Ugh! SO makes up stories

Hi Divagirl
You've received GREAT advice here from some really knowledgable women. The only thing I would add is to think about what life would be like being in a relationship with this guy knowing what you know about him now. You would constantly be questioning (at least in your head) the truthfulness of possibly EVERYTHING he says. For me, that would be something I could not deal with. If you don't have honesty in a relationship, how do know if you REALLY know the person? You don't. Honesty is a must in every healthy relationship and IMO, if you don't have that, you don't really have a relationship at all.

carolyn

TeTe is so right! You've only caught him in the past 2 weeks.....
You deserve to be in love w/ the real deal! You just may have fallen in love with a person he is not. You deserve more out of this life and out of all your relationships.

"Hes disturbed by seeing this side of me." ..... It would be OVER at that point for me.... NOW he's trying to make the ugliness about YOU .... When people have ALOT to hide they deflect the focus to the other person.... Just another form of manipulation. Been there done that! THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU and your recation its is 100% about his lying. Once thats fixed if he wants to deal with your "reaction" fine... but dont allow the waters to get muddied here. Again....You deserve so much more! A wonderful relationship has challenges...but NOT this challenge. {{{{{{{{{{{{{diva}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Diva.
Hey in there!! You confronted him on a few issues and he turned it on you. I dated someone like that a few years ago. Thank GOD, it's over!! Controlling and manipulation is not LOVE. It may be rough going for awhile so take good care of yourself. You saw the flags, you asked for advice, and then you took action. IMO, you did the right thing.

(((Divagirl))), I feel for you and can only imagine how you are hurting over this. It's time to focus on you and what you deserve in a relationship to help you heal and be able, in time, to pursue a relationship based on honesty and mutual respect. Your SO's behaviour is inexcusable. He engages in destructive behaviour lying and asking you to lie; when you call 'foul' he turns and says, 'I didn't do anything, it's YOU!' That's dirty and juvenile not to mention passive aggressive. His whole attitude in this is just wrong and devoid of concern for your feelings not to mention total disregard for right and wrong. I can only imagine how he's skewed his version of the story and manipulated details or perhaps he didn't ask anyone but just made it up. The seed of doubt is planted, it can't be undone. Being alone can be difficult but living with a liar is emotional hell! Be good to yourself.

Take Care
Laurie

As the great Maya Angelou says, "When people show you who they are, listen."

BTW, he is using textbook projection techniques here by making HIS behavior about YOU. I do hope you can see it for what it's worth. Personally I'd rather go my entire life without companionship than deal with guys like that.

Hang in there.

Marie

>This is the classic "I'm wrong but I'm making her feel bad
>about it" move. Don't let him get to you. He's probably a
>distant relative of my ex-boyfriend! :) *Hugs*

Or the classic "the best defense is a good offense." I think he's related to my ex too. Or they've all got this secret club that gets together periodically to figure out how to get over on women.

Diva honey, 4 months really isn't a very long time. And during this short time you've already had other problems with this guy--if I recall he communicated with you sporadically, would say he'd call & then not, & now you've got the dishonesty thing happening here, which IMO is the killer in any relationship, romantic or otherwise.

I wish I had words to make you feel better but I don't--other than you're SO much better than this & deserve to be treated with respect, honesty and kindness. You're not getting that from this guy.

Like I always say, you're better off being without a man & filling your life with other things you really enjoy, rather than being with a man who doesn't treat you right.

>So in a nutshell...he lied and then broke up with me for it.
>?????

It may not seem like it at the time, but he did you a favor. What he seems to want is a woman he can control, lie to, have lie for him. He definitely doesn't sound like he cares about your feelings at all.

Consider yourself lucky he is now out of your life (and KEEP him out of your life). Someone had to break this up, and you didn't seem very willing to.

Just adding my name to list of those telling you to dump this loser ASAP and don't even think about trying to get him back!

Thank you all for your support. It's nice to know I have this place to vent and get advice. And, yes this was the guy who wouldn't call for days etc. I think at the moment I am in shock and am not only disturbed by the lying but also how I was treated last night and all the manipulation involved. I really do need time for healing and hope that I will be able to open my heart with someone again and that it will be with someone worthy. I feel like I've been through the ringer and if I ever hear a guy say that all women are crazy I will just run the other way at that point... Deep seated issues. I've probably heard that at least once a week as well over the last 4 months.

Tina

Tina,

You are looking for honesty and mutual respect in a relationship. That is not an unreasonable request, as a matter of fact, that's what you should be looking for at a minimum.

You are an intelligent woman so trust your instincts :)

I have said it before but heck, I'll say it again:

Thank God that loser cut you loose. Atleast you don't have to do the dirty work. He did you a favor, for sure!!

