TGIF Everyone!

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi All!

I will be answering some forum questions but if you have any you'd like answered now...ask away!

Have a wonderful weekend :D

Rest Week

Cathe, do you think a rest week is necessary when one works out year round? How often is rest needed? I workout 6 days a week.

How many meals do you eat per day?

Thanks.

I seem to store all my bodyfat in my abdominal region. What workouts would be best to get rid of this "belly" fat? How do I reduce bodyfat overall?

Just wanted to say how much I love the new cardios! My sister & I have been doing them together and having so much fun - especially the HiiTs!

I was on your 2008 RT very pregnant and had a blast! Can't wait til you come to Chicago!

Hi

Just finished STS disc 27, wow I'm pumped. My biceps are really looking defined. Triceps are on their way, but not as fast unless I have my arm a certain way. LOL. More fat to go, but the muscles are under there. DH see's the muscle development.
Anyway, what's for lunch? I think we'd all like to know;)
Autumn

I was caught a little off guard...without a question but I wanted to send many thanks for STS cardio your way! Great workouts and DH and I love the addition to our third STS Strength rotation! Thanks again and you are the best! :)

Cathe, Hi! I just wanted to say that I ABSOLUTELY love the new cardios you have created. My favs are all 3 HIIT (especially 40/20) and CCC. WOW! Such wonderfully intense workouts, that when combined together make a killer combo! I love to make my own workouts using the Mix/Match & chapter options and with these new workouts, man, I have very hard new creations. Thanks for always being so creative and love what you do! Ever since I found you I have not stepped into a gym and I only work out to you. No others compare. Keep inspiring us to become more fit athletes.

Kristen

Hi Victoriash! Yes, I believe rest periods are vital for physical and mental recovery. If you workout 6 days a week, I would make your 7th day a rest day....you can still do activities (ie: go for walk, play a game of volleyball at beach, go skiing with friends, etc.) just not your regualrly scheduled fitness routine. I try to eat 5 to 6 small meals a day.

Cathe, do you think a rest week is necessary when one works out year round? How often is rest needed? I workout 6 days a week.

How many meals do you eat per day?

Thanks.

Just popping in to say Happy Friday!!!

And I am so darn excited you've chosen to have another NJ roadtrip.

Have a nice weekend Cathe.

Since you cannot spot reduce from one area of the body (which I always found unfair..."then why can we store in one area?" ) you need to do a balanced fitness and calorie reduction program. For overall bodyfat loss your fitness routines should burn 500 calories (or more) per day and a diet plan that reduces your calories intake by 500 calories by day per week. This way you will loose 3500 calories per week in diet ( a total of one pound) and 3,500 in calories in fitness (a total of one pound). 2 pounds per week is a good goal to get results that will last and not cause potential cravings or potential over training that could set you up for failure.

Your weekly fitness routines should have 4 to 6 weekly cardio session and two total body weight training workouts too.

Good Luck!

I seem to store all my bodyfat in my abdominal region. What workouts would be best to get rid of this "belly" fat? How do I reduce bodyfat overall?

Great to hear this Chefkate! I love those HIIT workouts too. High five to you and your sister and hugs to the little one!

Just wanted to say how much I love the new cardios! My sister & I have been doing them together and having so much fun - especially the HiiTs!

I was on your 2008 RT very pregnant and had a blast! Can't wait til you come to Chicago!

Hi Autumn! Triceps are more stubborn and an area that women store more fat. Don't worry, stay consistent and they will come around.

Lunch....Egg's (4 whites one yolk), brown rice, broccoli, and 1 piece Ezekiel toast. Sounds more like breakfast huh? :D

Just finished STS disc 27, wow I'm pumped. My biceps are really looking defined. Triceps are on their way, but not as fast unless I have my arm a certain way. LOL. More fat to go, but the muscles are under there. DH see's the muscle development.
Anyway, what's for lunch? I think we'd all like to know;)
Autumn

Hi Cathe,

No question here either, just happy Friday!

I am 38 1/2 weeks pregnant with number 2 a little boy and all I do right now is walk 5-6 times a week on the treadmill.

I can't wait and I am so excited to start a STS rotation including the new STS Cardios when I am able to get back into my workouts. I am pumped and ready :p:cool::eek:.

Ich hoffe, Du hast ein schoenes Wochenende
Kristine

Wow Meliisa. That is so awesome that you are on your 3rd round of STS. It's so much more fun with the Shock Cardio workouts inserted too. Keep up the great work. You two will be so beach ready this summer...if you aren't already :D

I was caught a little off guard...without a question but I wanted to send many thanks for STS cardio your way! Great workouts and DH and I love the addition to our third STS Strength rotation! Thanks again and you are the best! :)

Hi Cathe,

A pleasant weekend to you too! Thankfully, I've got back into the swing of things after a pretty weird/inactive period for me earlier this month. My instructor in spinning and aquafit was also glad to see me back at the gym...and boy did she give me a kicker of a 'welcome back'. I'm still feelin it in my nether-parts ;) She's only 4' 11" but her bite is worse than her bark! :D

Thank you so much Kristen. How sweet of you to say those things :eek:. I love to hear how creative you have been with your workouts too. Keep going strong!!!

Cathe, Hi! I just wanted to say that I ABSOLUTELY love the new cardios you have created. My favs are all 3 HIIT (especially 40/20) and CCC. WOW! Such wonderfully intense workouts, that when combined together make a killer combo! I love to make my own workouts using the Mix/Match & chapter options and with these new workouts, man, I have very hard new creations. Thanks for always being so creative and love what you do! Ever since I found you I have not stepped into a gym and I only work out to you. No others compare. Keep inspiring us to become more fit athletes.

Kristen

Hi Cathe...I've been practicing those roll-back-then-jump-up thingies because I'm having trouble with them. My hubby was giving me critique on what I was doing wrong,etc, and then he kiddingly said that the reason it's harder for me is that I'm more "encumbered" from the waist to the hips than you and your crew...! I told him he was going to be "encumbered" when I use him as my "heavy bag" in MMA Boxing!:D

Hi Ly10up! I will ALWAYS plan on having one unless for some reason I truly can't on a given year. Nothing beats the home turf roadtrips!!!

Just popping in to say Happy Friday!!!

And I am so darn excited you've chosen to have another NJ roadtrip.

Have a nice weekend Cathe.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.