Thighs and Butt

Nsmall

Hi Everyone,

I am sure there are many topics on "butts and thigh", but I have been struggling with this for a very long time.

I am somewhat active and at least workout 2 times a week. I am trying to find the best remedy for my big butt and thickish thighs.

I have been active throughout my life and I have jumped from bootcamp training,endurance training...the list goes on...my upper body is where I want it....but the bottom half ...I hate it and embarrassed of how I look. I don't buy clothing and refuse to wear anything that does! I don't even go out because I have nothing to wear( as i said I don't shop) and because I don't want people to see me.

Now I love Cathe's workouts because they are challenging, motivational and really get the heart pumping.But I notice when I focus on Cathe workouts..I get quite bulky in the bottom half.. believe it or not.

As an alternative, I started working out with Jari Love. I have to admit, my thighs did get somewhat more slender, but my butt never changes

What can anyone reccomend who has had this similar problem? It seems no matter what I do, my bottom half does not change.

Just like to add I eat very well...

Would love your help,
Sincerely,
N

Only working out 2 x/week might be the problem. I try to get at least 5 workouts /week. Running always slimmed my lower half faster than anything else. Do you have low max in your rotation? Thats great too.

Do RockBottoms rotation

Hi there! I know how frustrated you might be feeling right now - I've got similar issues.

For me personally, I have to do two leg conditioning workouts per week, on top of regular cardio, and upper body strength training.

You really should try Cathe's rotation called Rock Bottoms. It is awesome - really tough, but well worth the effort. You will be working out much more than 2x per week however - so perhaps before you do this rotation, you'll need to work up to it. I think even in Cathe's blurb explaining this rotation, she mentions that its for advanced exercisers. But you can definitely work your way up to it.

I had THE BEST results following this rotation.

Only working out 2 x/week might be the problem. I try to get at least 5 workouts /week. Running always slimmed my lower half faster than anything else. Do you have low max in your rotation? Thats great too.

Just to make a correction,

2 days a week is the least do in one week...not that I only work out 2 days a week.

I will definately check out the low max!

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi N,

I have always had big thighs and a big butt but lately I am seeing lots of good changes. Kickboxing has helped in the past. I also run 3 days a week. I wouldn't be afraid of doing weighted squat or lunges. They have really toned my butt and thighs. Maybe the combination of doing the weighted squats and running helps. I also think walking lunges are great for the butt.

Also, as suggested I would increase the number of times you workout. You say you eat well but from time to time I need to tweak my diet. I have done that recently just by eliminating one snack and watching my portions and I have really slimmed now.

I think you have to find the right combination that works for you because everyone is different.

HTH,

Hi there! I know how frustrated you might be feeling right now - I've got similar issues.

For me personally, I have to do two leg conditioning workouts per week, on top of regular cardio, and upper body strength training.

You really should try Cathe's rotation called Rock Bottoms. It is awesome - really tough, but well worth the effort. You will be working out much more than 2x per week however - so perhaps before you do this rotation, you'll need to work up to it. I think even in Cathe's blurb explaining this rotation, she mentions that its for advanced exercisers. But you can definitely work your way up to it.

I had THE BEST results following this rotation.

Thanks Melanie,

I will certainly check out the rotation!

Hi N,

I have always had big thighs and a big butt but lately I am seeing lots of good changes. Kickboxing has helped in the past. I also run 3 days a week. I wouldn't be afraid of doing weighted squat or lunges. They have really toned my butt and thighs. Maybe the combination of doing the weighted squats and running helps. I also think walking lunges are great for the butt.

Also, as suggested I would increase the number of times you workout. You say you eat well but from time to time I need to tweak my diet. I have done that recently just by eliminating one snack and watching my portions and I have really slimmed now.

I think you have to find the right combination that works for you because everyone is different.

HTH,
Thanks for the tips....I will for sure look into maybe making some changes, not only in my working out but my eating as well.

What kind of Leg strength workouts do you do? You might want to stick with higher reps and lower weights for your lower body. Also Turbo barre is a great workout that targets more of the smaller muscles of the legs that support the larger muscles. Cardio is also important if you are trying to slim down.

FWIW, I got great results in the butt, thighs and waist when I did a Brazilian Butt Lift rotation. If you are not familiar with the name, it's a program that Beach Body puts out...

Good luck with your fitness endeavors!:)

LIS is awesome for the butt and thighs!:D You really have to dig deep though and go low in those moves like the dixie cup lunges to really get the full benefit!:eek: It would be easier to sort of slack off and not go as low or deep in the moves and you wouldn't get the full burn. I also agree with others who mentioned that to really, seriously burn some major fat you'll probably need to work out at least 5 days a week and include more cardio. Of course, the LIS rotation will have it all layed out for you!;)

I'm doing this rotation now so I'm glad to hear of good results as my scale is not moving....and oh, my aching hamstrings! :p LOL. Hurts so good.

What kind of Leg strength workouts do you do? You might want to stick with higher reps and lower weights for your lower body. Also Turbo barre is a great workout that targets more of the smaller muscles of the legs that support the larger muscles. Cardio is also important if you are trying to slim down.

I have done the high rep/low weight workouts...my legs do slim down, but my butt is really stubborn!

I will check out Turbo Barre, I have never tried this. Thanks!

FWIW, I got great results in the butt, thighs and waist when I did a Brazilian Butt Lift rotation. If you are not familiar with the name, it's a program that Beach Body puts out...

Good luck with your fitness endeavors!:)

Yes, I have heard of that workout series, but never thought f trying it. Thanks for the support!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.