~~~ the 40's and over Check in~~~

I'll chime in though keeping up with more than one check in is sometimes hard for me.

I am 44 and have 3 sons whom I homeschool, I work weekends only at a group home for girls (ok there are a few boys but I work with the girls). I struggle with my weight but love to workout so exercising isn't the problem. I honestly can't remember when I started with Cathe but I am regular on the Daily check in thread here.

I will post when I remember to check this one too.

Happy Friday to you all! Today I did Drill Max, whew, by the 6th drill I was pooped.

Vilma, I'll be doing CCPP tomorrow too. This is my firts time doing the Sat CCPP although I did do it a couple weeks ago when I first bought it.

Cindi, Wow, good for you with your high school weight! My goal is to get to 10 lbs above my high school weight. I never have been at my high school weight since my early 20s. I'm an apple and my Mom had a tummy, skinny everywhere else except for the tummy. Since I'm so much like her, well, you know the story.

Tina, Sweet Tea?!?!? Are you from the south? My sis loves her sweet tea and since moving from FL to CO she can't find it here. So thought it must be a southern thing. When she makes her sweet tea, she puts in at least 1 cup of sugar in 1/2 gallon. OMG, no wonder she has diabetes at age 49. She just won't listen to me about cutting the sugar. Personally, I like my sugar in cake or pie, in my drinks I'm happy with stevia.

Andrea, do you always have sleep probs or just a few days out of the month. My doc fixed one of my perimenopause symptoms and I told her that if she could fix my sleep problem then I would be the happiest perimenopausal woman she knows. She thinks it's a drop in estrogen that is causing the sleep probs and offered estrogen pills 1 week out of the month. I wasn't interested in taking hormones so I'm livnig with the sleep issues. Last night was good, I too a benadryl for my allegies and it helped with my sleep too!

Scubagirl, I'm a sweater too. Always have been, couldn't stand the heat and humidity in FL so love living in CO. But I still sweat a ton when I exercise (and sometimes even when I'm not). I don't have the workout that has the Viper on it, but just the name sounds intense!

Laura, so you have sleep issues too? I don't drink, we are boring people. I dont' have sleep probs as much as I used to since I quit working but when they do hit, I hate it.

Hammiehaack, Are you sure you won't join Tina and I for the April 07 Rotation? The first week is the GS workouts and then for the other days you could sub in your bike for the cardio.

For those of you looking to lose weight, did you see Cathe's answer to this post? http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=2&topic_id=86280&mesg_id=86280&page=
Ah ha, to shed lbs she says strength training AND cardio 4-5 days a week. That is just what I'm discovering I was so happy to see Cathe say it.

I've rambled long enough, have a great day all.

Hi! Iposted a few days back,I'm Kay 46years old 5'5" 132(on a good day) I have three kids 17,16,13 two horses 30+ cows cats, dogs, and one hubby. I do cathe 3days/week(no step-I don't have the cordination(SP?)) and I run or staionary bike 3days w/ 1 day off. I started Cathe roughly 3 years ago. Love, Love, Love Her!!!!! My problem area is the middle...I would love to loose 10 lbs., But can't seem to.:( It bothers me most when I sit down(if you know what I mean) I blame it on my third pregnancy when I was on bed rest for 5 months. (But 13 years ago?????) Sounds good to me:) I eat fairly well, lots of chicken, fish and even lean venison. About a year ago the stomach bulge came...went to Drs. to rule out some things but found out I have some benign cysts in thne lining of my uterus, which can make me bloated especially right before TTOTM.(which is now). Does anyone have a fool proof way of loosing the "tire"? Thanks, Kay

Ditto on the spare tire. I had a c-section about 5 months ago and feel like I have a beer belly. I hardly drink soda never mind beer. ;( It really, really bothers me. Today I did the leg pre-mix on LIC and added the abs section. I keep telling myelf it will go away...eventually, but it is quite frustrating.

>
>Vilma, I'll be doing CCPP tomorrow too. This is my firts time
>doing the Sat CCPP although I did do it a couple weeks ago
>when I first bought it.
>

I always keep the last Saturday for CCPP and this time around I'm going to add on challenge 3 from CCV8 to it as some of the gals suggested :eek:

LOL

I love CCPP as its such a motivating workout and I always end up teary eyed when I'm done with it as that song 'Another Day' gets me just when my endorphins are flying high.

Hi All! I'd like to join this check-in, although I will probably not check in daily...but then again, maybe i will! I am 51 and have been doing Cathe for many years. My biggest problem is that my age is catching up with me...tennis elbow, occassional knee pain, etc. But I have a hard time cutting back on the exercise! I'm really excited about STS, but am waiting until the final presale option.

Andrea,

I always worked days up until Feb. The shortage at night is so great and it pays a bit more, so I thought "what the heck?" I'll stay on nights until next summer (when I finish my BSN) and then probably go back to days. I actually sleep great during the day, and have no trouble turning back around. I do all my nights in a row. Also find I eat better and work out more. Don't know why exactly. For now it works... but I don't want to do it forever.

I love horses, grew up with them, but no room in my subdivision for a horse
;(
The harleys fit in the garage and are (fairly) low maintenance. Ha!

I'm up and getting ready for a cardio coach treadmill run. Then on to work.

I have to confess I ate a piece of coffee cake last night. Otherwise eating has been healthy.

Happy Friday All!
Lynn

Tina,

I simply cut out all alcohol. Not only did that get rid of a lot of empty calories, but I was less tired. Also found I tend to eat less when I'm not having wine with my meal, or alcohol at parties. As I got older I never thought about all the "empty" calories I consumed that my body could handle when younger. Anyway, it got rid of ten pounds. Now the other ten....I'm working on that.

I'll check out the April rotation and see. It would be good for me, I'm sure. I always have a hard time sticking to rotations...

And Welcome to the last poster I read lala1.

Lynn

Tina and Lisa I have decided to join you in the April 07 rotation. It will be fun following a rotation with others. I also have a hard time following rotations so I am looking forward to this challenge. Sun is my rest day or yoga so I look forward to GS legs and B&G ball abs on Monday. My goal is weight loss so I will have to incorporate clean eating and drinking water. See you then! Laura;-)

Hello-

Hope it isn't too late to join this check-in. A little about myself: I'm 44 and have a dh and 4 kiddos. I am looking at the April 07 rotation (never have done a rotation before)and this one looks to fit the bill. I will try to check in daily to make myself accountable toward my goal of becoming more healthy and fit.

Have a great evening, everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.