I know it is dissapointing. But when you see RED FLAGS, like all the flags that came up for you with this guy in 4 short months, you shouldn't even have had "conversations" about them. This dude is taking advantage of you, pressing your buttons, abusing you. He knows you'll take a beating and still come back for more.. Heck, he isn't even smart enough to shine you on and tell you what you want to hear, he just flat out puts you down!! (I am soooo mad just typing this, ha hax( x( x( . RED FLAGS are just that. They say GET THE HELL OUT AND DON'T EVEN LOOK BACK. Don't go back to him if he calls you up and tells you what you want to hear. There is no saving this guy. He didn't just have a bad week. He doesn't just happen to be noncommunicative or only available on weekends cuz he works so hard all week. What he is is a guy who doesn't respect you and never will.

You need to learn to see the signs. You have had a lot of heartbreak, I know, with many different guys. But you need to see the pattern. It is better to be alone and preserve your self confidence than be with men that cut you down only to dump you. Having somewhere to go Friday night just isn't that important.

I talked to SO about this tonight re: the prada bag saying I would not lie to his employees and I was concerned about his lying about this after we had a conversation re this last week and he got so mad at me. He turned around and told one of his employees on the spot that he lied about it while he was on the phone with me...basically mocking me and my concern.

Then he went on that all the people he spoke to about the matter of him letting me believe his shipment would be "free" thinks its crazy that I got upset over it. So now he took back his apology from last week saying that he doesn't see my point of view or why I was upset in the first place. He thinks I'm creating unnecessary drama, making a mountain out of a molehill and he feels he doesn't even know me anymore...he's disturbed by this side of me he seeing. I said "You don't understand why I'd be upset when I hear one story one week and a different one the following week". He says "No" and now thinks that we are not as compatible as he thought because he was just joking around and he was not going to walk on eggshells for anyone and not going to change and then said we should take a break. So....we broke up and I've been crying for the last hour. He made me feel like everyone he talked to (whoever that may be) thinks I'm crazy and I'm making up drama for no reason.

So in a nutshell...he lied and then broke up with me for it. ?????

GOOD RIDDANCE! That's what I'd say. I know it hurts now, but you just be strong, girl!!!! I only wish you'd been the one to break up with him! :) Or at least said, "I was starting to think the same thing," when he said that he didn't think you and he were as compatible as he thought you were. I would've liked to have been a fly on the wall to see his jaw drop if you'd told him that. That would've been the last thing he expected.

I find it soooooo idiotic that he's trying to make you feel bad when he's the one with the problem. And it sounds like he has keeping-up-with-the-Jones's disease...you know, where he wants everyone to think he's all that and a bag of chips even though he's only a fried pork rind. He's got "Low Self-Esteem" written all over him. Show him what high self-esteem looks like and give him the cold, I-don't-need-the-likes-of-you shoulder.

YOU GO GIRL! I've been where you are and it does get better! Spirits up!

Oh, and one more thing: I think you hit the nail on the head when you said in a later post that he was manipulating you. Sounds like a little controlling mental abuse to me...you know, trying to keep you down and under his control. When you spoke up and said that his lying bothered you, and he reacted the way he did, I would venture to say he was doing that to get you to come back around under his dominion. I wouldn't be surprised if his "breaking up" with you isn't just another controlling tactic, as in he wants you to come crying back to tell him that it's okay that he lied and that you were wrong to question him about it -- you'll be a good little girl from now on, just don't leave me again! Don't fall for it! You deserve to be happy, and happiness means not compromising your moral fortitude and judgment.

>>This is the classic "I'm wrong but I'm making her feel bad
>>about it" move. Don't let him get to you. He's probably a
>>distant relative of my ex-boyfriend! :) *Hugs*
>
>Or the classic "the best defense is a good offense." I think
>he's related to my ex too. Or they've all got this secret
>club that gets together periodically to figure out how to get
>over on women.

Yeah that too! :+

The Catheites always come to the rescue. You're all the best.

Tina, in a short time you'll look back at this and it'll be a distant memory. If a man loves you he never makes you cry. Relationships shouldn't be one sided and this one sounds like it was. I'm usually the one that falls in love in a relationship, but I've learned that love has to be both ways. When you said he told you that you were crazy at least once a week I definitely could relate to your situation. My ex was like that too. Always with the stupid games and comments to make me feel bad about myself. I came to my senses and realized that I don't want to be in a relationship like that and if he never changes he will always be unhappy because when a woman is unhappy she won't make a man happy. Sooner or later we come to our senses and get tired of the verbal abuse and games. You deserve better than that and although it's difficult I think we should never lose faith. There are good men out there, we just have to be patient, take care of ourselves first, think that we are complete as we are, and stop looking for our other half. We need to find someone to share the world with and all the good things it has, not someone to complete us. Take care hon! I really suggest you do a kickboxing workout tomorrow. :)

Quite manipulative to say the least. I used to have one of these in my life. Lying wasn't his thing but putting the blame on me for all of his shortcomings was. I used to think everything was my fault. Don't waste any more tears on this stupid arse. Get a pedicure, buy your own real Prada bag and treat yourself nice---you deserve it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.