upcoming workouts?

I would like Cathe to do another video series that involves phases that increase with varying intensity as you progress through the program. The first phase can be composed of total body workouts that involve the big compound movement like squats and overheard presses and whatnot. The next several phases can involve more splits and isolation movements along with super sets, drop sets, burn sets, hit and plyometrics.

I actually got this routine from the Buff Dudes. They have a popular fitness channel on Youtube. I would LOVE to see Cathe give her spin on this routine.

Thanks for posting this:)
I will definitely look into it.

Last edited:
I would like Cathe to do another video series that involves phases that increase with varying intensity as you progress through the program. The first phase can be composed of total body workouts that involve the big compound movement like squats and overheard presses and whatnot. The next several phases can involve more splits and isolation movements along with super sets, drop sets, burn sets, hit and plyometrics.

I actually got this routine from the Buff Dudes. They have a popular fitness channel on Youtube. I would LOVE to see Cathe give her spin on this routine.

You have my vote on this great suggestion. Just a change from total body to split would cause a great confusion on muscles.
I have not done total pure lifting for a long time. I started planning to get back to it, mixing with some split!
Have you been on this program?

Last edited:
Same for me. 100% in Agreement with coaccountant. Everyone is different.
Instrumental music is recommended for weight training. It is the suitable and recommended teaching format.
I also prefer it and it helps to focus.

Yep everyone is different and everyone has different taste. When people complain complain about the music in workout dvds and start making recommendations based on what they prefer, they may not realize that there is a segment that may not care for their particular style of music. I personally didn't care for the music in X-Train, however, I still enjoyed the workouts. I was so into what I was doing I just tuned out the music.

You have my vote on this great suggestion. Just a change from total body to split would cause a great confusion on muscles.
I have not done total pure lifting for a long time. I started planning to get back to it, mixing with some split!
Have you been on this program?

Yeah I think a program that incorporates a change from total body to split/isolation movements would be a great way to cause muscle confusion and really shock the muscles.

I personally haven't done the program but that is only because it's in PDF form. I've tried using the paper format in the past but it just doesn't work for me. When I lift I or train I need the structure that videos provide otherwise I tend to get off track and lose focus. I'm a fan of the Buff Dudes though and I really enjoy their content. I really hope Cathe can come up with a total body/split routine and give it her own unique "Cathe" spin.

I personally haven't done the program but that is only because it's in PDF form. I've tried using the paper format in the past but it just doesn't work for me. When I lift I or train I need the structure that videos provide otherwise I tend to get off track and lose focus. I'm a fan of the Buff Dudes though and I really enjoy their content. I really hope Cathe can come up with a total body/split routine and give it her own unique "Cathe" spin.

My Goodness:):):) I too need the structure (Structuring the content and gradually OVERLOADING/1repmax) videos provide.
Not just any, cathe would produce such a gem mixing total and split.
There is no one in the business to possibly produce better. Ok no one I know off:).We love cathe's INTENSITY.

I can tell you I will download those PDF for sure.:);):p:p.You are so right about the content.:):)
I think Lol I am on my way to start following these DUDES.
These stuff are definitely the goodies I would have fun doing. It is right up my alley;).

Last edited:
kettle bells...yes please

Honestly, I would love a KB from Cathe too. I did ask this question in the past.
Cathe did answer quoting:"she was not ruling out the possibility"
She would not produce any without holding a Kettlebell certification though.
ETHICS...IMHO.

To Justine, Cathe's next series will contain something to suit and please everyone.
As always... IMO

My Goodness:):):) I too need the structure (Structuring the content and gradually OVERLOADING/1repmax) videos provide.
Not just any, cathe would produce such a gem mixing total and split.
There is no one in the business to possibly produce better. Ok no one I know off:).We love cathe's INTENSITY.

I can tell you I will download those PDF for sure.:);):p:p.You are so right about the content.:):)
I think Lol I am on my way to start following these DUDES.
These stuff are definitely the goodies I would have fun doing. It is right up my alley;).

