Urgent Prayer Request

All my love and support go out to you Carolyn and to Marley. Dammit, she IS too young, I am so sorry. Why does this stuff happen? I just do not get it.

Carolyn,
Marley, family and friends will be in my prayers. God bless you for asking others to pray for her.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Carolyn,
This is so difficult to digest and I'm so sorry to hear of this news. What a strong and special girl Marley is.

((((((((((((((((Big heartfelt healing hugs and prayers going out to dear Marley and her family and friends)))))))))))))

I am sorry to hear. I know the devastation of cancer. I just wanted to post that since they are removing so many lymph nodes, it would put her at risk for Lymphedema. Make sure the doctors tell her what precautions she needs to take. www.lymphnet.org is a website for more info. I hope and pray things go well.

Thanks for the info on lymphedema. As far as I know they have not mentioned this side effect to her parents. I will forward the link to them.

Carolyn

Urgent Prayer Request - UPDATE

Marley is having her surgery as we speak this morning. They received great news this morning that her PET scan she had on Thursday showed NO evidence of the cancer having spread to any of her organs. Huge relief for the family. The power of prayer is AMAZING.

About 100 of us gathered at her house at 5:00 this morning to wish her well for surgery. The streets were lined with her "Prayer Mob Squad" holding a candlelight vigil. The sight of everyone was overwhelming for Marley and her parents.

Please continue to pray for Marley, that she recovers from surgery quickly with no complications. She will aggressively start her Interferon treatment within a week and continue it for a year.

I will update with surgery results later today.

Thanks,
Carolyn

RE: Urgent Prayer Request - UPDATE

Best wishes for a quick, easy surgery and recovery for Marley. The Prayer Mob Squad is really wonderful! DEb

RE: Urgent Prayer Request-UPDATE

Just heard from Marley's mom and the surgery went well. They removed all nodes in leg and groin. They removed the "Gateway" node to the pelvis region and that came back clean so they won't need to do any further invasive surgery.

Thanks again for all your support. You can visit her website at
www.caringbridge.org and type in "marleykornowa" if you would like to leave her well wishes.

Carolyn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.