Waving the white flag on the purple dress

story1267

Cathlete
For those of you who might be sick of my shopping threads I apologize, I didn't want to do it, but I'm desperate! :eek:

For the un-wedding I've chosen this un-likely dress....

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2997922...+All+Categories+>+Purple&origin=searchresults

In real life the color is a lovely, deep, dark purple with not so much the red tones I see on some monitors.

So, shoes, I'm at a loss.

Would getting purple shoes be too matchy? Silver? Gun-metal? My skin tone is to pale/ruddy for tan or nude.

For jewelry I'll only be sporting my pretty white gold and tanzanite bracelet. My wedding ring (another shopping issue), if I find one, will be white gold as well.

Help! Please! Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, Suzanne! Just wanted to say I've enjoyed browsing dresses "with" you and the gang -- and I think this one is beautiful! My monitor shows the lovely purple color. My vote would be for some other shoe color besides purple; I like the idea of silver. But I know you'll get lots of good ideas from others, too!

Best wishes as your special day gets closer!
Allison

The dress is beautiful! ITA--silver would look great. You could also go more nuetral w/a flesh toned shoe, that way you could wear them more often. :)

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto

The dress is Fabulous and the color is a beautiful purple on my screen. I agree with the silvery strappy shoes too. Tan would be too off and black to dramatic. The hose can be silvery sheer!!! Ok, now I am having fun with this too!!!! Good Luck

ellie

Thanks everyone so much for your enthusiastic responses! I believe we have a consensus! :D

I've been surprised at how hard it is to find purple shoes out in the world.

Silver is much easier and I might even be able to find something that's actually my size.

Thanks again - big kisses to all of you and thanks for your patience. :)

Black or Silver

Very sexy dress! I would go strappy black or silver.

Have fun, I am sure you'lllook fantastic! You should post a picture in the outfit on your page. :)

I love the deep purple color - it's so rich! The style is very elegant too! I'm not very good at matching things though, so I will aver to other on that! Good choice of dress!

Tricia

I love the dress Suzanne!! I agree with the silver shoes. Now I don't think I could wear the one's Nan posted though :eek:

Whoooooeeee!

Klaudia, I've been looking at those Naturalizers, I like them.

Nan, those Guess shoes are amazing but, to paraphrase our dear departed Ms. MacColl I doubt I'd survive!!!

I'm short, and I have little stumpy feet. It wouldn't be pretty! :D:p

I probably max out at about 2 or 2 1/2 or so inches.

Thanks for all the great ideas!

Hi Suzanne! Shopping threads are never boring to me. I agree with everyone else: strappy silver sandals for sure! And they're easy to find, too.

Last edited:
Yep, definitely strappy, silver sandals to go with purple.

I am a huge fan of Donald Pliner shoes. One of his best styles ever is the "Viana". I have several pairs of these shoes in different colors and fabrics. They are classy looking, very cute and always comfortable. You can't go wrong.

Here is a silver pair for sale: (The heel is about 2-2.5 inches, depending on the shoe size)

Pliner Viana (silver)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.