The finishing touch...

morningstar

Cathlete
Okay, so I thought this might be fun. Below are the beginnings of a few sentences for us to finish off in ways that are personal to us:

• I never would have thought that...
  • I would never...
  • I always...
  • I hope to...
  • I will never again...
  • I plan to...

Here's my responses for me:

I never would have thought... when I weighed 110lbs more than I do now that I would consider myself an athlete and a fit person.

I would never... eat pig's blood congee.

I always... walk to and from work, every weekday, a 90 minute round trip.

I hope to... run every race I've signed up for over the next year, ITBS or no ITBS.

I will never again... forget that my body is my vehicle for living and that I need to treat it with respect, fuel it appropriately and get regular tune ups.

I plan to... run at least 5 marathons over the next ten years.

What are your finishing touches?

I never would have thought that.......one bad decision in my life would have caused so much regret.

I would never......hurt an animal.

I always.....try to change my eating and be consistent but continue to fail.

I hope to..... lose the extra weight I have and no longer be insulin resistant.

I will never again.....try yoga :D just kidding.

I plan to......pay off most of my debt this year and be debt free!

Here goes!

I never would have thought . . . that I would allow myself to become overweight and unfit again like I did!

I would never . . . lie to make someone feel better about themselves for making bad choices.

I always . . . tell my DH I love him at least once a day!

I hope to . . . get my body fat percentage down to at least 17% by the end of this year!

I will never again . . . abuse my body with horrible food and laziness!

I plan to . . . run my first 5K this year! (and hopefully more!)

I never would have thought . . . that I would be so in to fitness and health as I find myself today.

I would never . . . hurt someone's feelings on purpose.

I always . . . think about Cathe every day and be watchful of my diet/exercise!

I hope to . . . have more patience with my 17 year old daughter who is driving me crazy by being lazy and making bad food choices; college freshman 15 - here she comes - yikes!:confused:

I will never again . . . take my body for granted. Whenever I don't want to exercise, I think of the people who would love to be able to, but have a disabiity. That makes me work out for them!

I plan to . . . treat me and my family to skiing this next weekend, followed with a cruise to the Bahamas over winter break. From then on, I plan to enjoy my family!

I'll give it a try...

I never would have thought... I would get out of the habit of working out.

I would never... discourage someone from working out.

I always... beat myself up when I don't live up to my own expectations.

I hope to... get back into my regular workout routines from yikes about 2 years ago..

I will never again... let people guilt me into eating cake and other unhealthy food that I really don't want just to fit in.

I plan to... be active in 2010 and live with less regrets!

I never would have thought...I would be the person smack dab in the middle of a cyber cat fight on a fitness forum.

I would never...jump out of a plane or appear on Fear Factor.

I always...play a game of iPhone solitaire before turning out the lights and going to bed.

I hope to...actually lose the 60 pounds.

I will never again...date a man who has no clue about a woman's body and then turns to me post unfulfilling sex and says "Maybe you have a physical problem."

I plan to...go speed dating when I reach my weight loss goal...and write about every hilarious detail.

Great thread! :) Jonezie

Nobody else wants to respond to this? Maybe I've been to too many wedding showers, too many slumber parties, or supervised too many teenage icebreakers...but I thought people would be chomping at the bit to answer these.

I HAVE just finished watching Sex in the City, Season 2. Maybe we need a diner and some cosmos before the truth in Truth or Dare starts being fun. ;)

Great thread, Morningstar!

Jonezie

I never would have thought that...I would look forward to exercise and actually become giddy with excitement at the sight of a NEW exercise dvd :)

I would never...smoke, take drugs or do anything that might make me unhealthy: I don't sweat like a pig 7 days a week to throw it all away!

I always...smile at everyone: a smile can lighten up a room, but it can also make someone's mood change completely. My little gift to the world: it may not be expensive, but it has value :)

I hope to...be able to go through life without offending anyone.

I will never again...eat soup. Yugh... somethings you just can't come back to after a horrible experience!

I plan to...eat clean :) It has eradicated my IBS.. so it seems worth it (not to mention the fact it has encouraged my biceps to peek out from their hiding place)

I like this thread :) It's made me think

I never would have thought that...I would like exercise as much as I do. I really look forward to it!

I would never...want to become my mother.

I always...eat breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day!

I hope to...lose 50 pounds this year.

I will never again...smoke...unfortunately. I quit about four years ago and miss it every day!

I plan to...come up with a realistic budget and STICK TO IT so that I can crawl out of debt!

Carrie

I hope to...be able to go through life without offending anyone.

I like this thread :) It's made me think

I love all these replies!

Zozo...anyone? Ever? I used to wish for this, so so much...but the last few years I've discovered it's not humanly possible. Like the money thread that is currently on the forum. I never give money to strangers (unless through an organization). I'm sure it offends them. I wish it didn't, but I also wish they wouldn't ask me for money.

Anyway...your thoughts hit home. I remember a time when I said out loud "I never want to hurt anyone's feelings." PS...I have, unfortunately.

Great to hear all your responses, ladies!

:)Jonezie

Nobody else wants to respond to this? Maybe I've been to too many wedding showers, too many slumber parties, or supervised too many teenage icebreakers...but I thought people would be chomping at the bit to answer these.

I HAVE just finished watching Sex in the City, Season 2. Maybe we need a diner and some cosmos before the truth in Truth or Dare starts being fun. ;)

Great thread, Morningstar!

Jonezie

I appreciate the drumming up of business on the thread nonetheless, Jonezie!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.