The tiles are here! The tiles are here!

eminenz2

Cathlete
My Pavi tiles came today! They are very light considering their size, and thin too. The plastic on top is hard with a thin layer of foam underneath. I had to cut three of them narrower to fit my workout space - I was so worried that I'd ruin my $700 investment by cutting the tiles too short or too small, but I did fine.:) They smell funny - kind of like a head shop - that strong patchouli smell, I mean.

To "test them out" them I did IMAX2. The tiles are slippery, so to use the step, I had to put some of rubber matting underneath the step - the kind you would use to keep the area rug from slipping on your hardwood floors. That did the trick.

They certainly didn't make the workout any easier ;) but when I was done I would say my legs didn't feel as worn out as when I was just using puzzle mats.

Anyway, that's all I know. :)

Susan L.G.

Hey Susan!

Welcome to the Pavi Club!:+ :+ :+

They do smell funny, don't they? The smell didn't bother me, I kind of liked it... the smell of new things! LOL
About the slipping, don't worry. It will go away in a few days, after you've used them a bit. I remember when I first used them I had to do the downward dog on a yoga mat because my shoes were slipping. Especially in places were my sweat was dripping. Now I don't have that problem. Shoes, and palms, seem to stick on the Pavis.
Boy, Pavis are really cheap there! I paid almost $1,700 for 12 tiles, 10 grey edges and 3 wedgers. And they are manufactured in Spain, within the European Union so you'd think they'd be cheaper... Unfortunately not!:(

Enjoy them!!!

Chris.

Susan,
Like Chris I liked the smell of the tiles but that has gone now :( I did some floor work on these Wow what a difference I love the way these tiles look too!!!! Can I ask you how you cut your tiles ??? Also did you put puzzle mats under them ????
Enjoy !!!!
Sue :)

I had been using regular foam puzzle mats and put the Pavi tiles on top of the foam mats.

I used a box cutter to cut the Pavi tiles. First I scored the tiles on the hard plastic side using a straight edge - in this case two of the regular foam mats joined together. I flipped the Pavi mat over and scored the foam side using the same straight edge, and kept scoring until I hit the plastic side. I folded the tile along the score line and carefully (and slowly!) cut through the remainder of the tile. Box cutters can slip so fast when you least expect it and you can wind up with a sliced finger before you even reallize what happened!

Susan L.G.

Hi Chris
What are edgers and wedges and how many did you need? My space is abou tht esame 12 x 12.
Sahad

The edgers are plastic edges which cover the length of 1.5 tiles and give it a nice finished look (they cover the tile "teeth" completely). In your case you will need 2 edgers for the 3-tile side and 3 edgers for the 4-tile side, adding up to a total of 10 edgers (you will have to cut one or two edgers to fit the 4-tile length).

Here's a pic:

http://sporteksurfaces.com/images/Edger02.jpg

The wedges are 9mm thick on one end and 5mm on the other end. They have the same length as the tiles and about 10 inches deep. They give a nice slanted finished to your floor.
Sorry I couldn't find any photos of the wedges.

Although I bought them I haven't used them yet. I just put the edgers on all four sides. It looks like an aerobic studio!!! :) :) :)

Chris.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.