Tank top arms rotation?

ashaw

Cathlete
Is anyone familiar with this rotation?

As some of you know (and thank you to those who gave me such wonderful advice), I have recently dealt with a relationship situation that was causing stress in my life. I stood up for myself and my marriage and set clear boundaries. Now that I feel peace and focus again I’m ready to jump into a serious rotation.

I’ve seen a few on here using older dvds. It looks like a concept of hitting certain muscle groups on certain days with cardio thrown in. Am I right on this?

If you go to the rotation section & do a search, many postings come up including from a Marlene. Cathe's March 2012 is a possibility too as are her " get ready for summer" rotations in spring 2017. You're right in that Marlene is prior to 2012.

"The basic premise is working chest/back twice a week and shoulders/biceps/triceps three times a week!"

Thank you! I’m gonna do some more digging today. I was mainly looking for that framework of what body parts are hit each day so I can plug in corresponding workouts from what I have. There was a certain flow of upper, lower, cardio, bis-tris- shoulders and total body that I’m going to try to find.

It seems like great variety and I can pull from old and new series and not be tied down to one specific series. And that’s the beauty of Cathe’s workouts because they can be used so many different ways. And from what I’ve seen the basic way STS 2.0 is put together will fit right in!

Last edited:
If you go to the rotation section & do a search, many postings come up including from a Marlene. Cathe's March 2012 is a possibility too as are her " get ready for summer" rotations in spring 2017. You're right in that Marlene is prior to 2012.

"The basic premise is working chest/back twice a week and shoulders/biceps/triceps three times a week!"
I really like the idea of turning old rotations into templates and using different workouts.

I found what I was looking for!!!

Complete Upper Body Weights
Complete Lower Body Weights
Biceps, Triceps and Shoulders Weights
Cardio
Total Body Weights
Cardio
Cardio or Rest

All I need to do is plug in the corresponding workout and I have so many to pick from! This was the formula I was hunting for! Now I’m not tied down to a particular rotation or series, I have the framework to do the workouts I choose.
I can’t wait to start next week! I’m feeling so much better than I was last week at this time. I got my bad a$$ groove back!

Last edited:
On the workout manager, there is an Xtrain rotation, XTrain 30 Day Strength Only. It has chest and back Mondays, then triceps and biceps Tuesdays, then legs Wednesday, and that repeats over the next three days except using burn sets. And on for the 4 weeks, with some variation but basically the same. I love it. I like to follow STS with it. There's no cardio in the rotation, just strength. I have been known to make the second leg day a cardio leg day, because I like the power in cardio legs. Check that one out too.

I'm so excited about planning this rotation. I haven't sat down with my paper yet to write down what I'm going to do for each day, but I know for sure that Monday's upper body day will be Perfect 30 Perfect Pump Upper + the bonus. I'm leaning towards Pyramid Lower Body and Total Body Giant sets for the lower body and total body days. Haven't fully decided though. But when I looked at STS, I noticed that Mesocycle 3 is already arranged for Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps to be worked together. So, I'll probably put that in for one of the days in the future with STS total body for the total body day. Because I have so much to work with, this might be a rotation I'll stick with for a few months. Slow & Heavy, 4 Day Split and Burn Sets will also be used. The PHA's can be used for total body. This is just what I needed right now. Last week was so incredibly difficult and I’m just thankful it’s behind me. I sure hope I can achieve some extra definition in my arms, especially my biceps.

Last edited:
Tank Top rotation Day #1 in the books! I did Perfect 30 Perfect Pump Upper body & the bonus. I finished up with the Bonus abs #1 from Ripped with HIIT. I love that one because using the 8 pound dumbbell really adds a challenge and then those crazy walking planks with the in and out jacks at the end! Tomorrow is Pyramid Lower Body from the Intensity Series. I've looked at the schedule and I see where there are 2 cardio days. I'm thinking about alternating and maybe putting in a leg day on Saturday just to go out with a bang before my off day Sunday. Maybe shorter contrast type workouts like RWH Legs or Chiseled Lower Body Blast. And of course in Meso 3 of STS, there are the Plyo legs workouts. That way get an extra leg day and cardio in as well.

Tank Top rotation Day #1 in the books! I did Perfect 30 Perfect Pump Upper body & the bonus. I finished up with the Bonus abs #1 from Ripped with HIIT. I love that one because using the 8 pound dumbbell really adds a challenge and then those crazy walking planks with the in and out jacks at the end! Tomorrow is Pyramid Lower Body from the Intensity Series. I've looked at the schedule and I see where there are 2 cardio days. I'm thinking about alternating and maybe putting in a leg day on Saturday just to go out with a bang before my off day Sunday. Maybe shorter contrast type workouts like RWH Legs or Chiseled Lower Body Blast. And of course in Meso 3 of STS, there are the Plyo legs workouts. That way get an extra leg day and cardio in as well.
In addition to these, I also use Lower Body Blast, RWH LB Circuit & XT Cardio Leg Blast - while not all are true contrast training, they provide cardio with leg training. You have plenty of options! See how it goes ...

Tank top rotation day 2- Intensity series pyramid lower body. Had a good burn this morning and then tomorrow is shoulders, biceps and triceps from Xtrain Burn Sets.

totally crazy morning, while I was in another room putting in my contacts and putting on workout clothes , Luca got my mouth night guard off the bathroom counter and was sitting in the middle of the living room chewing on it like a chew toy. I had to go to the store this morning and get another one and hopefully get it molded before bedtime.

I also ended up seeing Kevin and we had a very very brief but pleasant conversation. No side hug or kiss on the cheek. This is the first time I’ve encountered him alone since breaking off the texting. I don’t feel anxious anymore, I feel peace. Finally.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.