I hear ya on the structure aspect. I absolutely need a trainer like Cathe or someone else that I like and trust leading me through a workout program for that designated time period each day. I know how to do a lot of exercises. I could design a beautiful program if I absolutely had to. I can get started on a workout and stick with it for a little while, maybe up to 40 minutes if I'm super-energetic. However, seeing it through until the bitter end and actually pushing myself through the hardest of hard of reps and cardio cycles without that trainer and crew (even through a TV set) guiding me and doing the same work...nah. I could have the most well-equipped gym at my disposal, whether it be in the home or in outside facilities, but without someone kicking my butt and telling me what to do moment after moment, I'd never push myself to the same degree. I'd lose count of reps really quick, too! (My memory ain't what it used to be...) :)

People are constantly amazed that I a) have the motivation to work out at home, and b) have gotten the results I have from home workouts. I tell them it actually takes a lot less motivation to work out at home, and it's the truth. It's much easier to just grab my DVD or laptop and be able to get to work at home quickly, especially with a dynamo like Cathe on my side. And if you can't get results from working out 4-6 days a week from training with Cathe...Okay, we all know that's just not possible! :D I love working out at home. No driving to the gym and back. No letting my heart rate drop down way too low while waiting for the big-armed-dude to stop hogging the bench press. No getting laughed at or hearing crude comments when my capri pants fall down my butt during hip thrusts. No germs to get sick from because people come in and work out while they and their three kids all have a combo flu/bronchitis/pneumonia. Yuck. I mean, I get why people do love gyms...different strokes for different folks, I understand. Gyms have certain positives. Some love the social aspect of going to a gym, getting out of the house, all of the different machines, not having loads of exercise equipment taking up room in their house, the child care available for those who need it, etc. (It's totally a mental block on my part and I am getting better about my self-consciousness regarding my body, but in my mind gyms will forever = being teased and laughed at.) Working out at home is so convenient. It can be 1 in the morning or 1 in the afternoon- I can work out whenever I want and do whatever I want. With an almost infinite number of home workouts to choose from now, I'd have to be insane to say I ever get bored (especially with Cathe's On Demand and all her premixes on the DVDs!) Personally, I find home workouts really fun and carefree. I can be all frumpy and sweaty while I'm working out without a care; no one but the cat sees me, and she sure doesn't mind that I'm makeup-free and wilting as if I'm performing construction labor in the middle of a Miami summer day.

I have enough room to keep my workout stuff at home, my little toys like gliding discs, my stability ball, step, and all my weights. I realize some people truly don't have the space. That's understandable. What irks me is when I hear people say that it takes away from their decor. I know, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and taste. But exercise equipment that's loved and used is so...wonderful! It's a positive energy thing, something representative of commitment to one's health and longevity. I've heard the old argument about it not being "pretty" and maybe it isn't, but if you have the space...I mean, come on. Our homes are for living in, not to be showplaces designed to impress people that we see only on occasion. If someone doesn't like the look of my dumbbells and step bench taking space up in my bedroom, too bad. They're staying...well, the equipment's staying, while the naysayer may not. ;) I know, I'm preaching to the choir on the forums here, LOL.

I love working out at home. No driving to the gym and back. No letting my heart rate drop down way too low while waiting for the big-armed-dude to stop hogging the bench press. No getting laughed at or hearing crude comments when my capri pants fall down my butt during hip thrusts. No germs to get sick from because people come in and work out while they and their three kids all have a combo flu/bronchitis/pneumonia. Yuck. I mean, I get why people do love gyms...different strokes for different folks, I understand. Gyms have certain positives. Some love the social aspect of going to a gym, getting out of the house, all of the different machines, not having loads of exercise equipment taking up room in their house, the child care available for those who need it, etc.

Lol:D:D:D:D
So true....When the big dude is hogging the bench press, you have to wait while the heart rate is dropping Grrr.

(It's totally a mental block on my part and I am getting better about my self-consciousness regarding my body, but in my mind gyms will forever = being teased and laughed at.)

You can do it! You will/can put this mental block behind.
Remember it is a mindset, mindset, mindset.
You will be at some point rocking the barbell, lunging up and down
keeping a straight proud posture, cathe style in the gym.;);)

I love working out at home. No driving to the gym and back. No letting my heart rate drop down way too low while waiting for the big-armed-dude to stop hogging the bench press. No getting laughed at or hearing crude comments when my capri pants fall down my butt during hip thrusts. No germs to get sick from because people come in and work out while they and their three kids all have a combo flu/bronchitis/pneumonia. Yuck. I mean, I get why people do love gyms...different strokes for different folks, I understand. Gyms have certain positives. Some love the social aspect of going to a gym, getting out of the house, all of the different machines, not having loads of exercise equipment taking up room in their house, the child care available for those who need it, etc.

