Valerie Waters - Action Hero Babe

i'm confused for how many weeks we are supposed to do each phase of the bikini body program. Does anyone know????

It's a 60 day program, so I'm guessing we do the first set of workouts for a month (4 weeks?) and then the second set for a month.

Maybe I'm stupid, but.....

I don't get how to order any DVD's she may be selling. Or programs, or whatever! Someone please clue me in! Her website has no store that is functioning.

I ordered these. Not sure why though:confused: I hope I don't regret it.:)

Because you want to look like an Action Hero Babe!?!? ;)

I hope I don't regret it either. I was hard pressed to find anything negative about Valerie Waters workouts. Plus, I heart Jennifer Garner and Valerie is her trainer, I loved her look in Alias, Elektra and Daredevil. She was recently on Ellen showing moves with the Valslides.

Maria

Very interesting...

I'll hang on for your reviews. I have to shell out lots of $$ for 2 certification renewals in the next few months, so I want to be sure that this program is worth the $$.

Hi - I just wanted to post about this. I may have started one of those threads over at VF....as I'm super excited about this set. I have all of Valerie's EBooks and have done them in the past, as well as her Action Hero Babe workouts from her blog (she had posted 2 paper workouts in the past) and the Action Hero Workouts were my all time fave's. She has some unique moves using the Valslides and these circuits will keep your heartrate up. Of course, I use much heavier weight than Valerie suggests....but they aren't meant to be super heavy lifting circuits....as they are higher rep. I can't wait to get mine.

For those on the fence - see if you can find the older Action Hero Circuits she has posted on her Blog. It might take some time, as it was a while ago. The first one was my favorite (the one she actually used to get Jennifer Garner in shape) and then she posted one on her Blog from when she trained Rachel Nichols for GI Joe and it was fun...but the first is still my favorite. I like the Kayaker move on the stability ball with weighted bar. Killer ab work! The painful pushaways that Jennifer demo'd on Ellen are killer. Try them with your gliding discs. You start in plank and then push your arms out in front of you simultaneously. Hold for 20 seconds or so (can't remember) and then walk your hands or feet back to plank and do like 20 reps. You WILL feel those in your core.

Last edited:
The thing I also love about Val is that she reminds you that unless your eating is clean, you won't get the results you really want to get, no matter what your workouts. She definitely takes the holistic approach to fitness, which reassures me that she knows it's not just about her workouts.

Because you want to look like an Action Hero Babe!?!? ;)

I hope I don't regret it either. I was hard pressed to find anything negative about Valerie Waters workouts. Plus, I heart Jennifer Garner and Valerie is her trainer, I loved her look in Alias, Elektra and Daredevil. She was recently on Ellen showing moves with the Valslides.

Maria

You're right Maria! That's exactly why!:p

I really like Jennifer Garner too. I saw that video clip of her on the Ellen show. I was amazed she could demonstrate those moves in 6 inch heels!:eek:

Yes, six dvd's. Valerie Waters did a leave stream today at 3:00 pm (pacific time) and showed a clip. No music is featured on these dvds.
Booboo

Darn, I missed the live stream because I was still at work... Would have loved to have seen the clip! Is it on the site somewhere? Looks like the archive is of her last live stream, when I Want My Bikini Body 2.0 was released...

Darn, I missed the live stream because I was still at work... Would have loved to have seen the clip! Is it on the site somewhere? Looks like the archive is of her last live stream, when I Want My Bikini Body 2.0 was released...

There was but it's gone now. I had posted a link at VF but it is no longer available.:confused:

Maria

Don't worry you didn't miss much. The clip was very short and it showed her in her workout room, not a studio, and I recall her using a resistance band attached to a piece of equipment (can't remember, maybe it was an elliptical) for curls, and barbell dead lifts. There may have been one or two other brief exercises shown but nothing our dear Cathe hasn't covered.

what was interesting was that she had some chef on there who has his own website with some pretty interesting recipes. The chef showed a book of 27 recipes that were included for those who ordered AHB. He said it was created especially for those who ordered and that the book could not be purchased elsewhere. Then toward the end of his presentation you find out that you don't get the actual book but a pdf file and you have to print it out. All in all it still sounds interesting and I am looking forward to it. Valerie also said they had already started shipping yesterday and would continue to ship till weeks end as they ran out of workouts and had to get some more. Orders would be shipped in the order that they were received.

For those on the fence - see if you can find the older Action Hero Circuits she has posted on her Blog. It might take some time, as it was a while ago. The first one was my favorite (the one she actually used to get Jennifer Garner in shape) and then she posted one on her Blog from when she trained Rachel Nichols for GI Joe and it was fun...but the first is still my favorite.

I think those workouts are here:

http://valerie-waters.blogspot.com/2008/02/get-action-hero-body.html

http://valerie-waters.blogspot.com/2008/04/action-hero-workout-2.html

:)

Adam

Last edited:
There is a new IWMBB out with dvds. Its labeled as IWMBB 2.0. As described it said it was workout dvds to workout to but i guess i'll see when i get them.

Please do let us know if they are follow along DVD's.

Its great to read that everyone finds Valerie's workouts good.

Thanks

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.