The plight of muscled Americans

Well, we have different senses of humour because this fell flat for me, but! I go to Planet Fitness here in Ann Arbor and I both agree and disagree with the policy they state in this video.

Agree because the lunkheads exist and they dominate certain pieces of equipment and I could never get a look in, i.e., bench press and decline leg press, both of which I wanted to use regularly and rarely could. I disagree because, in attempting to discourage the lunkheads from joining the gym, they consequently removed both these afore-mentioned pieces of equipment from the PF gyms. As if no woman could ever want to use them! Pissed me off royally. Still, at $10 per month, I love the price and the people at my local are a real friendly bunch. Swings and roundabouts...

I didn't think the guy looked all that threatening.

Clare

This is hilarious!

Do they REALLY have a policy against grunting?!!? Guess that would count out most of us Cathletes doing STS, High Reps, Pyramids, Gym Styles, etc....!

Threatening?? To whom?

He seemed like a perfectly nice guy. Sheesh. Note to self: Planet fitness is out. I know I would qualify as an 'animal'.

So, it would seem that Hitler has come back as a perky blond American.:mad:

LOL, I would be banned! Good find, funny policy. I get it though, there's gotta be a place for everyone.

Just joined a brand new gym opening soon, I like their excitement during the building phase and finding myself looking forward to going.

Do they REALLY have a policy against grunting?!!? Guess that would count out most of us Cathletes doing STS, High Reps, Pyramids, Gym Styles, etc....!

Yep, I'm a grunter or something like that. :D

I thought this was a joke? It's for real?:rolleyes:

Yep, I'm a grunter or something like that. :D

I thought this was a joke? It's for real?:rolleyes:

My take on it is that it is a parody on a real policy...takes it to the extreme with perky blond "Hitler". I think they are pointing out how such policies can be very predjudiced, hurtful and target specific groups, even when carried out by a cute, perky little girl.

I thought it was a very well-done skit, but I had to think about it for a while; it was so well done it looked real. What is ya'lls take on it?

I actually worked at a gym that had a no grunting policy and they enforced it too. I found it completely ridiculous.

Apparently they created the policy when a yoga instructor complained she could hear people grunting during her class and found it distracting and disruptive.

OMG I thought this was a spoof! Is this real?? It kind of fell a little flat for me to until the Pilates line, since I am a Pilates Instructor, but if it is a real policy then it takes on a new dimension!

This is totally real. Not a spoof...though The Daily Show sure had fun with this one! Google Planet Fitness and it's all there. Lunk Alarm and all.

That was hilarious!! thanks for sharing! :D
The heavier I lift, the louder I tend to "breathe" lol, so yeah, I guess I'm a bit of a grunter. Cathe tells me to "work hard" so I do!! :eek:

Yep,I think it's for real. I think the lunk alarm is for real too. I have to admit the grunting thing used to be a tremendous annoyance for me (at one of my old gyms a guy made this elephant sound every time he exhaled--SO distracting!) but the mp3 has resolved those issues.

Now, if they had a no-steriod policy, they might just have a case against this guy. Otherwise, I suppose he'll have to keep "carrying sh*t back and forth" until he finds a new gym. :D

I guess I would be totally out...I like to make my noises when I lift and am looking forward to making them again when my doc releases me to lift again!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.