Thank you, Worknprogress!!

jloewe

Cathlete
First off, I am an idiot, secondly, I am a huge idiot, that about covers it.

I made some very bad decisions a while back, things that I cannot change..the big thing is, what am I going to do going forward???

My own personal pity party after being injured did me no good..I have never asked anyone for anything, I figure people have tons of stuff far more important that me in their lives ( I sure hope so, anyway). I sure do wish life came with instructions that you can refer to when you screw up as royally as I did, looking for a shovel to dig myself out of this hole is too time consuming.

I had it all here, a great bunch of forum friends..two ladies in particular who will always hold a place in my heart despite my stupdity for being a part of my wife's birthday..they know who they are if they read this..and I hope to someday be the type of person they are....outstanding mothers and incredible friends who deserved far better than me..the Tri Stater group was one of the greatest things I have ever been a part of, working out with Cathe live, get togethers after that..I was in a good place.

I think what I have learned through this experience is that you have to find ways to be the type of person you are during the good times, all of the time. Not being able to work out for such a period of time taught me just how far I to go, how much harder I have to work at being the type of person I expect of myself.

I made a promise when my depression was at it's worst...if I ever pulled out of this black hole, I was going to change lives in some small way, not run and hide.

Bear93 was my stupid attempt at running away and hiding, and getting back into a lifestyle that caused my illness in the first place.

I'm still on the green side of the grass, I have a chance to get this thing right, and that's what I am going to do.

My sincere apologies to all here, it's time to right this ship...not only on my workout floor, but in all aspects of my life.

Last edited:
Glad you're back I always read with interest your trips to see Cathe. I hope you can exercise again but even if you can't I hope you don't leave the forums and your friends.

Joan

Jerry,
I am so glad to "see" you again on this forum. I miss your sense of humor and viewpoint on various topics discussed here. It sounds like you have been through a very tough time, but remember growth always happens when challenges hit you. You have to know inyour heart and soul that we are all here for you and each other, through good times and bad and we are all so very glad you are posting again.

Take care
Brenda in Indiana

Jerry! I am so glad to see you back. I know I don't always respond to what you post but I so loved your enthusiasm.

I just had to say I'm glad you found your way and I'm glad your here again!

Jerry,

So glad to have you back! You are easily in my Top 3 favorite people on this forum for your positive attitude and friendliness. :)

MC

Good to see you back, Jerry. I was wondering about you the very day I read the other post! I think that an awful lot of life is striving to be a better person each day; sometimes we go forward and sometimes we don´t...but we keep at it. All the best to you!

Welcome back Jerry. I don't post much but read the forums a lot. I always enjoy reading your post. I know what it's like to be in that dark hole. I've been there plenty of time and it's is not a good feeling. You've always help when I had questions about that dark hole I was in. Thanks:)

Hey Jerry!!! Glad to hear from you!

I think we can all read your post and see a bit of ourselves in it. For me, I know I am always disappointed in myself when I don't handle things like I should. And there are times I let my emotions guide immediate actions and forever have regret.

We all trip up in life, many times. And life can be so, so hard as well. But when we reach out and tell others our struggles, it's always so wonderful to know that people truly care. Look how many have missed you on this site!

Glad to have you back. And if you ever do find "Life's Instruction Book" please send it my way 'cause I could really use it as well!

It takes a strong person to see what he/she did wrong and want to move forward and make better decisions. You should be proud of that, Jerry.

Thanks for the replies!! I appreciate them. I think what I'm starting to realize is that I spent far too much time in a "why me" zone than I had a right to.

There is also the realization that I have to work just a little harder than I have been at improving myself in all areas of my life.

Hi Jerry -- great to hear from you again! I certainly missed you at the RT last July (it wasn't the same!). I hope you stay in touch with us!

Welcome back, Jerry! I have missed your wisdom and this has been a different place without your presence.

Stebby

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.