The weighted vest

kerribilliot1

Cathlete
This has probably been asked, and I feel kinda dumb asking, but.... I did
M2W2 legs using the vest, mainly because for the squats 20# dbs are getting heavy! I subtracted the 10# for the vest and used 10# dbs. Is that right???

This has probably been asked, and I feel kinda dumb asking, but.... I did
M2W2 legs using the vest, mainly because for the squats 20# dbs are getting heavy! I subtracted the 10# for the vest and used 10# dbs. Is that right???

If you were using 2 20lb db before, then you would want to use 2 15 lb db with the vest so it still totals 40 lbs. Think of the vest as adding 5 lbs to each hand.

Hope that helps and don't feel dumb!

Thank you! I did miscalculate then, I thought it felt a litle too easy. Meso 1 Week 1 legs were killer and this one didn't seem quite as difficult. I am doing the 6 month rotation so I guess I can try again next week!!

I'm using my vest in Meso 2 as well, and yeah...the math tripped me up at first, so don't feel bad. :) I did one set of squats and realized that I was using half the weight that was listed on my Workout Card! Apparently I read the number and thought it was supposed to be total weight, not total weight for each hand. Brain cloud. :rolleyes:

Once I got the weight right, then it was like, "Whoa!!"

I'm glad you asked that question. I was going to post the same question yesterday. I had a feeling I was cheating myself and sure enough! I forgot to split the weight of the vest between both hands. I thought it felt kind of easy.

Does anyone know of a great place to buy inexpensive vests? I nearly passed out when I saw some of the prices for these! I don't have a squat rack in my home and the dumbbells can be difficult at heavier weights. The best choice is a vest for me, if I can find one that won't hurt my wallet.

I got my Cathe Vest at Walmart.com for about $30. It's 10 lbs. I saved on shipping by having it sent to my local Walmart and picking it up. Also, you might try Amazon or Ebay. Good Luck! I found out it helped a lot.

Nanette

I wanted a 20 lb adjustable and found this vest at Walmart:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5481392

I should mention that it's big. I only use it for leg work, so I don't care if it doesn't fit me perfectly, but for someone who might want to use it for walking/running, it might be a pain in the butt.

Oh, and the weights are bagged sand. I noticed that some of the reviews mention flat metal weights, so perhaps that was something originally offered. That's not how it is sold now.

I like it ~ it does the job for me. It has reflective tape on it too, which is nice for those who walk/run outside.

I also have the 20 Lb adjustable vest from Walmart and LOVE it for the STS leg workouts. I would never think about using it for running or walking but that could be just me. I only use it for lifting...:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.