The 'Skinny B#@ch Diet"

morgs

Cathlete
:mad:

Just wanted to post this because of how rediculous I think it is. It's just my opinion, but still, had to post it. I was at Barne's & Noble last week, and of coarse I was in the Health & Nutrition section. I was looking into getting the latest Eat Clean 'Re Charged' book and then I came across this little book called "Skinny Bitch"
After thumbing through it, I decided that out of curiosity I would purchase that.
After reading the whole thing, I have to say I am really disappointed that there is actually a book like this out there. Not only is the language vulgar, ( using the F-word and telliing people that they are fat asses ) but so is the attitude. Bottom line of this diet is: You have to swear off Dairy and ALL meats.

I know that there are quite a few people out there who choose to live a vegan lifestyle and that is great. I am all about fruits, veggies, and lots of good for you organic foods. What bothers me about THIS book, is not the Vegan lifestyle they push, but how they go about explaing why we should not eat meat & dairy. Stating that things like 'Dairy and Coffee are basically poison for our bodies' and meat is basically 'rotting decomposing flesh'.
This book literally states that you should wait until you are nearly famished to eat, and that the nausea, headaches, dizzyness, and cramping is NOT because your body is hungry , but because your body is ridding of toxins and after a while you 'will grow to LOVE that empty feeling in your stomach'. It states that you should really try to go on a water/ juice fast for the first month or two. MONTH OR TWO ?? Then on the contrary, tells people to be careful not to become annorexic. OH,,,,,MY,,,,,GOD !!!
I read the whole book with my jaw on the floor, tossed it, and with relief, got out my 'Eat Clean Diet' book. This is why I also take pride in Cathe. Becuase she promotes a 'real' attainable clean eating lifestyle. :cool:For those of you who have not read or heard of this book, get it. You'll be shocked at some of the things that are written.

There are a few ( very few ) things that I did read in that book that made sense. Like,, eating veggies and organic foods, But I just could not bear to live a life with no dairy or meat. Steak,yogurt, meats, eggs, and protiens are a major part of my diet AND I have never been in better shape physically, mentally, and in better health. GO TOSCA !!

Oh that's right ??? I forgot about that part too. They literally tell you to stop all of your medication because once your body is used to 'thier diet ' you won't need to rely on meds to get better.

soooo,,, when I have my next asthma attack I should eat some tofu instead of taking my pro-air inhaler ?? :rolleyes:

W.T.H is right !

Wow, you got through the whole book? I applaud you! I was so disgusted with their approach that I put it back on the shelf after reading the first page. If they think they're doing anything to inspire people to switch to veganism they're mistaken.

I had the SAME reaction to this, I don't get offended too easily, but this book did it! I have NEVER returned a book before until this one, I could not get through the whole book, vulgar is the perfect word, I returned this completely out of principle, I did not want to support these people with my money.

OMG I was about to post about this.

Morgs,

I was going to post about the book I just picked up in an airport. I just found out I am pregnant with my first and had 2 trips planned. I was in the Atlanta airport just dying to buy a good pregnancy book. The only book in the bookstore was Skinny Bitch - Bun in the oven. I just bought it not knowing it was written from a vegan standpoint. I am not vegan. I did get something out of it but some of it scared the heck out of me and parts (feed lots, pussy cows milk) I could not read. This book went organic all the way - even with baby mattresses.

This was not a good first baby book to read for me. I should have looked at it before I bought it.

Winter

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one put off by that book! My guy friend has sworn off meat and dairy because of it, but I couldn't get past the obnoxious tone of the writing.
:mad:

I have been a vegetarian for the past ten years and found the advice in this book to be very contradictory.
They are telling everyone about all the dangers of eating meat, pop, dairy but a lot of the "vegan food" they recommend is processed garbage.
I also found some of their information to be inaccuarate and in some cases completely incorrect.
A vegetarian or vegan diet full of "faux meat" and processed soy products is not necessarily a healthy one. You might as well eat a Big Mac (no offence to McD's).;)

Morgs,

I was going to post about the book I just picked up in an airport. I just found out I am pregnant with my first and had 2 trips planned. I was in the Atlanta airport just dying to buy a good pregnancy book. The only book in the bookstore was Skinny Bitch - Bun in the oven. I just bought it not knowing it was written from a vegan standpoint. I am not vegan. I did get something out of it but some of it scared the heck out of me and parts (feed lots, pussy cows milk) I could not read. This book went organic all the way - even with baby mattresses.

This was not a good first baby book to read for me. I should have looked at it before I bought it.

Winter

Hi Winter,
Just wanted to congradulate you on your great news ! It's nice to know that there are others out there who agree with me on this book. Those girls were VERY inappropriate & crontroversial in the way that they wrote that book. I mean, Tosca Reno ( Eat Clean Diet ) did not have to write that way to get her point across. I guess I have always lived by the saying "You get more bees with honey than you do vinegar''

BTW: They REALLY talked about organic mattresses ?? Man, they are obsessed.
I hope your next Baby Book will be more pleasant to read , and congrats again !

Morgs

At least, now, if I see the book on the shelf, I'll know not to waste my time checking it out! That's just ridiculous. I don't understand how stuff like that gets published! Oh, wait . . . yes I do - cha-ching!

I purchased this book a couple of years ago and also hated it. The language was very offensive (and I'm not easily offended by bad language). I also didn't agree with what the book said abut not eating meat and not taking vitamins, medicines, etc..

If anyone out there thinks they may want this book, send me a PM - you can have mine.

I just recently acquired this book (a friend bought it for me) and was flipping through the pages and seen that there was a chapter on just Pooping. WTH??? After seeing that I was questioning whether I'd read it or not. I think the "or not" is my decision.

The title says it all: Skinny B*%$#h. You want to be skinny then starve yourself. You want to be lean and healthy, then eat and workout!

Oh I agree with all of you! I was so sorry I wasted my money on this book--like Dela, I'm not offended easily, but I was so put off by their approach. Yeah, call people foul names, degrade them & humiliate them--that's a great way to motivate.

But at least they got the title right. :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.