The Cathe.com ripple effect on my life

Tess_ATL

Cathlete
Hi ladies, it has been awhile since I posted as I've been dealing with a very emotionally draining divorce, as many of you know. I did get to have lunch with some of the Atlanta Cathe girls over the weekend and it got me thinking about how much this place has changed my life over the past several years. Without rehashing a lot of the reasons for my divorce, I would say the #1 reason is that my husband was a controlling person and I really lost a sense of who I was in the marriage. My membership on this board helped me to start on a life-changing journey, and I am grateful to all of you for your strength and example over the past several years.

I started on this board this time two years ago after having found Cathe again and starting back on my fitness journey. I was struggling with self-esteem issues and just felt fat and out of shape. I managed to lose about 15 lbs in a pretty short time with Cathe's videos and I started feeling attractive again. My husband never noticed or commented, but I kept on going. Then in July 2007 I got the chance to go on the road trip. I have to tell you that personally that was definitely me stepping way outside my comfort zone. It is something I really struggled with but finally decided I would do it, and I am so glad I did. I met some really wonderful girls during the trip and bonded more with some I had known for awhile. I really learned to value friendships with women and now cherish those relationships. Prior to the road trip, I had a few women friends, but it was difficult for me to cultivate many friendships because my husband was so demanding on my time and always wanted to know who I was talking to, what we were talking about etc. In short, he kept me on a short leash (although I allowed it to an extent). Anyway, I think that was the first step to me discovering some independence and not really wanting to be controlled or manipulated anymore. Also these friendships helped me to gain some perspective on what is and isn't normal and I finally worked up the courage to do something about it. I think being physically stronger and more in control also helped me to take emotional control over my life and I was able to make a very difficult yet empowering decision.

I filed my paperwork yesterday and I hope to be final in January. I got to share a little with some of my new and old Cathe friends over the weekend - thank you Atlanta Cathe girls for all your love and support. Also thank you to all of you who prayed and wished me well when I asked for it, and those who sent me notes in my mailbox. It means the world to me. I am looking forward to the next chapter in my life and although I am doing a lot more yoga these days than I am Cathe workouts, this place will always have a special place in my heart. Love to all of you.

Wow! I am so happy you are growing on your journey. Enjoy the next chapter of your story. Good luck with the rest of the divorce process. I am cheering for you!

{{{{HUGS}}}}, Tess! It's wonderful to hear about your journey and to know that you're doing so well!

I'm glad you're moving on with your life! Things will keep getting better and better for you. Lunch was fun and we'll have to do it again soon! Keep in touch! :)

Teresa,

It was great to see you again. I thought you looked fabulous! I enjoyed chatting with everyone at brunch. We definitely need to do that again. Hugs to you again and hope to see you soon.

{{Tess}} You are strong! I am happy to see you here. I will be thinking about you as you continue your journey.

Teresa, lots more ((((hugs)))) to you. We are all continuing to send you love and support! Carolyn's right, you do look great, and it was great to get together. We always say this, but we really should try to get together more often!!!

I'm so glad that you are on a better road; it sounds like things are really falling into place and I'm so happy for you that they are. We are all here for you, whatever you may need!!

(((((Tess)))))

I am so glad to hear that you are doing well. I can't even imagine what you have been going through. We are so glad to have you back.

Tess, thank you for the update. It can't have been easy to go through this process, but you've done so with grace and courage. My best to you as you go forward. This will be such an exciting time in your life, and the possibilities are endless. Go for it!

Last edited:
Tess, thank you for sharing your story. What an incredible journey.

I am glad things are falling into place for you and I am sure a lot more great and exciting things will come to you. You are one great lady!!!!

That was a powerful post, Tess. More (((((((hugs)))))) coming down south for you! Keep us all posted on your journey and discoveries. We're all rooting for you!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.