Valerie Waters AHB dvd set

booboo39

Cathlete
Hello ladies,
After seeing this dvd set mentioned here I went ahead and ordered it, roughly two weeks ago. Did anyone else here order the set? they were supposed to be shipped out last week. I believe that they ship out of Los Angeles and I am in San Diego. For $19.99 shipping they should be here within the next day or so. For those who ordered, has anyone received it yet?
Thanks
Booboo

They are packing the dvds and shipping them themselves - and its taking longer than they thought, so they should be out soon.

Val's Email Update

Hey it's Val.

I'm so excited for you to get your Action Hero Babe, I know you're
anxiously awaiting and we're busy shipping everything out right
this moment.

Unfortunately, there was a slight delay due to a problem with some
of the bonus DVDs. :-( We're all squared away now and everything
is moving full-steam ahead.

I have to be honest, I was a little bit overwhelmed (ok... A LOT)
with the response this program has received. I originally created
this product for my existing customers because they had been asking
for DVDs - so that's how I went into it. We only created and
prepared for shipping a limited amount and have gone so far beyond
that number (to a ridiculous degree!) - we had to rush to get more
units produced.

I'm so very sorry for the delay because I'm as excited for you to
get started on the program as you are to receive it.

BUT, I already have a plan for how I'll make it up to you and you'll
hear about that soon.

If there is anything I can do for you in the meantime, please let
me know.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Love,
Val

Shopping Cart

11693 San Vicente Blvd. #134
Los Angeles, CA
US

Hi Val, can you provide the link where I can purchase this DVD. I can't find it on your site. Thanks!

Apparently they moved to a distribution center. I received an email that I should be getting AHB at the end of this week or beginning of next. I am irked to see that they are still offering the early bird price. I would have waited, read some reviews first and then ordered had I known that they would continue with that price.
Booboo

You must be one of the lucky people who received the update. I did not.
I hope these are worth the wait. If not, I'm sending mine back. Hopefully it won't be a huge fiasco to get a refund.

Mine arrived this morning.:D I'm previewing the first disc- Build phase one.
Initial impressions....

Binder is nice, artwork is great, presentation professional. The workout itself reminds me of Tony One on One- without the bad music in the background and silly, crazy stuff.

One small criticism...the binder does not fit snug in the shipping box and they did not use any packing material. I had one disc loose inside the box. It has one tiny surface scratch. It's playing fine, but I think they should use some bubble wrap to prevent having to replace scratched discs.

Last edited:
I just finished the first workout.
I'm not sure what to think. I may need to bump the weights up because I didn't find the workout as challenging as I had hoped. I was expecting a cardio effect because it is circuit style training but it did not for me at least. Valerie was out of breath.

This workout series does not appear to have the same intensity as STS or the Insanity program. I hope it surprises me! Keep in mind this is my first impression.
This is not the first time I've tried a workout and felt I could have done more. I'm not giving up.;) Next time I'm going to bump the weights up and see if that doesn't help.

The workout was easy to follow. I turned down the volume and put on my own music. I liked that option.:) There are one minute rests between circuits, and for me that minute seemed too long. Valerie's form is not perfect, so some may find that a problem. One thing that stood out was that her head was raised during dead lifts, not in perfect cervical alignment like Cathe's.

Last edited:
Cynthia, have you ever done any of her RCR or IWMBB workouts? Just wondering if you had anything else of Val's to compare this to.

Mine arrived this morning.:D I'm previewing the first disc- Build phase one.
Initial impressions....

Binder is nice, artwork is great, presentation professional. The workout itself reminds me of Tony One on One- without the bad music in the background and silly, crazy stuff.

One small criticism...the binder does not fit snug in the shipping box and they did not use any packing material. I had one disc loose inside the box. It has one tiny surface scratch. It's playing fine, but I think they should use some bubble wrap to prevent having to replace scratched discs.

Ohhh no. Did you email or call Valerie yet about this?

Cynthia, have you ever done any of her RCR or IWMBB workouts? Just wondering if you had anything else of Val's to compare this to.

I have RCR & IWMBB. I did a RCR rotation when it was first released (I think 2 or 3 years ago). I haven't done the IWMBB. The RCR program is light weight/higher reps and all circuits burn and sculpt circuits. AHB has a building, sculpt, and burn circuit.

I noticed following Val vs doing her circuits from paper is that I moved through the circuits faster in RCR. I didn't take any rest. Today's workout was a build circuit with heavier weights so they may explain why my heart rate didn't get up to create a cardio effect.

I wanted to also note that when I followed the RCR program, I added push-ups and pull-ups to each circuit.

I'm going to give this workout a chance before I begin adding to it. I was thinking about adding an insanity circuit on the end. Maybe the warm-up to insanity that ends with a stretch.

Didn't get my yet here in NE Ohio....but if there are breaks, I think I'll add kickboxing moves during those....as I love weights and kickboxing circuits!!

ETA: I do this with some of my Kettlebell workouts and I love that combo.

ETA: I do this with some of my Kettlebell workouts and I love that combo.

Kettlebell swings would be good during the break. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. :confused:
I just finished a Cathe workout and I always have a great workout with Cathe. I'm sitting here on my computer completely drenched.:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.