Lol:D:D:D:D
So true....When the big dude is hogging the bench press, you have to wait while the heart rate is dropping Grrr.

(It's totally a mental block on my part and I am getting better about my self-consciousness regarding my body, but in my mind gyms will forever = being teased and laughed at.)

You can do it! You will/can put this mental block behind.
Remember it is a mindset, mindset, mindset.
You will be at some point rocking the barbell, lunging up and down
keeping a straight proud posture, cathe style in the gym.;);)

Turquoise eyes.....that was quite a little speech and I couldn't have said it better myself. Sentence by sentence.....I hear you and I'm with you! 100%. My workout space is in my basement with all my toys. Nice enough for me. It's MY zen! Period.

I'm all of you about working out at home. I also love knowing that other people have problems with their workout clothes moving to places they shouldn't be moving to. I find, esp. during HiiT, I'm adjusting my clothes, at least until they get sweaty enough to stick instead of moving. I also love that I don't have to worry about my top matching my bottom, which very rarely happens. I use to go to the local Y when I worked for a hospital 20 yrs ago, but hated when I would see a co worker. All they wanted to do was talk and couldn't understand why I was actually wanting to workout. I love not being bothered, except when my dog likes to join in on some of the fun. I too don't care if anyone else likes my house and what I've done to it. I made it convenient for us, not anyone else's liking. I also like that I can yell back and count down with Cathe and the class during Cathe live and there is no one around to look at me weird.

Turquoise eyes.....that was quite a little speech and I couldn't have said it better myself. Sentence by sentence.....I hear you and I'm with you! 100%. My workout space is in my basement with all my toys. Nice enough for me. It's MY zen! Period.

Aw, thank you. I post and then later realize I likely sounded nuts and will scare off people with my assertions (unintentionally). I'm known for my little speeches. That is not always a good thing, LOL. I'm an acquired taste, I know.

And "My Zen"- precisely! You nailed it right on the head. Workout time is sacred in my house. It is the only time I say, "don't bother me", and demand it be honored. If interrupting me, my mother knows she'd better be bleeding profusely, an atomic bomb is going to fall, or someone has died. If it's anything trivial, she knows to hold it until I open my bedroom door back up and prepare to take a shower. She risks a real-life version of Jack Nicholson's performance in The Shining from me otherwise...well, minus the axe and the baseball bat. I'm crazy, but I'm not insane. ;)

I dream of a basement I can transform into an awesome workout space. Sigh. Someday...

Aw, thank you. I post and then later realize I likely sounded nuts and will scare off people with my assertions (unintentionally). I'm known for my little speeches. That is not always a good thing, LOL. I'm an acquired taste, I know.

And "My Zen"- precisely! You nailed it right on the head. Workout time is sacred in my house. It is the only time I say, "don't bother me", and demand it be honored. If interrupting me, my mother knows she'd better be bleeding profusely, an atomic bomb is going to fall, or someone has died. If it's anything trivial, she knows to hold it until I open my bedroom door back up and prepare to take a shower. She risks a real-life version of Jack Nicholson's performance in The Shining from me otherwise...well, minus the axe and the baseball bat. I'm crazy, but I'm not insane. ;)

I dream of a basement I can transform into an awesome workout space. Sigh. Someday...

I love my basement room and as a mother/wife its the only room in the house that's all mine. I have MY workout room. My dh likes to peak while I workout. He will just stay back and watch LOL and I don't' even know it. He will then tell me when I go back up stair how cute etc I am when I work out but at lease he knows not to talk to me during the workout LOL (just) peak. My sons will knock before coming in cause my clothes because my short ride up and seeing mom doing hipthturst would be awkward :oops:

I use to go to a gym years ago. I happen to be the only lady in the weight section and it just felt akward. I was always more worried that I wasn't flashing when I was on the bench etc. I also really looked sweating ugly while the other ladies were on the treadmill with makeup LOL I never could figure out why women worked out with makeup. They would even discuss sweat proof make up :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I would love another low impact series focusing on kickboxing and step for cardio with 'body pump' type weight workouts (light weights) and a yoga/barre/stretch workout for light days.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.