-hairs peeking out!!!

I've read that it's a good idea to schedule waxings for a certain time of the month (post period? That, I can't remember?) because ones pain threshold is higher than.

I use a epilator device on my armpits (no shadow, can easily touch up whenever I want). It stings a bit, but you get used to it. I also have used it in the nether region (just on the area that goes beyond the pantyline, NOT for a Brazilian) and it's not too bad, unless I accidentally get too much hair at once.

Is there anyway you can have both sides done at once? Like with tag-team waxers? Then you couldn't chicken out after the first side, if it hurts like Hades!

I would think it depends on how coarse your hair is. I have blond, fine hair and wax my bikini area myself. It's no biggie. I also have been epilating my legs for years - and I think I'm the only one. It kind of hurt the first time, not so bad the second, and now I have hardly anything left and it's truly painless.

But if you had coarse, dark hair, that could be another matter entirely!

Never had the urge to go Brazilian.

Diane

Both sides at once...I like that idea Kathryn! Like when you bring your child to get their ears pierced. They do them both at the same time!

I wonder if anyone has ever requested that. I'm going for a facial on Saturday, I think I'm going to ask!

Melissa

A brazilian wax is where they pretty much take ALL of it off! In the movie, "The Break-Up" with Jennifer Aniston, she was instructed to schedule a "Yul Brenner"....pretty much the same thing!

I have been shaving "down there" for years, no problem...I leave a little "landing strip" and its done!;-)
I have to shave everyday though, but its not a big deal for me, and I would rather perform this delicate task myself, then leave my "nether regions" to a stranger.
Tip: To avoid unsightly razor burn/bumps, use lots of moisturizing bodywash or shave cream, and then afterwards, take a solid deoderant and swipe it over the entire area--works like a charm! Seriously try it!
Oh, and use a triple blade, like Gilettes Mach Turbo 3--the best!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.